Motogp shortened.

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Re: Motogp shortened.

Postby dutchy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:39 pm

paulsj wrote:Here's the way it was written for those that are interested!

Hard to argue with that.
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Postby Mazabuzz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:46 am

Seems pretty clear to me
Mazabuzz
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby webcase » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:12 am

The dumb part of it as far as Honda is concerned is that Dani was the first bloke in so simple logic should tell them that Marc had to,HAD TO come in the next lap.No excuses.There was a two lap window,one or the other.Just dumb on Hondas part.Anything other than a black flag would have made the race more farcical.
They can build a motorcycle that can run at 340k but they cant count to ten. dontknow.gif
webcase
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda

Postby Jonnymac » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:44 am

I'm tipping it was nothing to do with Honda......Marquez just got it wrong.
Perhaps he didn't see Dani come in the lap before as he was behind him. But he certainly saw Lorenzo come in.

Marquez mustn't have been looking or understood his pit board.
Marquez isn't a shrinking violet, if he hadn't excepted it was at least partly his responsibility he would've been going off tap when he came in after the black flag.

I disagree though with it being farcical had he not been black flagged. Its a massive blow for a simple mistake.

What IS farcical is that Bridgestone couldn't provide a tyre that would last!!!! That is the real issue, yet that will be swept under the carpet due to this.

Even burgess didn't agree with it. You can argue all you want about the safety aspect of it, but the reason pit lane was 60kms was safety as well. Dani disobeyed that and only got a one position penalty which you could also argue he didn't serve as it was Marquez that went past him. Yet that was after his mistake which meant he was no longer in the race........
Anyways it's happened now but to me this was dorna making a statement to Marquez as the rumblings in the paddock were they have been too soft on him for past indiscretions.
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby paulsj » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:00 am

Here's MM93's tyre after his 11th lap pretty easy to see why they made the rule changes. Poor form on Bridgestone for not doing any testing and bringing such a poo compound.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (71.53 KiB) Viewed 5335 times
paulsj
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R

Postby mick_dundee » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:25 pm

That race was an absolute fuck up right from the start, very poor form by Bridgestone I reckon, this is the the BIGGEST stage of them all with the exception of F1 car racing, not great publicity for your brand of tyre I suggest and not like you have an option either, you can either run Bridgestone or Bridgestone, they should reschedule PI for the last race, forget this race happened even.
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki

Postby EDU » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:04 pm

Well, not F1 since they're not there anymore... oddly enough, that happened following a similar f@#$ up
EDU
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby webcase » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Just to add to the cockup a thon.http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/197310/1/cudlin_explains_phantom_philip_island_black_flag.html

Australian MotoGP: Cudlin explains phantom Philip Island black flag

Damian Cudlin was wrongly shown the black flag during the Australian MotoGP and afterwards Race Direction apologised to the PBM rider for the confusion.

Racing in front of his home fans, Cudlin had hoped for a stronger race performance. But having had a difficult time all weekend, struggling with the wind and braking issues, the 19 lap race was very difficult.

The black flag disqualification was for pitting outside the pit window, like Marc Marquez and Bryan Staring. But after the race Cudlin confirmed the cause of the issue was simple confusion from Race Direction.

“I had come in on lap nine and swapped bikes but had a brake problem on the second bike,” said the Australian. “So I had to pit again after a couple of laps and that confused the stewards. I went out on the same front but a new rear.

“To be honest I wasn't sure if they'd exclude me or not because I saw the black flag and my number, but I just couldn't understand what it was for and with only a few laps together I thought that I'd just get to the finish.

“Luckily I did because race control have since come to me and apologised for it and given me the race finish.”
webcase
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda

Previous

Return to General Racing Discussion