Why we hate bike dealers.....Bikebiz.

General Discussion

Re: Why we hate bike dealers.....Bikebiz.

Postby tim » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:16 am

Possum wrote:Sucks to hear Glen. Hope u get it sorted without being out of pocket. Might hav a battle on your hands though.
Ive had similar experience now theres not much faith in the local establishments here in SA, so what i cant do myself i rideback to VIC for..

Soooo sad.

:shock: Surely there's a good bike mechanic around you Poss!!!
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby billwest » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:31 am

I prefer to use a workshop not attached to any dealer, one which is independent.
In Perth we have Motorcycle Masters, run by a number of dedicated mechanics who look after your bike, and do an excellent job.
Unlike the dealers, they do more than just wash the bike and shine the tyres.
Don't ride as if you own the road.......
Ride as if you own the bike!

ZZR1200 ('02), FJR1300 ('19).
billwest
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR1200
State: Western Australia

Postby Nelso » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Glen wrote:I haven't had a bike serviced at a bike dealers for years but the MT09 is new so I thought I'd take it back to Bike Biz for it's first service........what a mistake.

See if you get in contact with the owners. The people that work for them often don't care, but I'll bet the owner would be unhappy about this kind of thing ruining their reputation.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby Possum » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:33 pm

tim wrote:
Possum wrote:Sucks to hear Glen. Hope u get it sorted without being out of pocket. Might hav a battle on your hands though.
Ive had similar experience now theres not much faith in the local establishments here in SA, so what i cant do myself i rideback to VIC for..

Soooo sad.

:shock: Surely there's a good bike mechanic around you Poss!!!

Hey Tim, there's a few dealers, but Nelso nailed it. In most cases its the paid muppets that dont give a toss.
Im not going into all my experiences with bike shops here, but apparently you need to know the right butt to kiss.

Theres quite a few backyard butchers, its just a matter of how well u know them and how urgent you need your bike back.
For now im happy to stick with my original dealer in Rochester Vic.
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Postby MadKaw » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:31 am

Damn.!!!!

Haven't had a bike serviced at a dealer for ages... I think Parrys was the last dealer to service one of my bikes..

My garage has been fine... so far..
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Glen » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:13 pm

I used the old Parramatta Kawasaki and Richard at Narellan when the Crim was in warranty. Richard was good
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby robcig » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:02 pm

Hey Glen, hope you're well. I bought my Rex from Bikebiz at Granville and although I believe I did get a good deal at the time, let me share my experience thereafter. They told me they did a full service on the bike, it had only 8,000 k's so I wasn't too worried...until I got home and realised the vibration in the bars was caused by not one missing engine mount bolt, but TWO missing engine mount bolts. The clutch also had a nasty shudder, and lo and behold, there was very little fluid in the master cylinder. The rear brakes also had very little fluid and lastly, the radiator coolant was lower than low, (hence the overheating). I called the salesman and gave him a serve. To his credit, he picked up the bike the following evening (in the back of ute) and took it away for a proper service. I stupidly went back to them about three months later for a new set of Pirelli Angels and they gouged not one but two chunks out of my beautiful unmarked gold rims (where the wheel weights were). I mentioned this to the Service Manager who told me to buy some paint and touch it up!!! Lastly, I needed a major service on the Rex last month (thanks Allfixed), so I called the service department to get a quote. A young lady said someone would call me back, still waiting. I then called the Service Manager who was busy, and was told he'd call me back, still waiting. In my opinion, they are a bunch of amateurs. I would not let them touch my lawnmower let alone my pride and joy. I will not, I repeat, will not ever step foot in their store ever again!
robcig

Postby robcig » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:09 pm

Wattie wrote:I've heard a lot of horror stories about team mofo. Especially with tire changes.
Steer clear

Interesting, cause I thought I'd give them an opportunity as I needed tyres on my Triumph. I explained my predicament with another dealer, and they said the rims would be returned to me unmarked...WRONG, scratches on both front and rear.
robcig

Postby Glen » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Sorry to hear about the issues with your ZRX robcig. I haven't followed up with them because I got no interest at all. I'll speak with my wallet from now on and will never spend another cent with them. If I have another issue which requires a Yamaha dealer I'll find anyone else.Oother than anything that requires a warranty fix I'll be getting everything from Glenn at Allfixed. Had numerous tyres done and never a problem, plus he's a good bloke :)
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Disco » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:42 am

Does anybody know what the BIG NEWS was that the bloke who workes there was talking about at supers?....Oh and he could get parts cheap :twisted: :lol:
Stopping=Crashing!
Disco
Team Monster

Bike: ZX6R
State: Please Select a State

Previous

Return to General Discussion