BEWARE THE LUNATICS ARE IN CHARGE!

General Discussion

BEWARE THE LUNATICS ARE IN CHARGE!

Postby Phantom » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:07 am

BEWARE LUNATICS IN CHARGE of road signage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For years the users of the Gisbon/Melton service road that crosses the East end of Carberry Drive have faced a give way sign; and due to the lack of traffic on the service rd, rightly so.

Over the last week or so there has been a gradual and insidious change.
First the broard white line marking that indicates "Give Way" on the service road was painted out, lulling users of the service rd into going through that intersection without care. Then days later the give way signs were removed from that site.... Everyone thought they had right of way for some time no matter what direction they were travelling. Yep..... Faaaark.
Russian Roulette sponsored by the taxpayer.

Days later again, give way signs were erected at the service Rd facing Carrberry Drive. Then later again The line marking was added.

That is bad enough in its own right, but consider the people who have been driving through that intersection for decades; happily cruising through the intersection thinking they had right of way, for the days before the signs were installed.

For those turning off the Gisbon/Melton Rd there is no warning even now that you must give way to the traffic on the Service Rd.

WHO IS/ARE THE MORONIC LUNATIC/S IN CHARGE OF... IT.....words fail me!

Look out for this Hazardous Road Condition.

Phantom.
Gen 1 ZX10 puts the saki in Kawasaki
Phantom
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Re: BEWARE THE LUNATICS ARE IN CHARGE!

Postby laidback » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:28 am

Hmmmm...seems like a likely spot for an enterprising cop to sit and gather some revenue.... :shock:

There sure are some geniuses (or should that be Geenies/geeniiuseseses). It should be mandatory for changes like this to be promoted through LARGE "changed conditions ahead - take care". I know we are all responsible for being alert but like you say these conditions have been in place for years. :x
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby seiko1 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:48 am

Have you heard that Councils want to use speed camera's of their own :shock:
The guy trying to introduce it blatantly say's...."we're missing out on a great source of REVENUE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX14R

Postby Supafrog » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:10 pm

seiko1 wrote:Have you heard that Councils want to use speed camera's of their own :shock:
The guy trying to introduce it blatantly say's...."we're missing out on a great source of REVENUE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

Yes.. but at least their honest! .. and i think to an extent really want to ensure people slow down in the community areas.. like schools etc... so might actually be used for good not evil..
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R
State: Western Australia

Postby seiko1 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:25 pm

Supafrog wrote:
seiko1 wrote:Have you heard that Councils want to use speed camera's of their own :shock:

Yes.. but at least their honest! .. and i think to an extent really want to ensure people slow down in the community areas.. like schools etc... so might actually be used for good not evil..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not very old are you?
Councils are the VERY VERY WORST...little tin pot fucken hitlers who should be shot with a ball of their own shit ;)
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1

Bike: ZX14R

Postby Phantom » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:32 pm

I don't know what The Council is like that "does" Geelong Superfrog, but the Stonington council REALY puts added meaning into the word "does" the Prahran erea. Stonington council should be stoned, and not just because it would be poetic either. And I mean with fvcking rocks, not herbs.

Having said that, every time I have dealt with the Melton Council they have been great.

The insane signage and rule change I have cited is in the Melton electorate, but I dont know if this debarcle was generated by them or VicRoads.

When anyone turns off the Gisbon/Melton Rd into Carberry Drive they get about 2 car lengths warning, if that, to actualy see the give way sign. You really have to see it, to see just how moronicly stupid the set up is. It's like, turn off the main rd and.. OHFARKAGIVEWAYSIGN!!!!!! Even people who like surprises, aren't going to like this one... :shock: especialy if there is a Ford Louisville using the service road.
Phantom
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Phantom » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:55 pm

laidback1952 wrote:Hmmmm...seems like a likely spot for an enterprising cop to sit and gather some revenue.... :shock: :x

Yep.... and and enterprising panel beater, tow truck driver and jaws of life operator. Crikey! it may not be a bad idea at all. This concept could be an economic stimulus better than setting fire to houses with shonky insulation.
Phantom
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Phantom » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:41 am

Just for the record: "They" fixed the road markings and the sign positions sometime 2011.
It's back the same as it was for years prior... at least to 07 when i moved into Carberry dve.
Phantom
Warming up
Warming up

Postby smithy5 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:08 am

Love a good grave dig..............

Here is one in a new housing estate in North Western Sydney :shock: :roll:
I can see the Council Rangers staking this one out :lol: :lol:
IMG_1187 - Copy.JPG