Gumtree Bargain!!!! So i took his word....

General Discussion

Gumtree Bargain!!!! So i took his word....

Postby gazza2008au » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:44 pm

hey guys this isnt a kwaka but thought i'd get a better response here than the other poor CF Moto forums and seeing im already a member here i thought i'd ask

i just picked up a lightly crashed CF Moto V-Night 2013 model 150cc but for the life of me cant get it running, i took the sellers famous words " it runs we had it running" i removed the tank and air filter than removed the carby and checked it out it was clean i checked for spark, i unscrewed the spark plug placing it back into the spark plug cap and cranking it over while earthing onto an engine bolt the spark plug was sparking

i tried a compression test but i didnt have the same threaded connection so i had to use the rubber push on and hold adapter the compression reached 125psi although the connection was leaking

than i poured a cap full of fuel down the spark plug hole than replacing the spark plug but it wouldnt start

so far i have spark, i have fuel, do i have compression? im unsure if 125psi is enough for a 150cc bike... the spark plug originally looks powdery black untill i flooded the engine, the bike has around 9000km's on the clock, the engine will crank with the on/off switch in either poistion

i have tried removing the clutch sensor wires and joining them together it still will not start

anyone have a clue where im going wrong? its the carby model not fuel injected
gazza2008au
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX7R
State: New South Wales

Re: Gumtree Bargain!!!! So i took his word....

Postby ducati_paul » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:12 am

Sidestand cut out switch? ... actually no it wouldn't crank if that was the case!
have you tried taking it to a big hill and jump start? i.e. second gear dump the clutch, full throttle and roll baby roll, failing that try a big cliff and a good push ;)
2012 Royal Enfield Military for the Road
ducati_paul
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby ducati_paul » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:14 am

Actually I just remembered my KTM had an issue once and it ended up being a bad spark plug cap, it would generate a spark but not enough to fire, maybe try a new cap? ... should be cheap enough?
2012 Royal Enfield Military for the Road
ducati_paul
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby gazza2008au » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:33 pm

thanks paul the cliff is in the near future :lol: i called one of the sydney CF Moto dealers and his words were "basically everything goes on back order and you'll be waiting months" i tried starting the bike again this morning by jump starting it off my car while the car was running the bike wants to start it just wont

ill grab another spark plug and see how i go
gazza2008au
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX7R

Return to General Discussion