So what's everyone up to during isolation.??

General Discussion

So what's everyone up to during isolation.??

Postby MadKaw » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:46 am

Me
Take the bike around the block every other weekend. Did an oil change, coolant change and will do brake fluid this weekend..
Still working, although reduced.. Income is 1/2 ed but happy to still have some ...
Bought my son a $1500 Kia cerato for his first car, so spending a bit of time working on that - gets a random check engine light.

Other than that, home brewing, drinking and gardening...

Kids are driving us crazy.... hope this ends soon and everyone is OK.
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: So what's everyone up to during isolation.??

Postby billwest » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:23 pm

Part time work for the wife's office, a conveyancing business. We still operate (people are still selling and buying property), but it is getting a bit quieter.
We're not as restricted here in the West, so have managed a couple of rides.
Also, painting eaves and gates, drinking beer, watching TV.
Kids? We were empty-nesters, but now one of ours has moved back home!
Don't ride as if you own the road.......
Ride as if you own the bike!

ZZR1200 ('02), FJR1300 ('19).
billwest
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR1200
State: Western Australia

Postby Kwakked Up » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:12 pm

I am pretty lucky here, working from home and getting plenty done.
Last road ride was a quick run up through Crookwell, Trunkey, Oberon and Taralga on 22 March, last track day was Wakefield 27 March, I am starting to think about a sneaky run down the shops for essential items via the coast :lol:
I suppose at least I am getting some painting and gardening done before winter but this being locked down has got flies on it
06 zx10r - road
99 zx7r - trackie
77 z1000 - project
Kwakked Up
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Glen » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Have been fine tuning mods on the bikes, changing bits I’ve been meaning to do for a while ie replacing the crappy blinkers on the ZRX, putting the stock mirrors back on. Have been riding one to work each week.

Then it’s maintaining stuff around the house, exercising a fair bit. The bit I’ve really been getting into is reading a few new books and rediscovering late 80’s and early 90’s Seattle bands. Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, Alice in Chains, Temple of the Dog,
Pearl Jam, To a lesser extent Nirvana and then going back to their punk influences. Some great music and really interesting how close they all were.

Missing the Kids and the grandkids but we’re FaceTiming a fair bit........

And discovering new beers. My latest fav is Byron Bay Breweries Premium Lager.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby MadKaw » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:17 pm

Glen wrote:Then it’s maintaining stuff around the house, exercising a fair bit. The bit I’ve really been getting into is reading a few new books and rediscovering late 80’s and early 90’s Seattle bands. Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, Alice in Chains, Temple of the Dog,
Pearl Jam, To a lesser extent Nirvana and then going back to their punk influences. Some great music and really interesting how close they all were.

Have you watched the Punk doco,? First one was on SBS Monday. Probly not up your alley but quite interesting.
I found the rest of em online so watched them all.
The last episode has a bit on the Seattle sound.
Interesting to see how the scene evolved and see all these old Punks now - Jonny Rotten has put on some kilo's....
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Smitty » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:06 am

simply...all as usual! Pretty much :)

5 days a week I have work (the mob who employ me make water supply, fire fighting and HWS plumbing.. busy as!)
Other 2 days a week ? I mow lawns, buy the bread and paper and fettle all the machinery..
race car has had a spanner check about 3 times, the mower, whipper snipper and blower vac
.. all have had new plugs, new air filters, blades and line and oil changes (mower)
The bike is next .. new oils and fluids for starters

and on my annual leave last week (booked last October) I did a number of house repairs
... main one being lifting all the terracotta tiles at the front , re-laying them and then
bedding/pointing the tiles on the 2hips and ridges. Plus I fixed up a leaking valley
:kuda:

My missus says .. slow down
yoda says 'vocabulary not include slow' :twisted:
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R
State: Victoria

Postby z900/zx9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:50 pm

Bicycle shop is mental everybody wants either there bike fixed or a new one,what I am not doing is sitting on my ass I am lucky to get my morning coffee but lunch time and my lunch by dinner.This will eventually stop when the rain hits with the cold but since this shit started and dickhead Daniel Andrews has stopped people from doing even safe things people are bored shitless and the is only so many times u can walk the dog or go for a walk .No Fishing, Golf, Hunting, motorcycle rides some coppers here have fined people resting on a bench after doing exercise.
http://tinypic.com/hu369k.jpg[/img]
[b]Z900, z900RS , H2 Ninja 1000 Supercharged. FPV Supercharged Pursuit ute..
z900/zx9
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby tim » Wed May 06, 2020 11:38 am

Work died for a couple of weeks but has picked back up now. Intense but good to have the kids around at home.

I've started getting the ZX6R back on the road. After i binned it around 8 years ago it got half fixed, then sat since then.

First was the tank which was full of rust from a million heat cycles and condensation. Replaced the pump motor, filter and seals with a Kelso kit ($550 for a new one from Kawasaki :shock: ) . Tank has had a few batches of vinegar, salt, nuts and bolts shaken through it over 2 weeks and it's pretty much spotless inside now.

Repaired and undercoated some fairings crack/damages, and a ding in the tank, gave the bike a big clean, replaced front brake reservoir, rearsets installed, bled front and rear brakes, polished rust pitting off the front forks, seals may need replacing but will leave for now, new battery.

Cleaned injectors and fuel lines, new oil and filter, once get the tank 100% it's ready for it's first start :D

I blame this new found enthusiasm on getting addicted to Mighty Car Mods recently :D
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby MadKaw » Fri May 08, 2020 11:58 am

Sounds like you've been busy...
Nice one.. :-)

We better organize a ride soon....

tim wrote:Work died for a couple of weeks but has picked back up now. Intense but good to have the kids around at home.

I've started getting the ZX6R back on the road. After i binned it around 8 years ago it got half fixed, then sat since then.

First was the tank which was full of rust from a million heat cycles and condensation. Replaced the pump motor, filter and seals with a Kelso kit ($550 for a new one from Kawasaki :shock: ) . Tank has had a few batches of vinegar, salt, nuts and bolts shaken through it over 2 weeks and it's pretty much spotless inside now.

Repaired and undercoated some fairings crack/damages, and a ding in the tank, gave the bike a big clean, replaced front brake reservoir, rearsets installed, bled front and rear brakes, polished rust pitting off the front forks, seals may need replacing but will leave for now, new battery.

Cleaned injectors and fuel lines, new oil and filter, once get the tank 100% it's ready for it's first start :D

I blame this new found enthusiasm on getting addicted to Mighty Car Mods recently :D
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mitch » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:34 am

i sat gazing at my ZX9 track bike for 3 months. Finally yesterday I was able to get out to Morgan Park Raceway (near Warwick) for a day of fun in the sun. It was epic. I have missed it so much during ISO.

Next track day is a double header of the 9th and 10th of July. Already got the time off work :kuda:
ZX9R F2 track bike aka Big Blue
www.bigmitchracing.com
Mitch
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX9R
State: Queensland

Postby MadFab » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:46 pm

did a track day and generally riding the wheels of it.
Attachments
B7FA267E-925C-44EE-AF00-7FAC05046DD0.jpeg
B7FA267E-925C-44EE-AF00-7FAC05046DD0.jpeg (72.19 KiB) Viewed 7972 times
MadFab - New and improved.
MadFab
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Overseas

Postby Frank » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:44 pm

Working
GO THE BLUES
Life time member of PETA:-
PEOPLE for the EATING of TASTY ANIMALS
Member of SRT
1998 Kawasaki ZX9R Track Bike
2014 Nissan Navara
Frank
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX9R

Postby KiwiMat » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:26 pm

Working full time, got some crazy idea to get another bike and do occasional track days on it. Got to get cash together first....
Picked up a '95 BMW 650 funduro for $250 a month back, owner said it wouldnt start, after i drained all the water out of the tank and carbs a few times it runs, nearly got all the gear to finish that bike, put tyres n rego on it and sell it.
Need to do final drive fluid, and lube drive shaft splines on K1300S (gota hang the bike up for that, 2 ladders and a piece of timber across, you get the picture), replace rear disc and pads, got all the parts and stuff for that, clean and replace DNA air filters. That will be late at night job, maybe a few longnecks to keep me company.
Been riding at night every 2nd Thursday, up the old pac, going again this week.
ZX12R - 2005
GSXR750 - 2022
FZR250 - 1990
ZXR250A... project
KiwiMat
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Gosling1 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:51 pm

funny thing happens when you retire.........its like self-isolating without a pandemic ;)

so when the plague hit - almost nothing changed here. In the shed every day, playing on 1 bike or another.....or several all at once ;)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Smitty » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:01 am

Gosling1 wrote:funny thing happens when you retire.........its like self-isolating without a pandemic ;)

retirement is when....
you have to start telling the missus that bike part is only $20 :twisted:
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

State: Victoria

Next

Return to General Discussion