Its finally come down to this ...

Discussion area for Newer Riders and LAM's bikes including the Ninja 250

Moderator: Six Addict

Re: Its finally come down to this ...

Postby Dizzi » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:32 pm

Hey Blurr moi on my L's and yes I have to complete the new system even though I got my L's almost two months ago, when I get my P's (Hopefully will be ready next month or so) as I am over 25 I only have to stay on them for a year but none the less for a year so Hulk Junior will be my ride for at least 14 months but that is ok, he is an awesome ride and brillient to learn everything on along with all you fantastic teachers. :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:
10 Green ZX6R

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
Dizzi
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby gpxpunk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:03 pm

I have 4months and 3 weeks to go so im sweet. damn i better hurry up and finsh this 7. The one thing i can say is after having the off, i feel like they should have more learner training done. But then again 3 years on there p's will see alot more people getting fined for riding bigger bikes, not displaying there p's and alot more people having there licences suspended. Then again alot of people will stick it out and learn more on there LAMS bikes.
As they still think this scheme works for cars we all knew it was going to happen. More revenue raising. I cant say much, I have crashed, and now have learnt from my ways. But i can still say that im happy i dont have to do this 3 year crap. But a stay upright course is always a must.
1987 GPX250R. memories
2002 ZX7R . sold!!!!

I want My 7r BACK!!!!!!! Grrrrrr
gpxpunk
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Don't have one

Postby seiko1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:07 pm

hoffy wrote:dude, that sucks donkey balls ! :x

On Sunday or Monday? :lol: (refer Monday Ride)
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX14R
State: Victoria

Postby P4nza » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:04 am

quit hi-jacking my thread!!... Now i know how Rob feels :lol: :kuda:
2009 Kwaka Ninja 250R (Charlotte) Roady SOLD :'(
2010 Kwaka Ninja 250R SE (Jenny) Tracky SOLD :'(
Now i got no kwakas to ride! :\

"...I thought my tongue was longer than that!"

Team Crashed 2010 angry9.gif
P4nza
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby seiko1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:05 am

Well OK but did you hear the one about............................. :D
seiko1

Postby P4nza » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:45 pm

>_> smartass! :lol:
2009 Kwaka Ninja 250R (Charlotte) Roady SOLD :'(
2010 Kwaka Ninja 250R SE (Jenny) Tracky SOLD :'(
Now i got no kwakas to ride! :\

"...I thought my tongue was longer than that!"

Team Crashed 2010 angry9.gif
P4nza
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby mike-s » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:03 am

tim wrote:
P4nza wrote:· a rider holding a provisional P2 licence:
- is subject to the conditions requiring the holder to display a “P” when riding and to only ride approved motorcycles, failure to comply with these conditions incurs 2 and 7 demerit points respectively;
- after holding the provisional P2 licence for at least 24 months may graduate to an unrestricted licence.

7 POINTS OUCH!

yeah it is a bit harsh, i was going to say excessively so. Especially considering you have, what, 4 points to begin with as a Provisional rider? If anything they should have put a bit of a longer leadin on this so that those who have just gotten their license have a hope in hell of actually making it onto their P's under the system within which they started. Then again they're out to screw us on this, so i guess i really shouldn't be surprised at all.

Honestly i never bothered too much with keeping my L plate on ("The rear wheel ate it, honestly mr officer!") and never displayed my p's. From one ride to the next when i went with the plate to without it, it's AMAZING how much more of a pack of twats other road users are to you when you DO display your plates. Though now, the fun police have really taken care of things good'n'propper like XXeyeslam.gif hello2.gif qleapfrog.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif pottytrain2.gif :axe:
If it hurts, you aren't doing it right.
mike-s

Bike: Suzuki

Postby maraach » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:44 pm

It is a bit harsh. More because of how quickly they implemented it rather than the changes. Yeah they think it works with the cars.. but the main difference is, where are the laws that limit car drivers to driving Barina's with no passengers for 3 years? I get bikes are faster than most cars, but you stick a P plater behind a 300kw v8 or a twin turbo car (plenty of this going on around my area) and you have the same problem. The only difference is that instead of killing themselves, they kill someone else.

However from what i can see with the point changes as well it sucks to be a p-plater at the moment full stop. If i read it right, 1 speeding fine is enough to loose your license no matter how low range?

One of the main reasons P-platers seem to ride bigger bikes before they are allowed is the lack of choice in the LAMS section. It would be nice to think that this will get the bike manufacturers to build a whole host of new LAMS bikes that expand on the current lot. Something based on the er-5 engine (LAMS legal) in a er-6 or zzr'ish kind of package would definitely catch my attention. Either that or extend the range of bikes allowed for p2 license holders. If they don't, you are spot on, we are going to see a lot more p platers losing their licenses and taking stupid risk with insurance riding out of class. It doesn't take someone three years to learn how to handle a LAMS bike imo....

The one change i agree with is the no longer allowing people over 30 to go from their L's onto an unrestricted bike. I get why they had that exemption but a litre sportsbike in the hands of someone who has ridden for 3 months is a rather scary thought. However the concept of my dad (all 120kg of him) taking up riding in his late 50's and trying to ride a 250 does amuse me to no end.

I usually agree with mostly everything you say GPXPunk but i'm not sure i agree a longer LAMS period is going to save that many people from accidents (sorry to hear about your off by the way). It really comes down to the rider and luck. The kind of rider who tries to go out and do extra courses and cares about their riding is not the kind of one they are trying to stop. Hmm hang on did i read that wrong? If you are suggesting more mandatory training and less time on LAMS that is sounding pretty sensible to me.
maraach
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby seiko1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:46 pm

Less Bike Rider's would be killed if the bloody cage driver's were actually "taught to drive" instead of just being "taught to pass a test".
Things are made harder and harder for us every year but to get your cage license hasn't changed a great deal for a Century :x
It's very hard to get a shooter's license and you can only shoot in isolated locations, but you can hurtle 1 1/2 tonnes down the fucken street
sideways outside my door with my kids in the yard only mtr's away.
By the way, in case your reading this and live in Leopold you little prick, if I get hold of you I will rip off your tiny little pimple prick head and shit down your fucken neck :x
seiko1

Postby maraach » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:14 am

spot on seiko..... Get some of those drivers to do a "cone weave" and see how that goes for them...

the worst thing is they are making the cars easier and easier to drive so they don't require any concentration or thought at all. One of my good friends just bought a new car which parks itself ffs...... presses a button and it does the rest, and beeps if he is getting too close, puts the brake on for him, lets him know if he is crossing the lanes..... puts the windscreen wipers on... all he has to remember to do is press the "go" pedal and steer vaguely.... just what we need, people to pay less attention on the road.....
maraach
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby seiko1 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:22 pm

You won't believe this but................my boss reckons on a long distance drive...........
like Ballarat to Albury..............................................he reads a book :shock: bduh.gif :vom:
seiko1

Postby corvus2606 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:07 pm

You won't believe this but................my boss reckons on a long distance drive...........
like Ballarat to Albury..............................................he reads a book

OH DEAR GOD!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

he isnt travelling this weekend is he, i might have to cancel my trip
2002 GPX250 - Gone
2003 ER-5 - Gone
1986 GPZ1000rx - Under Construction
corvus2606
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ER5
State: ACT

Postby seiko1 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:21 am

corvus2606 wrote:
like Ballarat to Albury..............................................he reads a book

OH DEAR GOD!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

he isnt travelling this weekend is he, i might have to cancel my trip

He's flown off to Qld this morning..woo-hoooooooooooooooooooooo :D
seiko1

Postby mike-s » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:30 pm

God damn, have you considered putting the number of Wodonga LAC in your mobile?
fuckit i would.
If it hurts, you aren't doing it right.
mike-s

Postby zx-10r » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:18 pm

2 years on green P's :lol: sucks to be getting your licence after the law comes into effect
Let the good times roll.

2007 zx-10R Gallery : http://www.flickr.com/photos/41942460@N ... 052319987/
zx-10r
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

PreviousNext

Return to Newer Riders and LAMS Bike Discussion