So I didn't get 14 or busa.

General Discussion

So I didn't get 14 or busa.

Postby Clarkixlc » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Picked this up today. Pretty comfy for a sports bike. (Comming from the zrx) shit tonnes quicker also.

One owner. 20ks. Pretty clean. Well for a 10 year old bike. It's got the radial brakes being 05 model.

And for the price I couldn't say no.

The Motor and gearbox ride like brand new. Which is a bit of a change from my 70k zrx gear box.

Just gotta learn how to ride with clip ons again haha.

Don't get me wrong. The only reason I got this is I wanted a change after stacking the ZRX. the Rex was the most fun I've had on a bike. I just wanted something different. So I'm not knocking the zrx in any way.

Cheers for your help in the other thread fellas.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Re: So I didn't get 14 or busa.

Postby ZXR750 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:42 pm

That looks shit......hot :lol: hard to believe they are that old well done
Remember, half the people you know are below average.
Bike 93 ZXR750
05 ZRX1200
05 DRZ400
ZXR750
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZXR750

Postby Gosling1 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Looks great !! the 05 model, I reckon it's the pick of the bunch ... :lol:

Awesome bike that will never disappoint with the top-end they have, even being 10 years old now.

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby JimZXR » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:17 pm

That looks pretty tidy, good choice!
Road, Sky, Road, Sky, Road..... Ambulance

1993 ZXR750 Track Bike
1994 ZXR750 Ongoing project
JimZXR
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby blackryder » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:23 pm

awesome bike, and i can say from experience, i had exactly that...an '05 model black (hence where i got my name from..blackryder)
i regret....i'll say it again...I REGRET ever selling it, it only had 24-25k on clock and rode like it was straight from the shop.
Damn damn the missus for making me sell it, 'pay the bills...she says'....well, F*#$ the bills love, riding this beauty is everything anyone needs.

Let me know when your selling it....i'm first dibs.

Mate, you will NOT regret owning a '12', could never fault mine, and this picture is spitting image of my old one.....actually.....hmmm,...is this mine???...hmmm.
Ofcourse its....... "black"
blackryder
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R
State: Queensland

Postby Glen » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:23 pm

Great pick up with only 20,000k's.

Congratulations
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Clarkixlc » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:39 pm

blackryder wrote:awesome bike, and i can say from experience, i had exactly that...an '05 model black (hence where i got my name from..blackryder)
i regret....i'll say it again...I REGRET ever selling it, it only had 24-25k on clock and rode like it was straight from the shop.
Damn damn the missus for making me sell it, 'pay the bills...she says'....well, F*#$ the bills love, riding this beauty is everything anyone needs.

Let me know when your selling it....i'm first dibs.

Mate, you will NOT regret owning a '12', could never fault mine, and this picture is spitting image of my old one.....actually.....hmmm,...is this mine???...hmmm.

Yeh mate it rides as tight as a nun.
And I don't think so. This is a one owner special. Bought it from an older bloke who decided sport bikes weren't for him any more and bought a cruiser.
But after the quick ride home I don't think I'm going to be getting bored of this any time soon.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Clarkixlc » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:42 pm

Glen wrote:Great pick up with only 20,000k's.

Congratulations

Yeh mate. It was pure luck I decided to have a search for zx12s as my search for a busa/zx14 was frustrating me a bit with how much people wanted for their name. (Not that they aren't great bikes). But for the money I paid for this I have money left over for a few little mods and parts I need. And a new helmet which I need from my stack.

This is my first injected bike and the gearbox is so solid. It just slots straight in.

Already have a list of things I want to do as things never stay stock for long haha.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby greenmeanie » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:26 pm

Looks sweet! :)
Congrats! 8) :kuda:
Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Smitty » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:44 pm

.. sweet ride, well done ! :D

(but heck, I am biased :kuda: )
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

State: Victoria

Postby dastardly » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi Clark how are you enjoying your 12, spend a lot of time at the petrol station? I have an 02 mod love it and the gear box as you said beautiful, I found I need to keep high tyre pressure in the front 41psi or it won't go around corners are you running a 200 rear tyre a lot recommend a 190/55 to make it drop in a lot quicker enjoy Craig
dastardly

Postby Clarkixlc » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:41 pm

dastardly wrote:Hi Clark how are you enjoying your 12, spend a lot of time at the petrol station? I have an 02 mod love it and the gear box as you said beautiful, I found I need to keep high tyre pressure in the front 41psi or it won't go around corners are you running a 200 rear tyre a lot recommend a 190/55 to make it drop in a lot quicker enjoy Craig

Hey mate.
Yeh. I found it likes to drink a bit. But I didn't buy it because I wanted fuel economy haha.
I've actually just put a new set of hoops on. Back to standard 200/50 as I wanted to see how it felt with them. The Previous owner had squared off 190/50 on there and as they were squared I couldn't really tell how it went.
I'm not a top rider and I doubt I'll get to the edge of the 200 but it feels fine to me on the few hundred kms I've ridden it.

I'm slowly getting used to the bike as I really loved my old bike. And this is completely different to what I thought I would of ended up with. There is plenty of power for me and after I sort the brakes out (braided lines and sintered pads) I probably won't spend anything on the barge as I want to get myself a KLR/DR 650 to do some adventure stuff.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby ZXR750 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:32 am

Clarkixlc wrote:
dastardly wrote:Hi Clark how are you enjoying your 12, spend a lot of time at the petrol station? I have an 02 mod love it and the gear box as you said beautiful, I found I need to keep high tyre pressure in the front 41psi or it won't go around corners are you running a 200 rear tyre a lot recommend a 190/55 to make it drop in a lot quicker enjoy Craig

Hey mate.
Yeh. I found it likes to drink a bit. But I didn't buy it because I wanted fuel economy haha.
I've actually just put a new set of hoops on. Back to standard 200/50 as I wanted to see how it felt with them. The Previous owner had squared off 190/50 on there and as they were squared I couldn't really tell how it went.
I'm not a top rider and I doubt I'll get to the edge of the 200 but it feels fine to me on the few hundred kms I've ridden it.

I'm slowly getting used to the bike as I really loved my old bike. And this is completely different to what I thought I would of ended up with. There is plenty of power for me and after I sort the brakes out (braided lines and sintered pads) I probably won't spend anything on the barge as I want to get myself a KLR/DR 650 to do some adventure stuff.

If you are thinking of a DR650 then you should also look at the DRZ-400. I think it is a better bike and just as easy to set up for adventure riding.
Remember, half the people you know are below average.
Bike 93 ZXR750
05 ZRX1200
05 DRZ400
ZXR750
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Clarkixlc » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:28 am

ZXR750 wrote:
Clarkixlc wrote:

Hey mate.

If you are thinking of a DR650 then you should also look at the DRZ-400. I think it is a better bike and just as easy to set up for adventure riding.

I thinking of the DR for the bigger engine capacity on the highways and the bullet proof air cooled motor.
I'm a bigger guy also and I think the little extra torque would be better for me.
Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Clarkixlc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:17 pm

Picked up some second hand crg levers for half the price of new ones and they haven't got a mark on them.

Got some mirror block off plates just need to find some bar end mirrors so I don't get pinged no mirrors.

Next is to get a major service done and fix the valve cover leak and throw on braided lines and HH pads.

Then it's time to save for the full brocks. And then get the enduro style side panels and get the entire bike resprayed and just enjoy it. And as much as I'd like to say that's all I'll do. It's probably a lie.

Clarkixlc
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Next

Return to General Discussion