STOLEN ZX10R 2010, Special Edition

Post details of stolen bikes and other items here.

STOLEN ZX10R 2010, Special Edition

Postby jka101 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:16 am

On the night of the 17th Sept 2013, the two offenders came to my place both riding on the same black Yamaha R1 then stole my bike after showing one of them as a potential ‘buyer’ (said he’s been riding motocross for 6 years and now wants to get into road riding with his mate). Was going to follow them in my car on the test ride but they took off before I had a chance to catch up to them. Forgot to get details/security as they were super cunning and seemed trustworthy (hard lesson learnt), Bike is not insured (as I was no longer riding it). Stand out features include the LSL one piece handle bar raiser (like a motocross bike, without bar ends) and fender eliminator (indicators flash quickly). They could easily replace the rest… IXIL dual hyperflow exhaust (with a few dents under the tip), decals (Pirelli, IXIL, motul, spiegler, yoshimura, LSR), black painted windshield with a monkey decal on the windshield and new Angel GT tyres. The rego is 399GC and I’ve attached a pic. Please message me if you see/hear anything and I will provide further contact details. Stolen vehicle police report has been submitted.

Description: the two offenders were both 165-170cm tall, medium build. Black R1 rider was of an islander background and wore a black leather motorcycle jacket, black helmet (no other details as he was wearing his helmet and never got off his bike). The other offender (riding my bike) had an aussie background, short brown hair, small ponytail with a blue hair tie, went by the name of BEN He wore a black and green leather motorcycle jacket and a black helmet with blue flame decals.

Please share this and spread the word! Bike may still be in QLD, used at the tracks, could be shipped interstate or parts could be selling...

jka101

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Re: STOLEN ZX10R 2010, Special Edition

Postby Glen » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:28 pm

That sucks mate and I hope you get it back.

With the wisdom of hindsight there are a heap of things you could have done to protect yourself. Just a couple for future reference.

Make sure you get a landline number to call the potential buyer back before handing over details.

The other guy sitting on his bike with helmet on should have rung alarm bells. Don't hand over the keys until he is off the bike unhelmeted and both have stumped up ID, left their bike behind (still no guarantee as a thief probably won't turn up on his bike)

Have a mate show up and if a test ride is involved have them follow.

Tell them you need the OK of your insurance company (even if you don't have one) to allow a test ride and tell them the insurance co will want details off them over the phone while they are there. By the way if you are insured you should do this anyway. if you just let someone take your bike for a test ride you may struggle to get an insurance recovery.

Just a couple of ideas, anyway I hope your bike turns up........and I hope the scumbag thief contracts some evil STD that makes his knob drop off........
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby MAXUMIS » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Very sad to see such unhuman acts like f*cking thieves , there the low lives of the world !!

How did they find your bike up for sale ? bike sales , ebay , or any others? If they sent you an email before hand the cops may be able to find these scum.
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX12R

Postby dutchy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Advice to anyone selling. It might be a bit of a read, bit if holding onto your bike is important to you, it might just pay off.

Always get as much info on buyers as possible. If they call, tell them your busy and you'll call them back so you can get their mobile or landline. Get an email if possible. Get their licence and copy the details. Don't just look at it and go "ok, that's you" because you'll never remember it. Actually write all the drivers licence details down. The name, date of birth, address, licence number, everything. Keep hold of it until they return. Don't handle it too much, even if it's fake it might have good fingerprints on it. Maybe get a hold of their bank card until they return. It might not be theirs either, but it might have their fingerprints too.

Keep a small photo of your bike in your wallet and hand it over to show them. "Here's what out looked like when I first bought it, stock as a rock". Give it to them to have a look at, but get it back. Photo paper is excellent at retaining finger prints. Take notice if they touch any other shiny surface like your car, mail box, tin fence, whatever. Don't touch or handle it to much yourself and it might be the best identification evidence the police will get. Don't get too excited though, nothing works like on csi. Don't think police can attend a scene, find a hair and see a scrape on the road, and figure out the bad guy's car, identity, mother-in-law's name, and whether or not they're circumcised.

If they come in any other car or motorbike get the rego/s, and check the plates match the label in the window (if your state still has them), because sometimes the plates will be stolen, or don't belong to the car.

If they come on a bike or in a car, swap. Tell them they can ride yours, but you'll be riding along on theirs. Fair is fair right?

Note the description of the car. Brand, model, colour, body and any distinguishing features like random stickers, the type/design of the wheels or apparent damage.

Description of the person. Skin colour, Hair color/length, build, height, eye colour, hat?, What colour/type of top, what colour/type of pants, what colour / type of footwear, piercings, tattoos, moles, scars.

Take a few sneaky photos or video with these things on your phone, or don't be sneaky at all. If they're genuine buyers, and you explain that your just protecting yourself they should have no need to complain. If they do, that could be first sign something dodgy is going on.

Intentionally leave the bike low on fuel. If you know they had to fill up somewhere close then the local petrol station might have cctv of them, or if they pay by eftpos, bank details. If you know your bike was nearly empty, be sure to tell the police so they can look that stuff up.

Leave a King Brown under the seat, you might not get the bike back, but you'll get the bastard who went to strip it down.

If something goes horribly wrong call 000. Don't call the station thinking "if I call them direct they'll get here quicker", if you think that, your wrong, (in Victoria at least). If you call the station you'll give them all the details, you'll hang up, and the member at the station will call the operators at 000 themselves, when they're done 000 will pass the details to the local patrols. You've now already doubled the time it took for them to get the information out, and now it's gone through several channels the information may be................. misinterpreted.

Once you've got off the phone, go inside and start writing everything you can think of down, and be sure to hold on to the notes. Give a copy to police. If someone ends up getting caught, and you have to give evidence in the witness box you can be confident in the details you give them, because you made good notes at the time. Your memory might fade over time, but what you write down will last forever...ish.

It's unrealistic to think you'll be able to do all these things, but if you manage a couple it might just be what's needed.

I'm sure there's more you can do. Nothing comes to mind right now. Maybe I could have posted this in a new thread? Then others could have added.
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Postby tim » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:58 pm

What a bugger, hope you get it back mate!!!!

:x
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby steve086 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:11 am

poor bastard I've had a similar thing happen but we caught the dead shits cause the bike was a smokey 2 stroke and we followed the smoke, hope you get your toy back :cry:
steve086
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda

Postby Mickwitchy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Or buy a small and relatively cheap GPS tracker. If they are legit, you get your GPS back when they return.

If they aren't legit, it will have enough battery to help the cops find out exactly where the bike is.

That's all you really need.
Mickwitchy
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX10R
State: ACT

Return to Stolen Bikes and Stuff