Switch to full style
General Discussion
Forum rules
Post a reply

radiator zx7

Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:30 am

After a seriously hot track day at Wakefield just before Christmas the poor old 7 struggled to cope with the heat. I pulled the radiator and figured it was only about 50% efficient with the usual squashed fins etc. I spent about 4 hours straightening the little fleckers but am figuring she is probably past her use by date.

Has anyone used the "OEM replacement" radiators on ebay? They are either supplied direct from china or I suspect through a US supplier who probably gets them from the same place.
I can get it do the doorstep for a little over $200 which is cheaper than local wreckers are asking for 2nd hand in same condition as mine :shock:

Re: radiator zx7

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:20 am

Yes, I got one for the ZZR1100. The seller told a couple of fibs - like it was US made, but it was delivered direct from China. From memory I paid around $120 so I strongly suspected that he was a fibber straight up. Never had an issue with the radiator though.

Re: radiator zx7

Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:15 pm

awesome, thanks Daisy.

Funny thing is it is cheaper to buy the US one, doesn't really make sense but you get that :?
Post a reply