Why we hate bike dealers.....Bikebiz.

General Discussion

Why we hate bike dealers.....Bikebiz.

Postby Glen » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:05 pm

I haven't had a bike serviced at a bike dealers for years but the MT09 is new so I thought I'd take it back to Bike Biz for it's first service........what a mistake.

I went to drop it off at 8.00 on Friday but at 8.25 noone is around. I had shit to do so left, rang them and dropped it in at 10.30....two trips instead of one. Got a loan bike so that was OK, picked it up at 5.30, got home, checked it over and the phucksticks have scratched the shit out of the front guard and the screen (theyve oversprayed something onto it and the work experience kid has tried to scratch it off) Result.... $200 screen is phucked and nice little scratch marks in the front guard which I'll have to buff out. I'm pumped..............
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Re: Why we hate bike dealers.....Bikebiz.

Postby z900/zx9 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:54 pm

That sucks,hope they are going to fix it,Kazz and I always had our bikes serviced by Kon at High octane motorcycles but now with her riding a BMW and me with the H2 that's not possible.Obviously the BMW needs specific diagnostic stuff, at least with the H2 there is only one mechanic at an authorized H2 dealer allowed to do any work on it at all so if something does go wrong you know exactly who to talk to.They must wear gloves before even touching the bike ;) Hope it all gets sorted people really don't give a shit about other peoples stuff these days.
http://tinypic.com/hu369k.jpg[/img]
[b]Z900, z900RS , H2 Ninja 1000 Supercharged. FPV Supercharged Pursuit ute..
z900/zx9
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby smithy5 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:00 am

BikeBiz is known for that type of shit.....

They put second hand bolts on a warranty job on my bike...

Another member here had his bike dropped by the apprentice getting it off the Dyno and they denied it till the cows came home...
Not sure how he got on in the end....

Be thankful, we have Allfixed :kuda:
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

Postby h.b.bear » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:41 am

Before handing it over take a heap of photos of your bike and make sure you to make sure you do it in front of them, at least you have something to fall back on
h.b.bear
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby bonester » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:29 am

Got pitted cams on my good ZRX. Some time ago Kawasaki agreed to fix them, with the proviso that the local clowns do the work. MY ZRX has a BRAND NEW TANK on it, as well as other parts so I'm not cool with this. Additionally I wouldn't trust them with a pushbike, (judging by stuff ups on my bikes as well as others I know of) so will end up doing and paying for it myself. Ivan Tighe quoted me just over $500 to resurface the cams with whatever grind I want. Will see if Kawasaki will pay for that. Wish me luck. :(
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby bonester » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:53 am

My local dealer redid the cams on my ZZR1200 under warranty- the wiring harness was rerouted incorrectly, re-usable cable ties lost and no ties done, was low on coolant and oil when I got it AND they charged me nearly $100 for a WARRANTY JOB- when I complained they said 'if you don't pay you won't be getting your bike back.' I said 'OK I'll pay for it but will NEVER return.' Mechanic was a smartarse when I brought it back for him to top up the oil, coolant and replace the cable ties with normal ones because he lost the original reusable ones.
Ten years later and now I own SEVEN Kawasakis (2 X ZRX1200R, 3 X ER6n, GT550 and ZZR250) I spend my money elsewhere. Bought a couple of new Kawasakis since then too.
Mate of mine bought a new KLR650 from them against my advice- first service, instead of removing sump plug and oil, they left it in and put in an equal amount of oil- he turned up at my place with DOUBLE the oil in it that it should. He didn't learn from that- first front tyre they fitted to it, they fitted it BACKWARDS, didn't seat the bead so tyre was crooked on the rim, and broke the speedo drive in his front hub....clowns. :x
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Jonno » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:15 am

bonester wrote: 'if you don't pay you won't be getting your bike back.'

they cant hold your vehicle for payment against your will in a dispute or for any reason and a call to the fuzz will sort this out, all in the consumer laws and property laws or something?? unless they have not completed the work which means another reason not to pay. Anyway as I said they cannot hold your vehicle.

Yep they get grasshopper apprenti's on the job, i have had everything from loose axle bolts, front tyre fitted backwards, wrong chain, usual fairing screws missing, fuel missing, wrong oil used, blinkers falling off broken... On dirtbikes it has been worse mainly because they do stuff they were not asked to do and didn't do stuff they were meant to do :roll:
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby robracer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Glen was that the Parra store? team mofo at Blacktown are closer & I havent heard anything negative from them & have purchased 2 bikes there but no servicing.
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Clarkixlc » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:56 pm

I'm stupidly paranoid about going to a new mechanic with my zx12r. For years I've been going to the one mechanic with my ZRX and my old man has had the same shop work on his bikes over the past 30 years. And now I've moved an hour away I still think I'm gonna make the ride out to get him to look after it.

Never had any damage, any issues, anything done wrong ( apart from forgetting to put right angle valves in my ZRX when I asked him whilst changing my tyres) I think that's the least of my drama. Bike was always like brand new when I got it back.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Wattie » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:45 pm

I've heard a lot of horror stories about team mofo. Especially with tire changes.
Steer clear
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby goanna_38 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Years ago I bought a ZZR1100 from a Kawasaki dealer on the north side of Brisbane. On the test ride it was obvious that the steering head bearings were buggered. I said I'd buy it but I wanted the bearings replaced.
"Not a problem I was told, come back tomorrow."
Returned the next day and the bearings were fine so I handed over the cash and was on my way.
Fast forward 12 months and the steering head bearings were buggered again. Pulled it apart myself to find the bottom bearing was full of grit. Grit that had gotten in through the gap that's usually occcupied by a seal, but in this case the seal was absent.
When I rang them to advise them of their cockup I was told that the seals in the aftermarket bearings didn't fit properly, so they didn't bother with them. When I mentioned that they were a Kawasaki dealer and as such had easy access to the correct seals he got all defensive. Harsh words were spoken and then he hung up on me. I was less than impressed with this level of customer service.
If a man says something, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?
goanna_38
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZZR1100

Postby bonester » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Aftermarket bearings don't come with the seal. often. I haven't seals in either of my ZRXes, Lotsa grease keeps the shit out.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby goanna_38 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Funnily enough I purchased an original seal from a dealer (a different one) and it was neither expensive nor difficult to fit. Why they didn't fit one when all they had to do was walk 8 feet to the parts counter and grab one was beyond me. I owned the bike for another 6 years after that and the bearings were still fine the day I hit a kangaroo on it.
If a man says something, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?
goanna_38
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZZR1100

Postby Glen » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:09 pm

robracer wrote:Glen was that the Parra store? team mofo at Blacktown are closer & I havent heard anything negative from them & have purchased 2 bikes there but no servicing.

Yep. They had the best deal on the bike so thought I'd give them the servicing (at least the first service). Anything I can't do from here on will be going to Glenn.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Possum » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:30 pm

Sucks to hear Glen. Hope u get it sorted without being out of pocket. Might hav a battle on your hands though.
Ive had similar experience now theres not much faith in the local establishments here in SA, so what i cant do myself i rideback to VIC for..

Soooo sad.
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Next

Return to General Discussion