Switch to full style
General Discussion
Forum rules
Post a reply

CALL FOR ASSISTANCE

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:24 am

I am hoping there is someone out there in the wider world who can help, my mother was promised a connection of her phone in her aged care centre in Richmond by Telstra on the 25/2/16 after numerous calls on her behalf, the issuing of at least 3 different phone numbers, and nothing but platitudes from their supposed customer service we still, 4 months later have no phone. They blame NBN NBN blames Telstra, essentially I am hoping thaT someone can point me in the direction of someone or some organisation that can resolve this, I have lodged a complaint with the TIO Ombusdman, useful as tits on a bull, and tried to escalate it through Telstra and on social media, nothing.
The techos who have been out there cannot understand what is going as the equipment if fine and ready to rock and the previous occupant was connected and they have properly and that connection cancelled.
Rest assured if anonymity is required it shall be but any assistance at all would be invaluable, I honestly cant believe this mob Telstra is so utterly useless to simply connect a phone.
I have contacted Hadley at 2 GB yet to hear back.

Re: CALL FOR ASSISTANCE

Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Smith & Wesson are probably your best bet.......... :twisted:

My mother in law just went through the same level of pain with Telstra after some dumbwad conned her into spending $400 on updating her phone, her service etc. After weeks of having a munted phone service she finally got it sorted then got the massive bill. Your only chance is to talk to someone face to face in a store (otherwise you end up with "Karen" from the Phillipines who you can only contact via SMS).

I don't know what the answer is but they are fcuked. Unfortunately we've got used to it so it's become normalised.

Re: CALL FOR ASSISTANCE

Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:57 am

I could write a novel here about Telstra and our Internet connection......... but long story short............
We ended up getting Telstra Country Wide to half sort it, they are still on it now. Not sure if they cross the River into Richmond though ?
Also we are a test case for 2UE and Telstra at addressing customer concerns. Just got lucky and called 2UE at the right time.
Initially they said they wouldn't help, cause if they helped everyone that had a Telecom complaint that's all they would do all day :roll:
Like Glen said, go to a Telstra shop its the only way to speak to someone in Australia who is even any hope of doing anything.
Do not waste your time speaking to overseas reps.
Post a reply