All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's
Post a reply

Look what I found

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:06 pm

I thought my Kawasaki days were over after I sold the Z1000 to greenman and I was going to stick with my GSX Suzukis, but I saw this outside a house on the way home from work yesterday with a for sale sign on it.
Original owner from new who rode it for 10 years and it has been in his garage since 1993. 36,000klm.
Seems genuine.
Attachments
IM002866.JPG
IM002866.JPG (65.33 KiB) Viewed 7614 times
IM002864.JPG
IM002864.JPG (64.56 KiB) Viewed 7614 times

Re: Look what I found

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Nice ! Have one in the shed here and theres room for one more if you want to stick to your suzukis :lol: But its amazing what is still out there stashed away in sheds.What you end up paying for it,great find 8)

Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Nice find, going to race it?

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Great find Richard, looks fantastic ! My mate just bought the same model but in an 1100, and while his is probably in around the same condition, it's beeen repainted (badly) in black. Welcome back to the green fold (I'd offer to take this one off your hands too, but the wife would crucify me - still haven't been forgiven for bringing home the Mk II :D ).

Cheers,
Brian

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm

I'll keep this one and it will be a road bike.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Excellent decision, I'm sure it'll be a great machine for the road.

Nearly dropped in to see you yesterday, drove on the Hume past your place yesterday, although only about 3.15 so you were probably out bike shopping (or working).

Cheers,
Brian

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Great bike, got one in my shed too!!

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:02 pm

I probably just got home with it Brian. Would have been perfect timing. Call in anytime.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Bugger - will definitely stick my nose in if I'm in the area again.

Wed May 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Nice find Eastoe - great rigs these ones, in fact so good that Kawasaki kept making that same basic motor right up into the 90's with the Zephyr 750.

8)

Thu May 02, 2013 5:44 am

Yes, and based on the Z650 which was my first real bike.
The brake discs are badly worn which from memory is typical of these discs and need machining or replacing.
I noticed yestrerday they are only 260mm. Do any larger diameter discs fit this wheel? 280 or 300mm?

Thu May 02, 2013 10:10 pm

those discs always wear out - and I am pretty sure that only the 260mm disc rotors fit straight up - if you were interested in adding some adapters to the calipers you might be able to fit larger ones ? I have a few of these disc rotors kicking around, will measure them up.

Will you be racing this weekend ?

8)

Fri May 24, 2013 6:23 am

I probably should move this to the GPZ section but....................
New oil, plugs, battery and fuel and she fired up nice.
Had to read the owner's manual that was under the seat to realise I had to pull the clutch in for the starter to work. (modern technology)
Engine sounds good. New air filter ordered.
Need to rebuild brake calipers and fit new chain then she'll be ready for a test ride.
Fork seals, tyres and valve clearance check should see me on historic rego and away we go.
Sounds too good. Might be a problem or two waiting in there for me somewhere

Fri May 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Nice, love the look of these GPz's. PC has one of these doesnt he Gos?

Fri May 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Nice, love the look of these GPz's. PC has one of these doesnt he Gos?
Post a reply