Wet Riding

General Discussion

Re: Wet Riding

Postby blackryder » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Rain is definitely not my forte'.
if its raining, or it will rain with a 99% possibility, i take the car, or stay home.
I believe, some have the purpose to ride in the rain...i dont, not that i cant ride in the rain...i just choose not to ride in the rain.
Generally you get wet, your clothes get wet, your bike gets wet, you get cold, theres too much cleaning afterwards, bike , clothes and yourself....as you can see, theres too many negatives to actually go riding in the rain.
I understand, sometimes you get caught in the rain...i have no problem with this (other than the odd curse & swear under my helmet). I'm sure there is many here saying "you should practice in the rain incase your stuck in it one day".
"News flash everyone"....if you can ride on the road on a beautiful sunny day....you can ride in the rain, yes you need to be more careful, and watch everything better, but this is what we call 'riding a bike'. The aspects of riding in the rain are certainly different, but the act of doing it still remains the same.
I commend those that do and need to ride in the rain, some people dont have a choice, i currently do have a choice...so i do not.
:kuda:
Ofcourse its....... "black"
blackryder
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R
State: Queensland

Re: Wet Riding

Postby Possum » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:11 am

blackryder wrote:Rain is definitely not my forte'.
if its raining, or it will rain with a 99% possibility, i take the car, or stay home.
I believe, some have the purpose to ride in the rain...i dont, not that i cant ride in the rain...i just choose not to ride in the rain.
Generally you get wet, your clothes get wet, your bike gets wet, you get cold, theres too much cleaning afterwards, bike , clothes and yourself....as you can see, theres too many negatives to actually go riding in the rain.
I understand, sometimes you get caught in the rain...i have no problem with this (other than the odd curse & swear under my helmet). I'm sure there is many here saying "you should practice in the rain incase your stuck in it one day".
"News flash everyone"....if you can ride on the road on a beautiful sunny day....you can ride in the rain, yes you need to be more careful, and watch everything better, but this is what we call 'riding a bike'. The aspects of riding in the rain are certainly different, but the act of doing it still remains the same.
I commend those that do and need to ride in the rain, some people dont have a choice, i currently do have a choice...so i do not.
:kuda:

Soft lol :P 8)
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Previous

Return to General Discussion