Anyone sell new cars?

Non Bike related Discussion - no politics or religion pls.

Re: Anyone sell new cars?

Postby Smitty » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:41 am

s man wrote:My advice is.
NEVER buy a new car, as soon as you drive it out of the showroom its lost one third its value.
Buy near new /40,000ks 1 year old. You'll save big $$$$$$$ & it will still be covered by new car warranty.
Let someone else do their arse on a new car, & you pick up the cream.

Secondly, If you go new, buy a Commadoor or Falcon/Territory, & keep aussie cars alive. Don't buy anything that's imported, our car industry needs help, the imports need nothing. Both Ford & Holden are offering huge discounts right now, & even better if you can find a 2012 model sitting in a yard, they will bend over to sell you a 2013 model. The company's offer huge incentives to dealers to unload their 2012 stock..
For economy . Falcon Ecoboost, http://www.ford.com.au/cars/new-falcon# ... 8978126790
Territory Diesel. http://www.ford.com.au/suv/territory#ov ... 8978979280

Hope this help, & enjoy playing word games with car salesman.. :lol:

as one who buys 15-20 cars a year for work... plus the odd one for me or members of my tribe, I don't agree
with the 40,000km/1 year stuff. You are buying one years worth of another drivers bad habits. How many times has it
been bounced off curbs when parking ...etc.

The trick here ... is to get a dealer demo with a buy it now price.
I bought myself one a year .... a Sportwagon $12k off retail 2 months old with 800kms (actually an ex-Holden car)
and last week a Kia Cerato for the son-in-law. $28990 drive away for a car with a RRP of $39k, it had 150km on it.
And earlier this year one for my youngest daughter... another Kia, this time a Sorento. $33k driveway for a $42k RRP
with 300km on it PLUS she also got 5 year warranty and 5 year fixed price servicing... at max $250 for ANY service.
The drive away pricing is needed so NO transfer fees or stamp duty to pay.

yes I drive a hard bargain but i have been doing this 'buying cars' caper for more than 20 years :kuda:
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R
State: Victoria

Postby ducati_paul » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:32 am

Smitty wrote:
....yes I drive a hard bargain but i have been doing this 'buying cars' caper for more than 20 years :kuda:

Wanna buy a car for me? :lol:
2012 Royal Enfield Military for the Road
ducati_paul
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby Smitty » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:44 pm

ducati_paul wrote:
Smitty wrote:
....yes I drive a hard bargain but i have been doing this 'buying cars' caper for more than 20 years :kuda:

Wanna buy a car for me? :lol:

no... :)
flat out in the middle of purchasing another 3 for work ( as well as my usual job running 7 factories :twisted: )
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Glen » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:30 pm

Smitty wrote:... just what the phark is this monstrosity? phark its ugly!
looks like a moulded piece of cow poo.... :twisted:

So does Paul, so it's probably a pretty good choice :P
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby Glen » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Hey Smitty, you're obviously fond of the Kia's. My daughter is looking for a car at the moment, what's the KIA story these days? I know Hyundai pump out a pretty decent car these days but I've not heard much on the Kia's.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby Wattie » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Glen,
From what I could find out they are on par with the Hyundais.
Nanna loves hers. Has all the bells and whistles that her fairlane had but half the size and 1/4 the fuel bill
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby smithy5 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:25 pm

One thing I always factor in when buying something is.... resale.....
Hyosung bikes are supposed to be pretty good, but would you buy one, or have you tried to sell a second hand one ????
Same with cars, Hyundai and Kia are supposed to be pretty good cars and they are priced right, but I wouldn't want to be trying to get some of my money back on a resale.....

My opinion Paul........... Get a Jappa, Toyota, Honda, Subaru, etc etc... The Korean manufacturers have pressured the Japs to keep their prices down.
You will pay a bit more upfront, but the Jap cars hold their value better and you will get it back when you sell it in years to come..... The Korean ones will be throwaways after the 5 year warranty has lapsed.
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

Postby Smitty » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Glen wrote:Hey Smitty, you're obviously fond of the Kia's. My daughter is looking for a car at the moment, what's the KIA story these days? I know Hyundai pump out a pretty decent car these days but I've not heard much on the Kia's.

Kias come out of the same factory as Hyundais ....
and the Kias? not my choice but my kids (and kid-in-law) wanted them so i did my homework
rang a few people in the trade, walked into my local KIA dealer and gave the New Car Sales Manager
a ½ hour grilling on the cars, their service and backup and what they can do for me ... the customer

end of story..?? I told them I was acting for my kids...they wanted one ( a kia) and what extras
or deals could they (the dealer) put on the table to make my children give them money
otherwise they would be looking at other brands. Hard nosed?... yep cut throat?... you betcha

car sales people have to work to get my business (and I deal with Holden Ford AUDI BMW sales people for work)
and its no different when its family... :twisted:
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Smitty » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:41 pm

smithy5 wrote:One thing I always factor in when buying something is.... resale.....
Hyosung bikes are supposed to be pretty good, but would you buy one, or have you tried to sell a second hand one ????
Same with cars, Hyundai and Kia are supposed to be pretty good cars and they are priced right, but I wouldn't want to be trying to get some of my money back on a resale.....

My opinion Paul........... Get a Jappa, Toyota, Honda, Subaru, etc etc... The Korean manufacturers have pressured the Japs to keep their prices down.
You will pay a bit more upfront, but the Jap cars hold their value better and you will get it back when you sell it in years to come..... The Korean ones will be throwaways after the 5 year warranty has lapsed.

hmmm... maybe

a new Honda CRV... about $40k on the road (maybe tad cheaper driveaway if you haggle)
10 years down the track worth maybe $8-10k. Depreciation cost is $30-32k

a new KIA SORENTO (or its Hyundai equivalent)... bigger and better equiped for somewhere between $33 and $35k
10 years down the track worth maybe $5k-$6k. Depreciation cost is pretty close to the Honda.

but the cost of ownership with the KIA will be less if they still offer the same 5 year warranty and 5 year fixed servicing deal
and HONDA don't.

You need to take all this stuff into account.
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby smithy5 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:19 pm

They are all 10K over what Paul was looking at spending. Compare the Honda civic or the Toyota corolla with the comparable Korean cars.....

I'm not up to speed on the Korean cars, cause like a Hyosung bike, I wouldn't give them a second look.
However I reckon they would cost about the same today as the Japanese cars, but what are the 2008 models selling for today ?????

I'd still go with one of the Jappa's
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

Postby mohawk miss » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:41 am

the Ford Focus Trend (car of the year 2011 & 2012) can be got from $21,500 drive away.
I believe it's a very good car - a friend just bought one & loves it.
I used to have a handle on Life,
but it fell off.

Pilot of the Aloominum Falcon
mohawk miss
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR600

Postby ducati_paul » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 am

I went and had a look at the Juke yesterday, it's nice! And 6L/100km will take a bit of beating! About the only cars that will beat those figures are the Kias, I might go look at one of the new Prius C Toyotas on Sunday, although I doubt they could tow a trailer
2012 Royal Enfield Military for the Road
ducati_paul
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Smitty » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 am

ducati_paul wrote:I went and had a look at the Juke yesterday, it's nice! And 6L/100km will take a bit of beating! About the only cars that will beat those figures are the Kias, I might go look at one of the new Prius C Toyotas on Sunday, although I doubt they could tow a trailer

a PRIUS cannot outrun its own shadow :lol:
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Smitty » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:50 am

mohawk miss wrote:the Ford Focus Trend (car of the year 2011 & 2012) can be got from $21,500 drive away.
I believe it's a very good car - a friend just bought one & loves it.

yes.. good cars
I have driven them here on test days and in the UK while on holidays earlier in the year.
stay away from the diesel version as the trade feedback on these is not nice
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Smitty » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:13 pm

ducati_paul wrote:I went and had a look at the Juke yesterday, it's nice! And 6L/100km will take a bit of beating! About the only cars that will beat those figures are the Kias, I might go look at one of the new Prius C Toyotas on Sunday, although I doubt they could tow a trailer

the Marzdar CX5 is better...at 5.1L/100km
and they will have a better resale than the lump of cow poo that the Joke is :twisted:
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion