WheelieZone!

Discuss riding techniques, styles and tips here.

WheelieZone!

Postby JPaddo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:26 am

Has launched... http://www.wheeliezone.com.au/

Fully sick gixxer mate. Already booked in.
JPaddo
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R
State: New South Wales

Re: WheelieZone!

Postby Kermit » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Did you end having a go?

Looks like fun, would be good to have a go before the gixxer throws a rod.... :lol:
Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R

Postby JPaddo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:37 pm

Nah someone booked a work meeting exact same timeslot so I cancelled. Still planning on heading on over though as soon as I get a spare couple of hours to make the trip.

Not sure how long it'll last their online booking system isn't exactly booked out for weeks in advance so I'd recommend you go sooner rather than later.
JPaddo
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R

Postby Disco » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:51 pm

I had a go last friday by the end of the half hour I was able to hold wheelie's in 3rd gear :kuda:

----VIDEO----<---Clicky :kuda:
Stopping=Crashing!
Disco
Team Monster

State: Please Select a State

Postby redmistracer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:19 pm

Did session this afternoon. Very happy had a great time learning without the fear of fliping my bike.
Am going back soon.
redmistracer
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZXR400

Postby Disco » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:28 pm

redmistracer wrote:Did session this afternoon. Very happy had a great time learning without the fear of fliping my bike.
Am going back soon.

Did you go on the GSXR?....I'm going to have a go on it next time...How did you go BTW?....I took the husky out last weekend after I did a session and was still a bit hesitant to get it up to balance point :oops: ....I will go at least 1 more time 8)
Stopping=Crashing!
Disco
Team Monster

State: Please Select a State

Postby robracer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:14 pm

redmistracer wrote:Did session this afternoon. Very happy had a great time learning without the fear of fliping my bike.
Am going back soon.

:lol: I managed to flip their Husky, getting too keen on the throttle, thank god it wasn't my bike.... its a funny feeling dropping off the back & standing up :P the hydraulic Ram stops @ about vertical, by then its too hard to hold on,
Unlike Disco I could only manage 2nd gear keping it up there.

Its great to do at least once just to feel the balance point, would not have ever gone there on my bikes & would need to go back a few times to master it but I am not that keen now its out of the system 8)
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby StevieD » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:36 am

How much is it?
StevieD
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R
State: ACT

Postby robracer » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:38 am

Husky is $110 for 20 min
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby webcase » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:12 pm

We teach you to do a wheelie in stages, therefore each rider will be required to successfully complete each task before moving on the next, this way minimising the possibility of unnecessary damage as a wheelie requires multitasking learnt in stages.

How much time do they spend telling you about how too's and what not too do's etc?Is that included in the half hour?
Looks like it would be a good experience.As redmistracer said, saves a real expensive weekend of flipping your own bike.
webcase
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda

Postby robracer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 pm

webcase wrote:
We teach you to do a wheelie in stages, therefore each rider will be required to successfully complete each task before moving on the next, this way minimising the possibility of unnecessary damage as a wheelie requires multitasking learnt in stages.

How much time do they spend telling you about how too's and what not too do's etc?Is that included in the half hour?
Looks like it would be a good experience.As redmistracer said, saves a real expensive weekend of flipping your own bike.

Yeah not that much talking, Quick intro & details about a starting point then rip in...... you can get some serious arm pump in 15 minutes of practice :P :kuda:
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby webcase » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks Rob.
webcase
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda

Postby TyM2Go » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:18 am

dont quote me on this but i think i read this companys slogan at bike gear warehouse and it went something along the lines of "helping you keeping it up longer" if i cant find that leaflet ill post it up as i cant find it on the site
To be old and wise,first you need to be young and stupid
2011 Ninja 250r SE - Poison Ivy

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮the police.
TyM2Go
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Ninja 250

Postby redmistracer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:21 pm

I was on the GSXR,
I was surprised how difficult it was to get the front up at first. You are sitting on the bike at standstill feet on the pegs and have the clutch on the friction point and quickly release the clutch (NOT FLICK IT OUT). There is no feeling of the rolling road or environment around you like when on the road. ( you are in a small room with no helmet on)
As soon as I got the feel of how much throttle to use it became very easy to lift the front and flick through the gears 2nd and 3rd. but holding the balance point took some practice and had I been outside would of needed a trailer to get home.

When the front is touching down it needs as much care also, you dont just snap the throttle closed. You roll off but as the front comes down you need to roll it back on slightly so you dont bottom out the forks and/or pop your front tyre.

I was lucky with my session, no bookings after me so it may have run over a bit ( Thanks guys )

Small carpeted room + hot GSXR1000 running for 30mins = pleanty of liquids lost. There is a fan for the bike which helps keep the temp down but it still runs around 70-80 Deg.

YES YES & Yes I recomend it. it is a good safe way to learn something all riders wish they could do. (Wheelie like a GOD :kuda: )
redmistracer
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZXR400

Postby oldrdrider » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Hell yes i was saying to my mate a couple of weeks ago i needed somewhere like this. Thanks for posting
"Helmet on, visor down . . . brain off!"
oldrdrider

Next

Return to Riding Technique Discussion