Roger Hayden to ride Kawasaki in WSB

Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing

Roger Hayden to ride Kawasaki in WSB

Postby Steph » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:48 pm

I just found out that Roger Lee Hayden has signed with Team Pedercini to contest the 2010 WSBK Championship on a Kawasaki. It's a less than desirable satellite team but Roger is able to do great things if given a chance. He's my favorite in the Hayden stable.
Steph
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Re: Roger Hayden to ride Kawasaki in WSB

Postby slojo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:06 am

definitely an interesting development, RLH is better known as being a top 600 supersport rider in the US, will be interesting to see how he fairs on a superbike.

also, fabien foret and lorenzini are switching to kawasaki in world supersport too, with yamaha pulling out factory support in wss this might be a popular move for a lot more privateer teams...
slojo
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby MadKaw » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Thats good news, thanks Steph...

Found this.

Roger Hayden is WSBK-bound in 2010 with Pedercini Racing.

American Roger Lee Hayden will join the Pedercini Racing team to contest the 2010 Superbike World Championship this season, joining former MotoGP World Champion brother Nicky on the world stage after a solid career in the AMA.

The 26-year-old from Owensboro, Kentucky, has spent much of his career on Kawasaki machinery and in 2009 he participated in the Daytona Sportbike Championship on the Monster Energy Attack Kawasaki team on a factory-supported ZX-6R.

Hayden won the AMA Supersport championship in 2007, winning 13 races in his Supersport career before contesting the AMA Superbike Championship with the factory Kawasaki team.

“I am really happy to be participating in the World Superbike Championship next year with the Pedercini team,” Hayden said. “It has always been my goal to race in a world championship series and now I have the opportunity. It’s a big difference from what I did last year, but I’m ready and looking forward to taking that next step.

“I have experience on the Kawasaki Superbike, so that does not make everything completely new. It will be fun learning and racing at the new circuits and of course we have a home round in Salt Lake at Miller Motorsports Park. My first test will be at Portimao towards end of January and I can’t wait to get back on a bike again!”

Team boss Lucio Pedercini was also pleased with the signing of the youngest Hayden brother, the former racer still looking to add a second rider to his team for this year.

“We’re very happy with our signing of Roger. He is a young rider and we hope to realize his full potential and guide him through his debut in Superbike World Championship as we strongly believe that Hayden will put us in a good position to compete in the next Superbike World Championship,” Pedercini said. “He has been competitive on Kawasaki machinery in the USA, he knows the Kawasaki ZX-10R and we want to continue developing his career within Kawasaki. We understand that Roger may need some time to adapt himself to our team, the new circuits and to such a difficult and competitive championship as the world Superbike, but we are sure about his talent, motivation and determination.”
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby Phil » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:05 am

Lets hope he has better luck than the previous encumbents.

I have to admit I am a big fan of RLH - some say the most talented of all the Hayden boys - I really hope he goes well.
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Return to Kawasaki Racing, Development & Testing