Queensland Dealers

General Discussion

Queensland Dealers

Postby KLR » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:53 am

Hey Guys,

Just at work atm. So not doing anything!! haha

Was wondering in the Queenslanders opinions who the best Kwaka dealer is in brissy metro area is or any to steer clear of( I don't think Slain is a fan of Nerang Kawasaki ) and if we all agree we should approach them and see if they would support us Qld members of the KSRC-AU.
Nothing At All.
KLR
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

re: Queensland Dealers

Postby redzedx7r » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:08 pm

:) being on the northside I go to Midtown (Carlie) a fair bit for parts and accessories and i've been pretty happy with their service. Two mates of mine have bought new zx6's and haven't paid anywhere near full price (about $13.5k rideaway), they were also doing good deals on zx10's (if you dare!).
I'm a bit wary of dealers doing any mechanical work, Darcy from Bike Performance (75 Pickering st Enoggera 33551089) does all my servicing and repairs. Good bloke, knows kwakas (but does other brands) excellent work and reasonably cheap.

Saw the pic of your zx9, very nice!

Sean
life half lived is no life at all

[url]http://tinypic.com/k85zd.jpeg[/url].

01 ZX9R (Red ofcourse!)
redzedx7r
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R
State: Queensland

Postby KLR » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:45 pm

Ok, yeah I have dealt with Midtown mostly and the Tony the head workshop guy there is pretty cool!! has been very helpful as well as the other mechanics.

Can't say much for the sales guys or I should say one in particular but the rest seem ok.
Nothing At All.
KLR
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby kempy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:19 pm

Whale's are a bunch of over-pricing dickheads. Charge you through the roof.

The service can be good and the people pretty nice, but the prices are bullshit.

Not to mention when I went to get a new set of brake pads, the dodgey bastard behind the counter gave me two different sorts for my front discs.

As for mechanical service, I would NEVER trust a dealership with my bike. Wacol Dynobikes all the way.
kempy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby SeanZX9R » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:14 pm

Well id have too stick with Nerang. Got 2 of my bikes through them and they have always looked after me. They gave 10,000 trade in on my zx9 for the zx10, which surprised me alot. As i only bought it 2yrs prior from them for 12. And Slain, it doesnt look like you will find a 6 anywhere for under 13 from the posts on here. Im not a fan of whalers, always trying to sell me stuff i dont want or need at high prices. Guess they catch a lot of newbies out with this.
SeanZX9R
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby greenmeanie » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:23 pm

Well i haven't bought a new or 2nd hand bike from any of the dealers but have bought accessories from both whales and midtown. I prefer midtown cause its northside and so am i.

Like sean i go to Darcy @ Bike Preformance(Enoggera) for repairs/servicing.

Tyres- see Mick @ MTM(Goodna) Ph: (07) 3818 1208. I challenge anyone that can find someone to beat his prices(cause u can't). Does good deals on chains & sprockets as well.

Regards
Glenn(zx7r).
Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby KLR » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:36 pm

havent tried MTM, have heard nothing but good things about them though.
Nothing At All.
KLR
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby kempy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:52 pm

2 Wheel Tyres in Blacksoil have pretty much even prices as MTM. Only thing is, well its in Blacksoil so a fair way for most of us (used to be real close for me when I lived in Ippy).

But yeah, the prices you'll find at those two places are mountains better than dealerships. OOOOO how I hate dealerships!
kempy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby Nanna10r » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:03 am

My 2cts .... I'm old so .... whatever ... Midtown couldn't be bothered selling me a bike 5 months ago (deposit in my pocket,cash in the bank).
Some old Sales bloke Gus or Lou ?? Didn't even know he Had the last new zx9r in town (Thought we'd sent that up the coast already). I asked to talk to head sales guy, he made me wait 10mins come out said talk to gus and We'll see what we can do. I said seeya Gus/Lou .Whatever ......
Whales did 1k service an lowered it as requested old Mick seems ok and they ll do 6k service next week as i have a warranty issue, nothing big just a plastic clunk noise from under the headlight assembly, ram air bit. Wacol dynobikes i like but have no range. I get tyres from Blacksoil an they scrub em as well. I dont really see the issue with a discount yet, just say cash price they all move for accessories, even Noyse'. Best bike shop in Brissie for staff is the new Yamaha West crew, informative, easy going and good for a chuckle.
Cheers Brett
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Poppy Hops on .... CBR150 (Superlite) CBR954 "Blade"
Nanna Naps on .... MoriWAKI NSR85 (Motolite) ZX10R "Crim"
We may ride like Old Can'ts, But Phuk we look DOOG !!!!!!
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Postby Felix » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:59 am

Yes, I know it is out of range of the original question, but I have found the guys at Motorcycle Country in Gympie really, really good.

When I was looking for my bike, they were the first dealer that acknowledged my existence (other bikeshops obviously keep their guys busy with things more important than talking to potential customers), and did an OK deal. I have bought nearly all my accessories from them as well, and have gotten good discounts.

I just think they deserve a mention, is all :D

ps

is it me, or do most bikeshops treat customers with disdain??
Felix
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Suzuki
State: Overseas

Postby Slain » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:15 am

well personally i hate whales, i walked up to one of the sales guys, waited for him to finish his conversation then told him the situation and how i want a new bike. the prick then looks at me and says "when you get your old bike back then come see me until then nothigns going to happen" and walks off, asshole you just lost 14 grand! nerang were very similar in service but not to the smae degree. the sales guy did as much as he could by showing me the bike etc but no test runs, again cya.
Nerang yamah prepped a brand new bike for me to testt and the service was exceptional, on a side note the are linked to midtown lol
Rin nin nin *pop*, Ahh the sound of a 2 stroke!
Slain

Postby KLR » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:17 am

Its up to you Slain but you can ring the dealer principles of these places and let them know and trust me the salesman will have a new arsehole torn as it is money they have lost!!!
Nothing At All.
KLR
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Slain » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:34 am

nah its ok, i was going to go back to these places on my r6, walk up to the salesman at whales ask him the same thing and when he tells me come back with my bike rara ra "i did" its the new r6 sitting there. and just walk off lol
Rin nin nin *pop*, Ahh the sound of a 2 stroke!
Slain

Postby greenmeanie » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:03 pm

One day i am going to go and checkout Bayside Kawasaki(Capalaba). Mick @ MTM reckons if i was to buy a new kwaka to go and see them. They are only a small dealer but he said he has bought parts through them and found them cheaper.

Regards
Glenn(zx7r).
Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Afrodesia » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:49 pm

Bris Dynobikes are 4k from home, and they are a great (small) crew. Shame their old mechanic - who was the fussiest dude I have ever met - left about 6 months ago. THey dont carry a lot in store, but goods are only a phone call away.

The new 10 came from Midtown, great deal, not totally confident with them yet
Heard good things about Bayside.

Our mate at Goodna is great for tyres - and has a lot of knowledge (be warned of a long yarn if you are in a rush)

I really like to throw the $$$$ at the little guys - after all they cannot afford to dissapoint! :)

Jas.
Afrodesia
Warming up
Warming up

Next

Return to General Discussion