General Discussion
Forum rules
Post a reply

Re: KSRC member featured on motorbikewriter.com

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:15 pm

Strika wrote:
dilligaf wrote:
Strika wrote:Hope you're all well?

More to the point, we hope you are well again.

I should be asking you that same question mate! I hope all your wounds have healed well????

Me?? No change unfortunately. They have finally worked out what it is. Which is good news. But the bad news....there is no cure. It won't kill me, but they can't fix it. Just mask it with painkillers and a few other nasty drugs. But, hey.....I'm not whinging. I'm still alive. The pups are happy, they get two walks a day and lots of good food, love and attention. I've even started doing the odd occasional short bike ride. Managed a 130klm ride just after MotoGP last year. Half on a GSXR1000 Suzuki and the other half on the editor of mcnews.com.au 's personal CBR900 93 model. (All be it with Race Dynamics Ohlins front and rear and a 17" front wheel). Then did about the same distance on a new Suzuki Bandit 1200 just before Xmas. I sold some old gear I had, sold an old car I had and picked up a bashed up Suzuki DL650 K8 for $2000.00.(Desperately wanted a Versys but couldn't afford one) A few friends helped me get it running again and I did a ride on Monday on it for the first time. I go O.K going up hill where I don't have to put any pressure on my hands or wrists under brakes...can just roll off the throttle....but down hill I'm pretty slow as I can't hold myself up with my wrists and shoulders. No biggie though.....at least when I am feeling half OK I can get out and have a short ride every now and then. Certainly ain't the CDT, but hey...........I'm still riding. :kuda:

Good news mate, as Glenno said, top GP preview story too.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:55 am

He predicts that GPS tracking will be installed on all vehicles within the next 10 years.

Well that sucks.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:30 pm

Thanks Phil & Glenn. It's what I do when I can't sleep at 3am. Most of my stuff is written in the wee hours :) Be interesting to see how the GP season pans out. Which reminds me, I have to get my tips in for the weekend............ 8)

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Of course if you go and have a look at the Kawasaki team green write up on their EC ride day you'll get some classic quotes from an absolute legend...... :oops:

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Of course if you go and have a look at the Kawasaki team green write up on their EC ride day you'll get some classic quotes from an absolute legend...... :oops:

Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Glen wrote:Of course if you go and have a look at the Kawasaki team green write up on their EC ride day you'll get some classic quotes from an absolute legend...... :oops:

Had a look at the photos on FB can't find any quotes though? Did see Joe and yourself and bikes etc...

Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:33 pm

Here you go Tim....

http://www.kawasaki.com.au/racing/racin ... sport-park

Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:10 am

Cheers Phil

Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Covered the Penrite Broadford Bike Bonanza on the weekend. Huge crowd and i've never seen as many Guzzis in one place. :shock:

http://www.mcnews.com.au/penrite-broadf ... anza-2016/

Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:49 pm

For anyone interested in the Vic Historic Championships, here's the round one report from Broadford.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2016-victorian ... broadford/

Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:28 pm

Victorian road racing champs report..........

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2016-victorianhips-round-one/
Post a reply