windscreens

Bodywork Modification Discussion.

windscreens

Postby WRT_GPX » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:23 pm

ok, ive been looking for new windscreens for the GPX because 90 percent of the places ive checked with say that they wont pass it without a complete unbroken windscreen (0.o?). Does anyone know decent windscreen manufacturers in NSW and what their prices range at? i believe i saw one on a GPX at uni from "slipscreens australia"...
maybe i should just go to a wreckers... but i dont know the quality i will get from a junker, and it probably would still be high priced.
WRT_GPX
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby hoffy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:34 pm

eagle screens are the go, send em an enquiry, they can send you photos of what theyll look like.

http://www.eaglescreens.com.au/
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Postby mick_dundee » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:51 pm

Bloke called screens for bikes in Reservoir, Vic that does a good job at a good price too.
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki
State: Victoria

Postby Frank » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:37 pm

Slipscreens are made by Hand Craft Fibreglass they are in Seven Hills NSW. They make good screens, I've got one on my ZX7R and cant fault it. Thay are the manufacturers so there is no middle man.

Cheers
GO THE BLUES
Life time member of PETA:-
PEOPLE for the EATING of TASTY ANIMALS
Member of SRT
1998 Kawasaki ZX9R Track Bike
2014 Nissan Navara
Frank
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX9R

Postby photomike666 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:43 pm

hoffy wrote:eagle screens are the go, send em an enquiry, they can send you photos of what theyll look like.

http://www.eaglescreens.com.au/

I'll second that - My double bubble from there is ace, as is Tapes. They offer a great service, are friendly and helpful and generally cheaper then the likes of Powerbronze. Also, the ZX10R that Race Rep has as their demo has an Eagle Screen too (coz they ordered it when they got mine 8) )
EDIT Spollings
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (68.36 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07 ZX10R since new, tracky TBA, KX450F, 87 CR250 restoration, GT MTB - I've got serious thrill issues, dude
photomike666
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Postby frozzie » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:29 pm

photomike666 wrote:I'll second that - My double bubble from there is ace, as is Tapes. They offer a great service, are friendly and helpful and generally cheaper then the likes of Powerbronze. Also, the ZX10R that Race Rep has as their demo has an Eagle Screen too (coz they ordered it when they got mine 8) )
EDIT Spollings

Eagle screens are cheap because of the material used, acrylic! It is true that they offer good service, I send people over to them when I can't provide the screens for certain models, so a good point to them there.

However, Ermax do top notch double bubbles (they are the original, been making them since 1977) and you can't fault them, they'll fit perfect!

They wont do iridium because they can't garantee that the finish will last, but they are cheaper than PB and made from Pespex and Altumax (prevents the Perspex from crackling). The double bubble features front air intakes that will reduce the buffeting and make sure the air is pushed over the rider, amongst other bonuses!

Sure they are more expensive than the home made brands, but for the quality you'll be getting, it'll be worth every penny (or cent!). Plus you get excellent service, friendly advice from Frozzie (hey, that's me!), and if you're a KSRC member, you get a discount!

Don't settle for second best, go for the best, choose Ermax!

The Ermax double bubble is priced at $230 + postage for KSRC member (normal RRP: $255 + postage), available in 16 colours.
Be part of the Revolution with Frozzie Connections.
frozzie
Warming up
Warming up

Postby BladeBoy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:42 am

I purchased a MRA Double Bubble = $179, fit is perfect, BikeBiz Parramatta.

Still after a hugger though.
BladeBoy
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby mike-s » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:52 am

just has a look at the partslisting, how effective is the "windlip" vs the doublebubble? i'm only curious as i can imagine the windlip having some possible problems in the long term durability wise.
If it hurts, you aren't doing it right.
mike-s

Bike: Suzuki

Postby frozzie » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:31 pm

BladeBoy wrote:I purchased a MRA Double Bubble = $179, fit is perfect, BikeBiz Parramatta.

Still after a hugger though.

Was on the phone with MRA importer to check on things, not much help from them. He reckons the material used is Acrylic, he's not sure of the thickness and they only come in the Grey tint. I must say, price for a double bubble from them is around the $180. Makes sense to me regarding the quality, Ermax are well priced for the quality offered.

What bike do you want the hugger for?
frozzie
Warming up
Warming up

Postby frozzie » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:40 pm

mike-s wrote:just has a look at the partslisting, how effective is the "windlip" vs the doublebubble? i'm only curious as i can imagine the windlip having some possible problems in the long term durability wise.

I can only speak for Ermax.

The double bubble is designed for performace improvements and the high protection (or wind lip) is designed for greater comfort when touring (you don't have to tuck in behind the screen to get optimum protection)

The Ermax double bubble offer you an increase in top speed and reduced engine strain as it has been designed in wind tunnel and therefore more streamlined than a high protection one. They look sportier than the high protection ones.

For the high protection (wind lip as you say)one, you will get more protection from the elements as it will be slightly higher than the standard issue (varies from model to model, from +3 to +8 cms). The Ermax ones are designed so that you don't get any bad bufetting, hence the various sizes depending on models. If the screen is poorly designed or too high, it could have a bad effect on handling.
frozzie
Warming up
Warming up

Skidmarx in UK do Double Bubbles too.

Postby Che » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:29 pm

Skidmarx Double Bubble from Austreetfighter are cool too.
Attachments
Skidmarx Screen.jpg
Skidmarx Screen.jpg (92.91 KiB) Viewed 4356 times
Race Hard Or Go Home
Che
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Return to Bodywork & Bling Mods