Go pro - Illegal.!!!

General Discussion

Re: Go pro - Illegal.!!!

Postby mick12 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:49 am

after reading the coments and asuming the camera mount is not drilled the attachment is not actualy on the helmet but rather on the skin decal itself which is aplied after the helmet shell is constructed making a thin insulating layer between what ever and the shell if stickers or adhesives are so bad wouldnt that make ADR complince labels illegal as well
If it aint broke don't fix it just gain more horsepower
mick12
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R
State: Queensland

Postby dutchy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:10 am

mick12 wrote:... if stickers or adhesives are so bad wouldnt that make ADR complince labels illegal as well

Maybe they need to ADR compliance label the ADR compliance label? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Postby Jonno » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:46 am

Different types of adhesive compounds, some are more likely to compromise the skin and other layers, ....apparently.... :?

Someone here might actually be bothered to read the Aus standards for helmets and inform us properly.

I couldnt be farked TBH. :lol:
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby Sulli » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Jonno wrote:Different types of adhesive compounds, some are more likely to compromise the skin and other layers, ....apparently.... :?

Someone here might actually be bothered to read the Aus standards for helmets and inform us properly.

I couldnt be farked TBH. :lol:

TBH unless the go-pro is tested with every helmet on the market it may be noncomplying for fitment as an approved adr like most of the aftermarket exhausts may not comply with adr.(so you can be fined)

Also you may note some trackday promoters will not allow helmet fitted cameras but all bike fitted ones.

comes down to buyer be ware make sure its legal for the intended use and have that in writing if not move on.
Nostradamus probably got it right
Sulli
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX9R

Postby koyote » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:58 pm

Yes a lot of race organizations have banned mounting go pros to the helmut the reason is - there is the odd wanker out there that has bolted the mount through the helmut--- the other reason is that when one lands on there head as the mount hits the tar or dirt it puts a lot more stress on the neck to the point where it may tilt youre head forward so the chin piece contacts the collar bone usually about midway which is the weakest point and SNAP---or if you are unlucky break youre neck im amazed they are still using them in the AMA motocross but hey that's in the land of im f####### if i know
koyote
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Postby StevieD » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:52 pm

FYI......... the ticket was withdrawn and the issuing member was 're-educated' by senior members.
StevieD
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: ACT

Postby dilligaf » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:09 pm

StevieD wrote:FYI......... the ticket was withdrawn and the issuing member was 're-educated' by senior members.

On facebook today he said it hasn't been withdrawn. So it drags on....
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900

Postby StevieD » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:55 pm

dilligaf wrote:
StevieD wrote:FYI......... the ticket was withdrawn and the issuing member was 're-educated' by senior members.

On facebook today he said it hasn't been withdrawn. So it drags on....

Well I have it from a reliable source.....so not sure what is going on then
StevieD
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: ACT

Postby Sulli » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:28 pm

So I take that as he was taken to the cells and had the shit kicked out of him then released to spread the word of his errors :roll:
Nostradamus probably got it right
Sulli
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Cshat » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:30 pm

www.youtube.com/user/cshatfireball have a look at my vid about gopro mounting to helmets
I love all bikes, but the naked ones get me going
Cshat
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Z750

Postby Greedy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:38 pm

before you worry about if your gopro is legal your helmet probably isn't

http://www.roadrider.com.au/special-features/state-of-helmets
Greedy
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby Greedy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Standards Australia was broken up by the Commonwealth Government and the “Quality Assurance Services” (QAS) commercial Certification service sold off to private buyers in December 2003. Since that time, there have been no stickers, Marks, or labels of any kind issued by Standards Australia for use on any products. There are commercial stickers that look like the old Standards Mark and some commercial trademarks are even called that, but that’s just part of the confusion.

For motorcycle riders in the ACT, Victoria, Tasmania, SA and WA, this means that ANY new motorcycle helmet is illegal to use under their Road Rules. The consequences at law are identical for using a high-quality, safe helmet from Europe, Japan or the USA as for using a helmet with Australian Standard qualifications.
Greedy
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZRX

Postby dilligaf » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:49 am

this is before the Vic courts now

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-or ... b7c40d29bc

been adjourned until end of Feb.
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900

Postby greenmeanie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:41 am

Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby smithy5 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Now they are onto tinted visors...... http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/helmet-hassles-bikers-accuse-police-of-giving-out-petty-visor-fines/story-fni0fit3-1227147660982

And to stop people not nominating a driver in a Company vehicle for a Camera offence you get this........
10806441_10152118233377325_560473741057989400_n.jpg
10806441_10152118233377325_560473741057989400_n.jpg (34.5 KiB) Viewed 8268 times

Received a speeding fine in the mail today, doing 104kms in a 100km zone. The fine was $2952.00. Thought there must have been a mistake so I called civic compliance victoria and I was informed that this is how much they charge for a corporation or company unless a nominated driver is submitted. What an absolute joke. How can they literally charge this sought of amount. This goes to show revenue raising at its finest. Companies and corporations are ripped off blind. I am taking it to show my local MP and please everyone repost this to show how our state government in Victoria rips offs its citizens for sake of raising money. Civic Compliance Victoria you are just thieves...... (Corey Verhey via Facebook)

You Mexicans have the nastiest Coppers in the Country......
Although watching some of those TV cop shows, some of you deserve what you get ;) :lol: :lol:
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion