Rant away.....

Non Bike related Discussion - no politics or religion pls.

Re: Rant away.....

Postby smithy5 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:13 am

Your not an anti Liberal propaganda munger are you Dave the great ????
You omitted an important piece of information. The $3 fee kicks in only after 10 days, which increases to $9 for up to 30 days of parcel storage.

Retail space in any business is costly and for people to leave their parcels for longer than 10 days, they deserve to assist with the cost of that storage. You could always use private couriers, but I reckon that would cost a lot more than $3. You will have something to rant about if Aust Post shuts its doors and everything is privatised...

Australia post is still the quickest and cheapest delivery service, and they are trying to regain some of the lost $$$ millions. And if your part of the 92% of people that this $3 charge wont affect, then you have nothing to fear....

Quote from ABC...
Parcels are currently only held for 10 days before they are returned, but customers will now be given 30 days to collect their parcels.

MyPost customers would not be charged a fee for the first 10 days and can also elect to have their parcel safe-dropped at their home, or sent to an alternative location, such as a parcel locker or their closest Post Office.

Customers would be charged up to $9 for each item uncollected for up to 30 days.

Only 8 per cent of parcels remained uncollected after five days, Australia Post said.
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter
State: New South Wales

Postby Davethegreat » Tue May 03, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks smithy, you're right mate.

I didn't research the details at all, simply went on the clip on one of the commercial TV channels which simply stated that Aust Post customers soon will be charged when they pick up their goods which was sent to them. The fine print does make a difference. :kuda:

Suppose it makes me question anything the they (Aust Post) do, as they do enjoy a monopoly and what do they do with that advantage?

Loose millions, go broke, increase the cost of posting/freight and get the items to the receiver slower than before. If you're a small business owner dealing with them on a daily basis, it's frustrating to witness the senselessness which goes on as they implement new ways of conducting business. Often one step forward, two steps back.

In short, if any one of us was given the opportunity to run a business which assures us of a customer base consisting of 24.3 million people, and all we could do is loose millions, now that wouldn't be very clever would it?
Davethegreat
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Postby smithy5 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:44 am

Maybe Aussie Post should start at the top for their cost cutting/recovery
I saw this on Faceless Book Yesterday (apparently) posted by Pauline Hanson........

Australia Post is totally government owned and has been for 200 years. Since 2009 the CEO and Managing Director of Australia Post is Ahmed Fahour, who was born in Lebanon and came to Australia in 1970.

Don’t fall off the chair, but his salary package, including bonuses was estimated to be worth $4.8 million last year.

Of this, he donated about $2 million dollars to the Islamic Museum of Australia located in Melbourne.

I am disgusted with Ahmed Fahour's salary, and no government can justify this outlandish and over the top pay packet, especially when we’re being told “the end of the age of entitlement is over.”

Stamps recently increased from 70 cents to $1. Over 900 jobs have been lost. And to top it off, Australia Post just announced, people who don’t pick up their parcels within a certain time frame will be charged a $9 fee. It’s a joke!

If our budget is to return to surplus, we must rein in overpaid, public servant wages. It does not make sense when these people earn between $665,600 and $844,800. That’s hundreds of thousands of dollars above the Prime Ministers wage.

Let's look further; the head of the US postal service with 19 times more staff and 11 times more revenue than Australia Post receives $550,000.

In France the head of their post office was paid $1.1 million with 268,000 employees.

With an election due, this is now the time to make your voice loud and clear to the Finance Minister Mathias Cormann that you are outraged at the salary paid to Ahmed Fahour.

Contact him toll free on 1300 301 728 or WA 08 9325 4227.

Nothing will change unless we the people take a stance. Remember they work for us we pay them.
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

Postby Davethegreat » Wed May 04, 2016 8:07 am

AGREED 100%

It's definitely a candidate for "change.org" , start the petition Smithy and you've got my signature :kuda:
Davethegreat
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby ZXR750 » Sat May 07, 2016 8:01 pm

Everyone is quick to put the boot into Aust Post. Yes the salery Ahmed Fahour gets is close to criminal. Still it should not matter where he came from. Try looking at Aust Post from their point of view. As you stated they have a large customer base to draw from but u fortunately they have very little product left to sell. They have had to reinvent themselves in the last ten years or so. Their main income was from people sending letters. When is the last time anyone sent a letter (thanks email). People used to pay their bills at the post office. It is all done online now. With the exception of sending Christmas cards they would have virtually no income at all. Charging a fee for late pick up is not unreasonable. Ahmed Fahour has radically changed Aust Post and if it means they now sell all kinds of shit to attract people then that's fine. They are competing against very large courier services and they even contract out to one of them. Thanks to technology this is one industry that is going down fast. I agree the pay packet of Mr Fahour does not help but I believe they are doing a good job under very difficult circumstances.
Remember, half the people you know are below average.
Bike 93 ZXR750
05 ZRX1200
05 DRZ400
ZXR750
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZXR750

Postby Davethegreat » Tue May 10, 2016 6:20 pm

I know there is no room to talk about issues surrounding religion, however this is more pointed to the idiocy than the religion itself.

A certain NRL bulldog player wants Sundays off

1) When he signed the rather lucrative contract didn't he know that some games are scheduled to be played on Sundays including the Grand Final?

2 His father, Mr Fingerupthebum also played first grade, so no way the Sunday games could come as a surprise to him.

3) The club should sue his arse...in my opinion :kuda:
Davethegreat
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Glen » Wed May 11, 2016 1:17 pm

But think about how fit he'll get riding his pushbike around all day Sunday............
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby Davethegreat » Wed May 11, 2016 6:34 pm

Glen wrote:But think about how fit he'll get riding his pushbike around all day Sunday............

:kuda:
Davethegreat
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Davethegreat » Thu May 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Davethegreat wrote:I know there is no room to talk about issues surrounding religion, however this is more pointed to the idiocy than the religion itself.

A certain NRL bulldog player wants Sundays off

1) When he signed the rather lucrative contract didn't he know that some games are scheduled to be played on Sundays including the Grand Final?

2 His father, Mr Fingerupthebum also played first grade, so no way the Sunday games could come as a surprise to him.

3) The club should sue his arse...in my opinion :kuda:

Father like son, Mr Fingerupthebum is in the news again ......................ohh the fame :roll:
Davethegreat
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Davethegreat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:46 pm

I could almost swear I've seen this topic before, but now it's CLEARLY an epidemic, TEXT-ing courses more accidents than any other single reason.

Eating, drinking, smoking, receiving (or giving) a blowjob etc... all come a distant second to TEXT-ing.

So, much so, that even the police raiding drivers by lane filtering on trail bikes here on the central coast, pulling them over and handing out early Xmas pressies.

The war on mobile phone use is almost non relevant weather it's hand held or not, comparing to typing your thoughts and trying to multitask.

What da ya think?

:kuda: :kuda: :kuda: 8)
Davethegreat
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby photomike666 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Grrrrr argggg

At 9yrs and 45,000km I start getting unusual engine noise every time I start the bike. Know it's not good so book her in for a service.

As I load her up the whine is present, but low & behold at the mechanics it ticks over perfectly.

Got a call from them today, can chain tensioner is gone, zero tension. All 16 shins need adjusting (last service 2,500km ago all in tolerance), brake pads are down & head stem bearing needs changing. I knew about the bearing & the pads were factory fitted!!!

Still, there goes a shed load of had earned coin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07 ZX10R since new, tracky TBA, KX450F, 87 CR250 restoration, GT MTB - I've got serious thrill issues, dude
photomike666
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Postby Davethegreat » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:37 pm

Election day......good luck to all of us 8)

For the life of me I do not understand the concept of campaigning and campaigning to the last minute.

Standing there, saying hello. I'm so and so....etc

I personally find this ACT a patronizing piece of shit after all if you didn't impress or convince me before the election, what are you hoping to achieve on your way to the polling booth?

It's like trying to train a boxer between round 4 & 5 in a pro fight, is he all of a sudden going to find a way to change his long standing habits???

:kuda: :kuda: :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:
Davethegreat
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Davethegreat » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:07 am

Just watching MotoGP warm up and noticed that the guy who was waiving the checkered flag at the end of the warm up session was wearing a motorbike (racing) glove :shock:

WHY?

:kuda: :kuda: :kuda:
Davethegreat
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby SteveW » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:05 pm

He has been wearing the gloves for years, as far as I can remember!
ZX-12R B6F
SteveW
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX12R
State: Western Australia

Postby Davethegreat » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:08 pm

SteveW wrote:He has been wearing the gloves for years, as far as I can remember!

I know a lot of people doing various things for years, that doesn't make it right OR explain why? Can anyone tell us WHY? surely he wasn't born with it ;)
Davethegreat
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion