Yoshi RS3 too loud

Bodywork Modification Discussion.

Yoshi RS3 too loud

Postby Flying-Photo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:13 am

Does anybody know of a way to quieten an RS3 oval muffler (full race WITHOUT the bolt holes in the endcap for a silencer insert ) on my ZX9r F1

Just bought the bike 4 days ago and already had 2 discussions with the local cops over noise and I wasn't even thrashing it just legal town riding , no ticket yet but expecting one

They told me I could be ticketed under the new QLD hoon laws for excessive noise ( 3 strikes and the bike gets impounded or worse )

I would go back to stock but the bike did not come with the stock muffler or link pipe ( anyone got one in good condition in the shed they would sell ? )

living in a small town and riding daily makes you kind of stick out

Cheers
The sweetness of cheap Chinese price will fade quickly to the bitterness of poor quality
Flying-Photo

Bike: ZX9R
State: Queensland

Re: Yoshi RS3 too loud

Postby Gosling1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:08 am

Flying-Photo wrote:.......Does anybody know of a way to quieten an RS3 oval muffler (full race WITHOUT the bolt holes in the endcap for a silencer insert ) on my ZX9r F1.....

mate - the best way is to replace it with a better (quieter) muffler. Unless you can bolt a spud into the rear of the Yoshi - it will always make the noise it does, because it was designed that way.

Someone here is likely to have an OEM muffler and link pipe you can buy - bung up an ad in the Wanted section. There is a shitload of 9 owners on this forum :lol:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby TimMc » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:59 pm

I've got an OEM ZX9R E1 titanium muffler in mint condition I'm not using. No link pipe though...
I also have a ZX9R factory workshop manual, new set of F&R pads, OEM chain guard, fuel tap etc that I don't need anymore.
TimMc

Bike: ZX14R

Postby z900/zx9 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:25 pm

In the past i have drilled a hole and placed an old honda 750 four spark arrester in the end .Yeah there really rare but Goz may have one. ;)
http://tinypic.com/hu369k.jpg[/img]
[b]Z900, z900RS , H2 Ninja 1000 Supercharged. FPV Supercharged Pursuit ute..
z900/zx9
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby MAXUMIS » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:20 pm

This is just a thought but does it have any silencing material left in it ? I had an fzr1000 that lost all its fibreglass filling( due to putting 2inch piping throw it and it all blow out) :oops: . I refitted it with new silencing material and all was good ..PS its just a thought. :kuda:
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX12R
State: New South Wales

Postby Cshat » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:54 pm

It depends on the copper too, I got pined once for a fender eliminator after I attracted attention to my self buy giving my bike a squirt past a cop on a motorbike ( don't ask how I didn't see him) I had a 350mm delkevic carbon pipe no db killer, and all he said was ur bike sounds nice but the fender eliminator is illegal, good luck with the noise control
I love all bikes, but the naked ones get me going
Cshat
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Z750

Postby billwest » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:57 pm

Open the can up, and check the packing. Wrap a good amount of stainless steel wool around the internals, and then a layer of fibreglass, not too tight.

Bill.
Don't ride as if you own the road.......
Ride as if you own the bike!

ZZR1200 ('02), FJR1300 ('19).
billwest
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR1200
State: Western Australia

Postby timeeh » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Would it not be straight foward to drill a hole through the bottom of the cap to then fit a silencer?
http://www.morepoweracing.com/Yoshimura ... /c-1-8453/
Just a thought.
timeeh
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX9R
State: ACT

Return to Bodywork & Bling Mods