Anyone sell new cars?

Non Bike related Discussion - no politics or religion pls.

Re: Anyone sell new cars?

Postby Clarkixlc » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:25 pm

I've never really been a fan of Hyundai until I hired a 2013 elantra for a few days in Virginia when I was in the states the other week.

Had absolutely everything you could ask for. Drove rediculously nice and decent on fuel and very comfy for me (I'm 6"3) and after that drive if I was in the market for a new car is definitely be buying one just on the few days I had it. And it's not an ugly looking car for what it is either.

Best bet is find five cars you like. Drive them all. Buy the one that's the best deal/you like the most.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby Strika » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Paul, the Kias are brilliant now. So ate the high undies. Both as good if not better than the jap stuff now. Resale is now as strong as the jap stuff too.

Don't go near a focus or a VW. The owners will tell you how good theirs is in an attempt to defend their purchasing decision, but a week standing in a dealer service department will tell you otherwise.

When you do decide on what car you want, please PM or text me and I will hook you up with someone I know. I was involved at both dealer and factory level all my career and still have ctcs. You don't have to buy from them, but at least you will know where It's at money wise.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby Wattie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Smitty wrote:
mohawk miss wrote:the Ford Focus Trend (car of the year 2011 & 2012) can be got from $21,500 drive away.
I believe it's a very good car - a friend just bought one & loves it.

yes.. good cars
I have driven them here on test days and in the UK while on holidays earlier in the year.
stay away from the diesel version as the trade feedback on these is not nice

What's wrong with the diesel?

I've got an 08 model with 80,000km,
Goes like a champ!
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Strika » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Wattie wrote:
Smitty wrote:
mohawk miss wrote:the Ford Focus Trend (car of the year 2011 & 2012) can be got from $21,500 drive away.

yes.. good cars
I have driven them here on test days and in the UK while on holidays earlier in the year.

Goes like a champ!

Ahhh...so it was you........I'd heard a rumour that someone got a good one....... :)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Wattie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Had it for 5 years now. It's a beast
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby ducati_paul » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Strika wrote:
Wattie wrote:

Goes like a champ!

Ahhh...so it was you........I'd heard a rumour that someone got a good one....... :)

:lol:
2012 Royal Enfield Military for the Road
ducati_paul
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Smitty » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:16 pm

Wattie wrote:
Smitty wrote:

yes.. good cars

Goes like a champ!

yeah.. you got a good one

its the fuelling system on the diesel that gives grief.... hard to start
and if it does, it does not give a shot of fuel so it runs on 2 or 3 cylinders
the fix is a new injection system at a cost of $3500 :shock:
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R

Postby Wattie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Damon must've got a good one too.
Happy days ;-)
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby ducati_paul » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:38 am

Took the Juke for a drive yesterday, didn't tick enough boxes for me so it's off the list now, saw a VERY nice Lancer LX which I'll take for a drive soon, leather heated seats, reverse camera and parking sensors are all standard :D also I think I'll check out an Imprezza (if the sales guy returns my call) a Corolla, a Hyundai and a Rio, I currently have an '06 Rio and it's actually a really nice little car to drive.
2012 Royal Enfield Military for the Road
ducati_paul
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Strika » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:04 am

Wattie wrote:Damon must've got a good one too.
Happy days ;-)

It was a pisstake mate. I'm sure there might be two, maybe even three others that got through with there piece of shit VW's without a failure or breakdown too......... :)

You bought one and are happy. That's great mate. But they are not a reliable brand despite your personal experience. I've worked in the trade all my life and have seen the disasters and high volumes of mechanical and electrical issues this brand has. BMW and Mercedes are no better, so don't feel bad. Matter of fact, just feel lucky that yours has been good.

Ahhh...Euro owners defending there purchasing decisions.......... It's Luke the BMW GS owner I spoke to a month ago.
Q-how's the GS going.
A-brilliant.......best bike ever.

We started talking and within 5 more minutes he had mapped out the over $3000 worth of repairs that had been carried out on it in It's 50,000klms travelled so far. :)

I would not touch ANY current Euro car if reliability is wanted and more so if you want service pricing that priced fairly.
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby ZXR750 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:33 am

Strika wrote:
Wattie wrote:Damon must've got a good one too.
Happy days ;-)

It was a pisstake mate. I'm sure there might be two, maybe even three others that got through with there piece of shit VW's without a failure or breakdown too......... :)

You bought one and are happy. That's great mate. But they are not a reliable brand despite your personal experience. I've worked in the trade all my life and have seen the disasters and high volumes of mechanical and electrical issues this brand has. BMW and Mercedes are no better, so don't feel bad. Matter of fact, just feel lucky that yours has been good.

Ahhh...Euro owners defending there purchasing decisions.......... It's Luke the BMW GS owner I spoke to a month ago.
Q-how's the GS going.
A-brilliant.......best bike ever.

We started talking and within 5 more minutes he had mapped out the over $3000 worth of repairs that had been carried out on it in It's 50,000klms travelled so far. :)

I would not touch ANY current Euro car if reliability is wanted and more so if you want service pricing that priced fairly.

Most Euro cars are not Euproean any more. Or not German at least. Lots are made or owned by overseas companies now. Proton owns Lotus, Tata owns or did own Jaguar. Some of the German brands are built in Thailand, Spain, and other lesser European countries as well.
Remember, half the people you know are below average.
Bike 93 ZXR750
05 ZRX1200
05 DRZ400
ZXR750
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZXR750

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion