Is this site officially dead.....

General Discussion

Re: Is this site officially dead.....

Postby Possum » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 pm

YES … bwahahahahaha….. :supz:

Daisy wrote:
Possum wrote:... I still have my Z, I will never sell it.. so legally im still welcome???? :heart:

I don't think there are enough of us left to make a quorum, so we can't vote you out. :lol:
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Postby billwest » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:55 pm

billwest wrote:The forum I manage(d) is gone, taken over by the pro-FB clan. They think they can do a better job.
I got shunted out of the webmaster's role.

Gone is the message board with many write-ups for now.
More time for me .....

I've brought it back! I registered a new domain name, and copied relevant files and database so that it can be accessed.
It is still a "work in progress" at this stage:
http://www.ulyssesperth.info
Don't ride as if you own the road.......
Ride as if you own the bike!

ZZR1200 ('02), FJR1300 ('19).
billwest
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR1200

Postby billwest » Sat May 25, 2019 4:24 pm

And now the forum is gone ....
I put a good number of years in to that.
I still have a temporary web page, no more forum.
The facefarkers have set up their own but it looks like crap.

billwest
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Glen » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:48 pm

I think unfortunately it's time to announce a time of death.

The good and righteous have lost the fight against the evil carnt Zuckerberg and the mindless disciples of facebook.

The saddest thing for me is that I have actually disconnected from people I knew on here who have climbed onto facebook and then just gone full judge jury and executioner on anyone who disagreed with their political or environmental views. We had rules here where we didn't discuss politics or religion and that was brilliant because that shit is personal and shouldn't get in the way of stuff that means something ie riding mudderbikes. Unfortunately facebook lets anyone express anything and everything without respecting the fact that everyone has differing ideals and beliefs. I have to admit I've been guilty of this and briefly got carried away with the notion of flaming anyone with a different view.This is what the fucking thing does to sensible people unfortunately.

I have a facebook account as unfortunately it is the only way of staying connected with some groups that I'm involved with. It's not personal but I'm blocking or unfriending or whatever the fuck they call it anyone who posts anything political or religious (life is too short to get fucking knotted up in what fuckstick runs the country). If anyone on here is one of those people please don't be offended.

I ride now with a bunch of oldcahns who just ride for the joy of riding and hanging out for a week with a bunch of like minded individuals (kind of like KSRC was 10 years ago). If anyone here is interested let me know. We do four or five big rides a year, the pace is sensible ( we ride to make sure everyone gets home) and no one has ego's so every trip is brilliant.

I think this will potentially be my last post on KSRC and I'd like to thank Dave and Jus for everything they've done to bring this group together. I love this joint and really relished the experiences we've had and the people I've met through the site and the rides and trackdays where we filled a group at Eastern Creek (that was awesome), our WGM's on Friday nights, the CDT's, the ANZAC day gatherings and the Regular Sunday rides. This group got my son into track days and those days were some of the best I've had. Life moves on though and everyones priorities change as they move through different life stages ( your kids grow up from little tackers to teenagers to moving out of home to buying houses and having their own kids). Everyone on the site has gone through that over the last 15 years or so so it's inevitable that things change. I accept that and acknowledge that nothing can ever be the same as it was. Its sad but shit changes and life moves on

To everyone I've met on here thank you for everything, you guys are awesome. My last commitment here is that I will try and connect personally with all of you (I have no idea how) but I would encourage all of the old timers on here to do the same. We were a sensational group of people and its tragic that we've disconnected personally.

As old mate Gos would say "see you on the road scaggs"
Last edited by Glen on Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby billwest » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:01 pm

Yeah well, good luck, Glen.

I too have lost friendships over the facefark thing, don't ride as much anymore because of it.
I organise a couple of rides per year here with like-minded people, but that may be dying out as well.
At least some of my sons ride, and we ride together every so often.

I still don't do farcefark, have no account. Apparently I miss out on family stuff that gets posted, but it is no big deal. If they really want me to know things, they can email me, or visit even.

billwest
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Daisy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:36 pm

Sorry to see you giving up for the second time Glen.

The first being when you allowed yourself to be assimilated.

I'm going to camp here and wait for faecesbook to self destruct. A feeble hope maybe, but better than no hope.
dutchy wrote:White bikes are awesome :grin:
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GTR
State: South Australia

Postby Glen » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:00 pm

billwest wrote:Yeah well, good luck, Glen.

I too have lost friendships over the facefark thing, don't ride as much anymore because of it.
I organise a couple of rides per year here with like-minded people, but that may be dying out as well.
At least some of my sons ride, and we ride together every so often.

I still don't do farcefark, have no account. Apparently I miss out on family stuff that gets posted, but it is no big deal. If they really want me to know things, they can email me, or visit even.

Hey mate. Stick with it. Facebook unfortunately is just full of fuckwits. I get to Perth for work every three months or so. Let’s grab a beer or whatever next time I’m there. Life is about connecting with people not posting on facefuck.. keep the dream alive
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Glen » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:06 pm

Daisy wrote:Sorry to see you giving up for the second time Glen.

The first being when you allowed yourself to be assimilated.

I'm going to camp here and wait for faecesbook to self destruct. A feeble hope maybe, but better than no hope.

Not giving up Daisy just actively moving towards connecting with people like we used to ie personally. I don’t get to Tassie any more but I’m making a point of connecting with anyone I can whenever I can. Personal interaction is the best thing we can do. People struggle these days because they simply just don’t talk to people and that’s what Facebook destroys
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby billwest » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:50 pm

Good idea, Glen, I can be partial to beer.

Glen wrote: .......... People struggle these days because they simply just don’t talk to people and that’s what Facebook destroys .........

.... and they get upset when other fuckwits critisise their posts.

I catch the train every so often. Nobody talks anymore.

What.jpg
What.jpg (98.33 KiB) Viewed 6040 times

Wtf is wrong with this dude? What is he looking at? The world?

billwest
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Daisy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:57 pm

I still visit half a dozen or so forums. If we don't frequent them they'll die completely - though I haven't had much to contribute to this one since I don't have a sportsbike any more. We can't lose the archive of knowledge that members have spent many years building, and something faecesbook can't do.
That said, younger people don't seem as interested in murdercycles these days ...

Shit Glen. Now you made me feel old. :oops:
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby billwest » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:01 pm

Sites such as the ZRX Forum and the ZZR Forum.

billwest
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby MadKaw » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:28 am

Have to agree Glen, and yes the political BS on facebook gets on my nerves too - I just bite my tongue and move on rather than engage in meaningless arguements.
I don't post much on there because of it and the fact I don't really have much to say...

I'm not riding much these days due to complications from the shoulder replacement and have nerve damage in my right arm and and hand. Trying to manage that atm.
I get on here most days to see what's happening but don't post a lot...

No need to leave though, just hang in there and post up whatever your doing. Hopefully it will get others posting, like this...

Sounds like we need a reunion.... its 20 years of KSRC...
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R

Postby BrettZZR » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:55 am

Glen wrote:I think unfortunately it's time to announce a time of death...

MadKaw wrote:No need to leave though, just hang in there and post up whatever your doing. Hopefully it will get others posting, like this...

What he said!!!
BrettZZR
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR1100

Postby Mister_T » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Daisy wrote:We can't lose the archive of knowledge that members have spent many years building, and something faecesbook can't do.

I vaguely remember similar opinions when forums took over from mailing lists and USENET newsgroups, and when mailing lists and USENET took over from message boards.
I was active on the aus.motorcycles newsgroup and a few mailing lists for some time, way back when dial-up ruled the roost. I don't even remember what message boards I was on. The knowledge is still around, it is just accessed differently.
I'm no fan of Farcebook and I don't have an account there and I probably miss out on some useful aspects, but I think that with each iteration of technology the knowledge-to-noise ratio has declined.

Daisy wrote:That said, younger people don't seem as interested in murdercycles these days ...

Yeah, some things get priority such as housing affordability, HECS debt, etc. Bikes are a bit of a luxury item these days.
On top of that there is the aging population thing (which includes me). Proportionally there are less younger people around. Maybe one day bikes will be seen as an old fogey thing instead of a young rebel or underpaid food deliverer thing.
Mister_T
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GPx750
State: Victoria

Postby Daisy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:52 pm

Mister_T wrote:The knowledge is still around, it is just accessed differently.
I'm no fan of Farcebook and I don't have an account there and I probably miss out on some useful aspects, but I think that with each iteration of technology the knowledge-to-noise ratio has declined.

Bikes are a bit of a luxury item these days.

I don't have a faecesbook either, but people who do keep telling me the only way to find something again is to 'like' or repost it so you can find it in your own stuff. I didn't have a computer in the days of email lists and message boards so I sort of grew up with forums.

I don't think its the expense keeping young people from motorbikes. A lot of them simply have zero interest.
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion