Rant away.....

Non Bike related Discussion - no politics or religion pls.

Re: Rant away.....

Postby Ratmick » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Don't get me started, the imperial measurements were bad enough ;).

I'm (un)lucky enough to live in an area where people race those bastard machines AND the roads are exacly one car+one semitrailer wide. Those bastards ride like they bulletproof, car-width, doing the speed limit and are carrying lights like a roo-shooters ute. Alas the truth is that they are covered in skin tight lycra that offers the same crash protection as tissue paper, they do about 40% of the speed limit, and have pissy LED lights like I have in my torch...actually I have a Led Lenser P7 torch that pisses all over their lights.

They only thing they DO have in common is that when they ride in groups they take up the entire lane like a car, even in blind corners and the down side of hills. This is fine but I'm telling you if I have the choice of meeting a semi-trailer head-on with my family in the car at a combined speed of 200+ km/h OR plowing up the arse of a group of soft-bodied riders clad in the expensive (stretchy and oh-so wanky) equivalent of tissue paper and riding carbon fibe machines that weight eff-all I know which one I'll be collecting. Especially if they are taking up the entire effing lane and don't move over or even look as you skid towards them with all four wheels locked up.

This is great, very theraputic :lol:.

Mick :?
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Victoria

Postby Glen » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:33 am

Hey Pete, can I get some kaneg crash knobs with a 3/8th thread. I want to fit some to my Norton :) :)
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby photomike666 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:21 pm

farkin' cage drivers....

1) your spotlight/fog light are blinding and completely un necessary on a well lit town road

2) The law states keep left unless overtaking. So when I move into lane two to let you enter the almost empty freeway, I do not expect you to almost clean me up as you swerve irratically to lane 4

3) Plan your journey and be prepared. Cutting from lane four into a turn off at the last minute is simply dangerous. Does it really take that much brains to get left in time for your turn off.

4) Keep left unless over taking. Bit like point two, only if you find yourself in lane 4 and traffic in the left lanes is slower than you - or you see a queue to traffic behind you, move over and let them through.

5) Don't look smug when you 'beat' me off the lights. It means I didn't try. Mainly because I do not feel the need to prove my self at every set of lights, and I value my licence. Come to the drag strip or a race track some time and I will show you the meaning of fast

6) get out of my way, or don't look surprised when I find a way through. I didn't buya bike to sit in traffic jams.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07 ZX10R since new, tracky TBA, KX450F, 87 CR250 restoration, GT MTB - I've got serious thrill issues, dude
photomike666
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX10R

Postby seiko1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:22 pm

One thing I hate is unreliable MF's.
Mate says last week he wants the ZZR so don't advertise it.
Rang him four times over four day's to see what going on including last night when he said, and I quote
"I don't want to fuck you around" so I'll talk to the Missus and ring you back.
Well the call never came so I ring him 5 min's ago and ask what it going on?
He say's "with what"
Jesus f'ing H f'ing christ!!!!!!! :roll:
Now he says "advertise it" :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
As Kim Jong IL would say "why are people so fuckin stupid" (team america) :shock:
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1

Bike: ZX14R

Postby bluezx14 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:50 pm

GRAINS OF WHAT I ASK YOU??? Grains of rice, grains of sand???

A Grain is 1/7000th of a lb (avoirdupois) and is an imperial measure of gem stones and 308 Winchester is not quite the same as 7.62x51 nato, load data is not interchangeable (just so you know). 8)
Last edited by bluezx14 on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluezx14
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX14R
State: Queensland

Postby photomike666 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:18 pm

bluezx14 wrote:
GRAINS OF WHAT I ASK YOU??? Grains of rice, grains of sand???

A Grain is 1/7000th of a lb and is an imperial measure of gem stones and 308 Winchester is not quite the same as 7.62x51 nato, load data is not interchangeable (just so you know). 8)

Better off with a .303 Lee Enfield anyway
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07 ZX10R since new, tracky TBA, KX450F, 87 CR250 restoration, GT MTB - I've got serious thrill issues, dude
photomike666

Postby kaneg » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:53 pm

the boys are warming up.. :twisted: :twisted:

got a feeling there's plenty more where the above came from 8)

:kuda: :kuda:
kaneg
KSRC SPONSOR
KSRC SPONSOR

Bike: Suzuki

Postby bishboy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Love the imperial, I grew up in the country and that's all they spoke. I use a combination of both depending upon who I'm talking to. But some things just sound better in imperial, such 6 foot 4 tall, 30 miles to the gallon (what the fuck is 15 litres per 100km) or 8 inches long 8)

Dislike the pushbikes, 4WD's, reality TV in general and specifically (apologies to those this may offend) those who think the people on the biggest loser have achieved nothing short of splitting the atom just by getting off their ass and losing the weight that they put there by sitting on their ass in the first place and did they not realise they were getting fatter when they had to keep buying larger clothes angry9.gif

Ahhhhh that feels better, rant over (for the moment)

84 KX250
79 KX/KLX 250 evo project
YZ465 latest project
bishboy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Ratmick » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Great now I know wtf a grain is and how farked the guys in the Army with their civilian .308s shooting Army-issue 7.62mm ammo in Army time circa 1982 were.

Didn't I say there was enough crap in my head already, now there AT LEAST two more useless facts :? .

Hey this is a thread for rants, not for facts. You want facts then start your own thread!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :kuda:

Mick 8)
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Postby Jonno » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:21 pm

Never be able to get rid of it, labour gov tried (like some of there no child will be broke shite), but you just cant seem to shake the olde imp', get use to it or get a job where you dont need to think ffs :lol:
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Postby Sulli » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:54 pm

4/5th's of 5/8th's of fark all is about the sum of it :lol:
Nostradamus probably got it right
Sulli
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX9R

Postby tape » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:12 pm

kaneg wrote:From time to time I have the urge to express (rant away...) some issues that piss me off :roll:

Am I the only one ? :oops:

I don't think that you need to be labelled a negative person only because there are some reoccurring issues in your life that you feel like sharing with your mates, so here I go and will give you a couple to begin with, feel free to join in :kuda:

Imperial measurements in OZ today ...... WTF , why is it that you, the person, who was born in the seventies/eighties walk into Bing Lee to buy a TV only to be greeted by another person (sales) who is also in his/her twenties ( Remember folks the metric system became official in 1968 :shock: ) and the conversation begin around inches..... none of the participants are 100% know what the hell they are talking about and you might think that's cute and innocent till you and a few of your mates having to build something at which time you all discover that you don’t really know either measurements and the solution lies in two tiny letters mm (millimetres) - accurate and unmistakable - the way measurements should be :supz:

People who talk (dribble) for just the sake of talking without even a remote possibility of making any sense or interest to you .. :vom:

I feel better already :lol:

Pete,

Lucky there isn't a grumpy Weights and Measures Inspector on the site otherwise he might have a massive RANT over the use of imperial measurements still being used.... :shock: :roll: ;)

Cheers
Mick :drinkers:
If ya don't expect, ya don't get dissapointed.
http://www.insptag.com.au
tape
Team Ninja

Postby photomike666 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:21 pm

Farking wankers on EBAY.

OK, so I'm selling a few bits, mainly bulky stuff.

So bloke 1 hits the buy it now key within minutes of me posting the ad. No questions, simply buys the item. I have no issues with this. He turns up today, and within 2 steps of the door he is asking for a lower price. I tell him the item is as described and price in non negatiable. He then trys the walk away method - well I won't take it then. Fine I say, I'll report you to Ebay and you can pay for me to relist the item. 30 mins he tries to haggle for - I mean, he clicked the buy it now - he agreed to buy the thing.

Then, I have some other items up as well, all bulky, Local all pick only. 5 questions within 1 day, can you post to. So I reply to them all, My work hours do not make it easy for me to get to post office - local pick up only. 3 have come back trying to convince me to post the items to them. Which bit of no do they not get. Am I supposed to carry sets of motorcycle tryes on the train to work so I can waste my lunch hour getting costing for these asreholes?

Fark these people give me the shits.
photomike666

Postby 98ninja » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:33 am

love the heroes in cars who will wind their window down to a pushbike rider, tell them some bent form of road rules that their dads told them when they where 10 , and then make physical threats and drive off without following them up.

also i love anyone who thinks because they pay tax and resent paying tax and any tax rise, that anyone who works in a government job has to work as hard as humanly possible all day every day because " theyre money" pays your salary.
NEWS FLASH! clients of any business pay that businesses salary. do you go and have a go at a checkout chick at coles because she isnt working hard enough? and because the groceries you buy pay her salary?
have half a brain
99 zx9r - back
98ninja
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX9R

Postby red_dave » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:13 am

FARK I HATE CAMRY DRIVERS!!!!

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

I hope they all catch the clap evil6.gif