03 zx6r non factory sticker kit

Bodywork Modification Discussion.

03 zx6r non factory sticker kit

Postby Paz » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:22 pm

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I lasted visited, during which time I owned a cbr250 :P NO there is nothing wrong with honda.. don't worry I also owned a zx2r. anyhoo

I have turned green, well not completely green but I have turned to kawasaki for my next bike ;) to be a bit more specific I am looking at the 03 zx6 *drool*

After doing a lot of looking around and sitting on bikes etc I have chosen the zx6. So hopefully I can be on in your group events to meet so more enthusiastic riders like myself.

The purpose to this thread was to ask about the non factory sticker kit on this zx6. Now I havn't seen this bike in person yet but will be early next week. I was just curious to see what you guys thought about it, am I just being too cautious. Its only 3 years old, the only reason I could see why the stickers are chrome is because it was layed down and had a new paint job? Maybe I'm overlooking the fact that he just wanted chrome stickers. Im pretty sure they didn't come from factory like this, maybe im just making an arse of myself :oops: Obviously when I go to check the bike out I will ask about the stickers..

http://www.bikesales.com.au/as/search/s ... ge=20&x=17

Cheers Guys

Paz
Black '06 ZX10R
9.8 @ 144mph
Paz
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby red_dave » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:21 am

Chances are it's been dropped and needed some form of paint/new stickering...

I'd make sure everything is straight before considering this one...

Good Luck 8)
red_dave
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Paz » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:34 am

yea I had those suspicions, cheers dave
Black '06 ZX10R
9.8 @ 144mph
Paz
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Plaz » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:38 am

ok...the bike has been modified, doesn't mean its been dropped....I did a few Mods (blinkers, pipe, polished wheels, screen Oggies etc) to my 03 model as below and have bought a set of chrome decals for my 05 model...I just wanted them.
Attachments
DSC00269 (Small).JPG
DSC00269 (Small).JPG (68.43 KiB) Viewed 5270 times
Plaz
Team Ninja

Bike: Z1000
State: South Australia

Postby varden » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:31 am

That model has the green pearl in the paint doesn't it?

The tank and the rear cowl on my 03 ZX6R trackie and the replacement top faring i brought for my green road ZX6R did when i got it so i'm guessing a genuine kwaka set of farings would also have the green pearl, if it don't it means respray, and generally respray means crashed.

Check the rear subframe for damage by seeing if the fender and number plate are aligned with the wheel. Look closely at engine cases for damage thats been touched up and aftermarket can, bar ends, pegs and levers are good indicators of damage too, as are custom replacements. And why no shots of right side of bike??

Mate if i respray my 04 ZX6R black will you give me $10,000 for it??

Its only got 3,600 km on it not 21,000 km :D oh and some evidence of enthusiastic use!!! :twisted:

One careful owner, one not so careful owner!!! :oops: :twisted:

Or more approprately one noob owner and one track day looney owner.

but seriously I'm getting my road bike painted and i'm going gloss black...fuk the pearl shyte!
Realise your most cherished desires by defending them from your casual wishes.-George S Clason
varden
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby zbeast » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:57 am

Just a thought but he may have been going for a particular look. It has the polished rims and his helmet is black chrome so maybe he likes the shiny stuff.
19,500 before the cut out. Can you hear me SCREEEEEEEAM!!!!!!!!!
zbeast
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Plaz » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:24 pm

Yeah the 03 was Pearl Black, the only pearl effect I ever noticed was a slight metal like fleck in strong sun light, looking at the pics he has posted looks like original paint to me!!
Plaz
Team Ninja

Bike: Z1000

Postby Neka79 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:03 pm

umm it looks original-ish to me...
and..i put bling bits on my blade (bar ends,indicators,pegs,can,screen, hugger) etc BEFORE i binned it, cos they were cheap and made it original,not to mention the pegs gave u an extra inch cornering clearance.. so maybe he hasnt binned it...

if u want to kno from these items if its been binned, ask to see the originals (if there fine, it wasnt binned), and look at the back of the mirrors (as they are not that cheap, often a dropped bike wont replace mirrors if they not damaged)..as well as looking at the normal stuff (engine cases, fairing alignment etc)
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79
Extreme Post Whore :-)
Extreme Post Whore :-)

Bike: Z900

Postby Paz » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:58 pm

thanks for all the help guys!

hopefully ill see out there on a kwaka :)

Paz
Black '06 ZX10R
9.8 @ 144mph
Paz
Warming up
Warming up

Return to Bodywork & Bling Mods