Putty Rd - GoPro footage/video

General Discussion

Putty Rd - GoPro footage/video

Postby KiwiMat » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:02 am

Hey guys, i know im not on a kawasaki anymore, but this might interest the guys doing gopro videos on their bikes, this is some of the footage i took from the front and rear of the K1300R on our last Sydney ride. GoPros are mounted using Ram Mounts.
Im still learning this GoPro thing, the rear view probably could have been higher over the exhaust, but the rear wheel travel and spinning is pretty cool, not to mention the sound.
For some reason the settings on the cameras changed when i switched batteries, i was going for normal view on both camera's and 1080 at 30fps, although for some reason one camera said it was doing 25fps......?
And then there is the editing saga, and the epic wait for it to download to utube, (next one downloading now)
Anyway, any tips, constructive critisizm, or outright abuse are all welcomed.
What about the ratio of front and back footage, im doing about 1 minute of each in this video, too much, not enough, less of one/more of the other, or are they just better posted seperately as 2 videos?

NB.. switch to 720HD in the settings at the bottom of the youtube screen for better picture.

cheers
Kiwimat

Here is the first one

ZX12R - 2005
GSXR750 - 2022
FZR250 - 1990
ZXR250A... project
KiwiMat
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R
State: New South Wales

Re: Putty Rd - GoPro footage/video

Postby Wattie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:58 pm

cool,

I have a couple of Putty vids. but they are a bit brisk... :?
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby KiwiMat » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:38 am

Wattie wrote:cool,

I have a couple of Putty vids. but they are a bit brisk... :?

thanks Wattie, as the road opens up, our ride did become more "brisk" or "spirited".......
havnt edited them yet, but here is one from earlier in the day from Wollombi to Broke.

cheers
Kiwimat

ZX12R - 2005
GSXR750 - 2022
FZR250 - 1990
ZXR250A... project
KiwiMat
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby blackryder » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:13 pm

overall good vid mat....a few suggestions

rear camera just mounted slightly more up, as you suggested it would.
front camera is pretty spot on, can just see the front tyre working away and a good overall picture of the oncoming road.
The ratio to front to rear camera is ok, but maybe edit in some fancy screen change, eg, pixilate to new camera or fancy screen shot to new camera position. Maybe even a split screen for a little bit, of exact same part of road, but both cameras showing, edit it around a little, dont be scared to use a little flair, it will look great, and if it doesnt,..everyone here will let you know...lol
Maybe even some decent music in background, bike sound is good, but generally unless its a super duke or a Duke sound, its just a bike sound, most of us i'm sure use ear plugs, so we all know what a bike sounds like and we try to drown it out at times. Some bike sounds are good.

All in all Mat, excellent little vid, cant wait for more installments.
:kuda:
Ofcourse its....... "black"
blackryder
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: Queensland

Postby KiwiMat » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:18 pm

blackryder wrote:overall good vid mat....a few suggestions

rear camera just mounted slightly more up, as you suggested it would.
front camera is pretty spot on, can just see the front tyre working away and a good overall picture of the oncoming road.
The ratio to front to rear camera is ok, but maybe edit in some fancy screen change, eg, pixilate to new camera or fancy screen shot to new camera position. Maybe even a split screen for a little bit, of exact same part of road, but both cameras showing, edit it around a little, dont be scared to use a little flair, it will look great, and if it doesnt,..everyone here will let you know...lol
Maybe even some decent music in background, bike sound is good, but generally unless its a super duke or a Duke sound, its just a bike sound, most of us i'm sure use ear plugs, so we all know what a bike sounds like and we try to drown it out at times. Some bike sounds are good.

All in all Mat, excellent little vid, cant wait for more installments.

thanks for the feedback blacky!!
not sure if my editing program does the split screen, will check it out. i tryed putting some tunes behind the video, and got copyright messages from utube, and somehow that gave google the right to put ads in my video...!!?? so i pissed the music off, and its a great excuse to drag the guitar and digital recorder out and make some backing music of my own. BMW guys said maybe some more commentry with text on screen coming and going.

cheers
Kiwimat
ZX12R - 2005
GSXR750 - 2022
FZR250 - 1990
ZXR250A... project
KiwiMat
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby blackryder » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:31 pm

any chance of re-doing the vid again, and lets see it with the new changes, viewing them this way, will also show you what works and what doesnt, i'm not sure about text appearing, it might take your eye off what is really happening on the road, the front camera really gets you to visualise the road and really get into it, you can really feel like your actually doing it, and if words start appearing, it may distract a little....maybe. Unsure on how to get around the music problem, others on here may be able to help there.
very keen to watch any new changes you can do...we will wait
Ofcourse its....... "black"
blackryder
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: Queensland

Return to General Discussion