Greyhounds Shot in Qld

Non Bike related Discussion - no politics or religion pls.

Greyhounds Shot in Qld

Postby pah » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:35 am

Hi Guys,

The news is full of stories re the 55 greyhounds found shot in Qld and the RSPCA is involved and some of the news reports include more than emotive language.

Queensland Police Minister Jo-Ann Miller did not mince words on Thursday morning as she condemned the "mass murder" of 55 greyhounds near Bundaberg.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensl ... mdbuq.html

MURDER?? It seems that this crime now extends to animals??

The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another:
www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/murder

I totally agree that if the dogs were tortured it's appalling and the perpetrators ought to be charged. If the dogs were humanely put down, what's the crime? If it's a crime to shoot a dog, let's quadruple the size of our jails because we will have to lock up most farmers (who for whatever reason have to put down a working dog) and professional shooters whose services are used by the government to control feral animals!! Oops - let's not forget the duck shooters. If it's murder to shoot greyhounds, the same must apply to ducks, geese rabbits etc??? I'd turn vegetarian but I've heard that veges have feelings too.

Here's what the law says about farmers' need for firearms.

Firearms are used on many Australian farms to control vermin and destroy sick or unwanted stock. The current firearms legislation recognises that farming communities have a genuine need for firearms as a part of their farm management.
http://farmsafewa.org/media/2909/17._Firearms_Safety.pdf

If the report in the Brisbane Times is accurate, does the destruction of unwanted animals now amount to State sanctioned murder?

PAH
pah
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Return to Off Topic Discussion