Is this site officially dead.....

General Discussion

Re: Is this site officially dead.....

Postby Daisy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:09 pm

smithy5 wrote:FB is not the enemy, it's just evolution, it's easier and quicker to access, easier to post photo's and has more options. FB is too big to stop now, so perhaps it's better to make more use of it.

Oh how wrong you are. FB is a data mine. That makes it my enemy. Pretty sure Dave isn't profiling us so he can sell our info to advertisers. They make it 'easier' because you're the product, not the customer. FB doesn't have enough options for me. Like the option to use whateverthefuck name I want to call myself this week - or the option to sort/skin/order the feeds the way I want and block the hell out of anything I don't have an interst in. Sure you can change stuff, but it seemed like every second week they'd change the code so everything reverted to the way they want to seve it up. When 'people you may know' started appearing in the middle of my news feed and reappearing every time I blocked it I cracked the shits for the final time.

I don't have to do that with forums. If all the fora died I'd crawl back under my Luddite rock.
dutchy wrote:White bikes are awesome :grin:
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GTR
State: South Australia

Postby BrettZZR » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:28 pm

billwest wrote:Anyway, if you feel like a ride, beers at my place one Sunday afternoon!

Might roll up one Sunday!

(-8
BrettZZR
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR1100
State: Western Australia

Postby Reedy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:02 am

Started off here now im running in ASBK as a 6"2 100kg champion for 2017.

it's all lies except for the weight but i had a good run.

Still have a couple of bikes if anyones up for an OPH run. Is that still a thing ??
Reedy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda
State: New South Wales

Postby smithy5 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:09 am

Daisy wrote:
smithy5 wrote:FB is not the enemy, it's just evolution, it's easier and quicker to access, easier to post photo's and has more options. FB is too big to stop now, so perhaps it's better to make more use of it.

Oh how wrong you are. FB is a data mine. That makes it my enemy. Pretty sure Dave isn't profiling us so he can sell our info to advertisers. They make it 'easier' because you're the product, not the customer. FB doesn't have enough options for me. Like the option to use whateverthefuck name I want to call myself this week - or the option to sort/skin/order the feeds the way I want and block the hell out of anything I don't have an interst in. Sure you can change stuff, but it seemed like every second week they'd change the code so everything reverted to the way they want to seve it up. When 'people you may know' started appearing in the middle of my news feed and reappearing every time I blocked it I cracked the shits for the final time.

I don't have to do that with forums. If all the fora died I'd crawl back under my Luddite rock.

Sure Daisy, FB is massive invasion into our personal stuff, but really what isn't these days.... Todays technology allows people to get info on you even without a FB account.
I figure I'm not that important, haven't got anything to hide and i'm not rich enough to worry about the negatives of FB, so i'll just concentrate on the positives. Like keeping in touch with people, finding out about rides, mods and info on my bike, buy swap and sell groups... etc etc....
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

Postby adge82 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:32 pm

I haven't logged on here for years. I also haven't ridden on the road in the same amount of time. Trying to get the ol 9 back on the road now and was very disappointed to see that only the top few posts in any of the forum areas were even from 2017.

I guess a part of that is my fault, I haven't been around at all.
I'm sure many are in the same boat.

I feel like riding bikes has changed quite a bit over the last 5 years though. I rarely see what appears to be social rides happening around me these days. I might not be looking for them either, but way back when, I used to see groups of guys n gals out riding to coffee shops and up in the twistys.

Shame I guess, I dunno.. What I do know is that I'm far too busy to be on forums all day anymore.
Maybe that's the truth for many of us.

For what its worth, I still have my KSRC visor sticker on the helmet haha.
adge82
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R
State: Victoria

Postby Daisy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:11 pm

smithy5 wrote:Sure Daisy, FB is massive invasion into our personal stuff, but really what isn't these days.... Todays technology allows FB to get info on you even without a FB account.
FTFY
I figure I'm not that important, haven't got anything to hide and i'm not rich enough to worry about the negatives of FB, so i'll just concentrate on the positives. Like keeping in touch with people, finding out about rides, mods and info on my bike, buy swap and sell groups... etc etc....

And that my friend, is why the forums are dying.
I tried the buy, swap and sell pages and it was like

I used to teach English, so you can probably imagine what sort of meltdown I have when I read moron. ;)
dutchy wrote:White bikes are awesome :grin:
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GTR

Postby rooster » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:25 am

Just for the sake of all round fairness I have joined the FB page as well :), but Ill stick to here for my green news for now
If life is like a box of chocolates, why do I always get the laxettes?
rooster
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Z1000

Postby ironkiwi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Mt Glorious here in sunny Old is alway filled with bikers every weekend, i'm sure any other brisbane folks will confirm that, shame theres always cops up there these days...
There are 2 big meet up riding groups here as well with over a thousand riders on each one, yes some of us, including me are on both!
So theres definitely lots of riding going on, but the forum aspect of things seems to have died down for sure, maybe its an aussie thing because the yank ones i'm on seem to be going strong?
ironkiwi
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby red_dave » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Mine absence has been purely lifestyle change driven...

Sold Elvis 6 or so years ago in preparation for the child rearing stage of my life and have only just got another bike at Xmas. Its been a awesome and i regret nothing. But now with family in tow, committing to the weekly "Wednesday night double schnitzel at the Sawdust Hotel" type nights, or every Sunday at the PITS, is harder.

The people made this place fun. There's lots still around but we just need to all meet back here a bit more often i reckon! :kuda:
red_dave
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

Bike: ZX6R
State: Queensland

Postby Smitty » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:56 pm

red_dave wrote:............

The people made this place fun. There's lots still around but we just need to all meet back here a bit more often i reckon! :kuda:

Amen to that Dave... :)

ps.. I understand the irritation that is Stalkbook (but it does help if u have relos in the ol'Dart ) and much prefer here
but like a lot, we have now got distractions in our lives and that tends to keep us away from 2 wheels.. and here

For the record I turned up at T1 at the Supers this year (3 years after last time) and was glad to see the old warriors
from here.. still there! . Even Marz who has defected to them Highly Dangerous Spud bikes was there.... :kuda:
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R

Postby RustyAs » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:52 pm

FWIW I joined quite a while ago. I returned to riding after too long. Picked a fantastic ZZR1100 and joined as a newbie to get the low down on the bike

As mentioned by others every one was fantastic

To be honest I didn't get to many of the organised events, one good one was a kart day at Eastern Creek that Disco organised

Work, life and other shit got in the way, sold the 1100 'cause I needed the cash

Been back on a bike for a while now, brought a ZZR 1200 for a commuter.

In the last little while we moved to the Hunter Valley and got more time now so come back quite often. It's a bit sad to see how quite it is

If any one is thinking about a reunion, I've got 30 acres in the middle of the Vineyards that would make a great venue for a "rally"

Cheers

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
If everything is under control.......your going to slow

2012 Husaberg FE570 Dirty
2002 ZZR 1200 Roady
Bandit 1200 (Written off. My fault )
FJ 1100 ( Written off. Not my fault)
2000 ZZR 1100 (Sold)
XR 600 (630 Ballard Kit)
RustyAs
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZZR1200

Postby javaman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Life got in the way ... racked up debts, got unemployed :( ... paid debts.

NOW the fun begins :kuda:

alien.gif andi - Red GPZ900R, GPZ750R1, KLR650 Tengai, KLR250
"my dad's motorbike is cool it is all ways clean.oheter pepole' s motorbikes
are't like my dad's one it's because their is one not always clean."
-ariel circa 2007
http://GPZninja.blogspot.com/
javaman
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GPz900

Postby Alf Stewart » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:21 pm

New member, Just purchased a ZZR-1100. FB has hurt a car forum I'm a member of as well. Forums are much better, more of a database, can find information without having to filter though all the crap.

Hoping I can help breath some life back in here, I'll be very active while I'm trying to soak up information.

Cheers
Alf Stewart
Warming up
Warming up

Postby tim » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Gday mate welcome!

Ok I'll just get it out of the way, is Alf Stewart ACTUALLY your name or are you tipping your hat to an Australian institution? ;)
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Alf Stewart » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Nah not my real name, was a name given to me many years ago on forementioned car forum after a night of heavy drinking and colourful posts. Since then has just stuck as my online persona haha.
Alf Stewart
Warming up
Warming up

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion