to remove the helmet or not?

General Discussion

Re: to remove the helmet or not?

Postby Jeebz10R » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 am

Geeez

Just take the lid off, is it that much of an issue that some poor bastard behind the counter has to sweat it out just coz you're too lazy to take off your lid. Hes only following store policy.

If you have brand new carpet and some mofo refuses to remove his shoes because his socks feel right, would you be happy?
Its like removing a hat when you walk in doors, be polite and considerate.

If you dont want to remove your lid then pay at the pump with your card.

There are far more issues to kick up a stink about. If you feel descriminated against, take it to court, waste your time and money and see how far that will get you.

What would be interesting to see the lady in a burka rock up with a lid on and see what the reaction is. No.... dont go getting her a helmet.
Jeebz10R
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby sneakypete » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:11 am

sorry, cant agree with leaving your helmet on...

you aren't being discriminated against, its merely a security policy...which can be enforced with affecting race/religion..
dont want to sound rude, but so what if you have to re-adjust your earplugs? these people in servos have to worry about getting robbed, and really should be vigilant to protect themselves as much as possible. get a flip up helmet if it is such a big deal, and that way everyone is happy, Your helmet stays on, they can see your face.
i used to do motorbike courier work, without a flip up helmet, so i used to get sick of putting it on, then off, on, then off...ad nauseum..

the area of the burka however is tough, coz we are SUPPOSED to be a tolerant and multicultural society, but we are gunshy of those in the full muslim garb - coz they MIGHT be about to blow us up (so to speak). i take your point and think it needs to be addressed, but i dont believe that it impacts on you.
1990 Honda RS250GP bike (race bike)
1992 Suzuki Across (GSX250)
1993 Honda CBR600
1995 Honda RVF400 (race bike)
1999 Kawasaki ZX9R
2005 Kawasaki Z1000
sneakypete
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Z1000

Postby Jonno » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:27 am

Jeebz10R wrote:Geeez

Just take the lid off, is it that much of an issue that some poor bastard behind the counter has to sweat it out just coz your too lazy to take off your lid. He's only following store policy.

If you have brand new carpet and some mofo refuses to remove his shoes because his socks feel right, would you be happy?
Its like removing a hat when you walk in doors, be polite and considerate.

If you don't want to remove your lid then pay at the pump with your card.

There are far more issues to kick up a stink about. If you feel discriminated against, take it to court, waste your time and money and see how far that will get you.

What would be interesting to see the lady in a burka rock up with a lid on and see what the reaction is. No.... dont go getting her a helmet.

I agree!!!!

And having worked on the other side of the counter at a fuel station on night and arvo shifts and having crazy f*kers come in for whatever and stealing shite, the least you can do is help a poorly paid attendant by not making his/her anxiety levels higher ffs!

And stuff it I am going to be rude!!!!!!

To Bris 9R dude and 6maniac!

Can you actually empathize with them or are you totally selfish and self centred to think you deserve better than them and even though you know you wont rob them how the hell do they know that, stats or no stats?

Have you ever had a firearm pointed at you or shoved under your chin? I doubt it.

There is a reason they have that policy in stores, if you cant work it out then perhaps it should be spelt out to you.

1. your helmet isn't a religious necessity or item, as a biker riding is my religion but I would reckon you don't have this concept in your pea brain. :lol:

2. Your helmet isn't required to prevent a religious and vicious beating or stoning from your husband or community but would really be helpful in such a case. :roll:

3. There was a time when armed robbers used helmets regularly to actually hide their identities *duh* and they still do...These days hoodies and caps are easier...

4. I can tell you when a helmeted guy/person rocks up to the counter from my point of view it does get the adrenalin going and the stress levels significantly rise.

5.Big brother needs a nice video head shot of you for their records to match your bike out at the pump and credit card, so brush your hair and smile...

Lastly and most importantly....
6. How in the hell will my baseball bat I keep under the counter for such assholes like you be effective if you have a bloody helmet on for f*ks sake :twisted: Makes it so much harder on my back to swing those extra 6 swings into your knees and ribcage you stupid prik... :twisted: :lol: :lol: :P

Sheesh, what an idiot!

Just take the bloody thing off like the rest of us moron... :roll:

Maybe the fuel station attendants should be trained SAS or swat team members with helmets on for such customers!

**rant over***Just made my blood boil...***
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby mick_dundee » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:39 am

photomike666 wrote:As for the Burka, I'm a firm believer in when in Rome,

Folowing that logic Mike, Australia is a christian country, so the burka should then be outlawed...

photomike666 wrote:but what's more scary to the fuel attendant a big guy in biker gear and a crash hat or a little girl wearing a scarf?

We chose to ride bikes and accept the helmet law; there are far more serious issues bikers face in the discrimination stakes.

The burka is a bit ore than scarf Mike, it's a strip of hessian over your eyes and the rest of you covered. If this is allowed then why for example could I not go into a servo wearing a full ninja outfit?

Again not trying to villify a religion here but hopefully you can follow the logic. Fwiw I never take my helmet off and never here a complaint either..
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki
State: Victoria

Postby robracer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:44 am

Geez Jonno, its cold shower time :P
Hasn't this turned into a nice little debate, but would be better without slaming Bris 9R for having an opinion :lol:
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Jonno » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:46 am

robracer wrote:Geez Jonno, its cold shower time :P
Hasn't this turned into a nice little debate, but would be better without slaming Bris 9R for having an opinion :lol:

Yeah was harsh huh!

Sorry for that :oops:

Still my point is still the the same. 8)
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Postby fireyrob » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:54 am

mick_dundee wrote: If this is allowed then why for example could I not go into a servo wearing a full ninja outfit?

I think this is one for the Chaser boys... Interestingly enough on an episode a couple of years back one of them went into a few different shops with a stocking pulled over their face! Obviously enough the attendants panicked even though the wearer was only asking for directions or offering to pay for goods... :?

Jonno wrote:Have you ever had a firearm pointed at you or shoved under your chin? I doubt it.

Its not the reality but the perception of someone wearing a helmet from past experiences! The young kid could have been held up recently or who knows what has happened to that same service station?

If you don't like their guidelines its simple, shop elsewhere!
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000

Postby robracer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:58 am

Jonno wrote:Have you ever had a firearm pointed at you or shoved under your chin? I doubt it.

I have been involved in an armed hold up in the local bank & no balaclavas or helmets were used :shock: can happen any way, anywhere, anytime :shock:
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Jeebz10R » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:27 pm

robracer wrote:

I have been involved in an armed hold up in the local bank & no balaclavas or helmets were used :shock: can happen any way, anywhere, anytime :shock:

:shock:

What did the judge give you?
Jeebz10R
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby robracer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:46 pm

:P was waiting for that :lol:
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Jeebz10R » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:36 pm

:lol: :lol:

Nice to know you can actually make light of an otherwise pretty crappy situation to be in.
Jeebz10R
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Stereo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:47 pm

As a biker there are a few things you have to get used to:
1. Sometimes you get wet
2. You have to take your helmet off when going into a shop (unless you have one of those fliptop jobbies)
3. They search your bag at the supermarket every day

Its just something I am used to now.
The world is round. It has no point.
Stereo
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Location: Pt Cook, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Pacific Ocean, Earth
State: Victoria

Postby Shifty » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:46 pm

Stop causing issues with people who probably hate us already; take your helmet off.
Shifty
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX12R

Postby BrisZX9R » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Jonno....
#1 yes I've had a gun pointed at me.. Several times, yes I've been shot at, to many times to count, yes I've had my vehicle blown up by an IED (Improvised Explosive Device), yes I've had mortars lobed in my general direction... hell I've even had a RPG fired at me... so I know what it's like to be shot at, so maybe you might want to wait on the judgement of you're the only one to have gone through something horrific.

#2 I never said my helmet or riding a bike was part of my religion, you might like to re-read my post. As for my pea brain... well several IQ tests given to me through 2 different countries armed forces and 2 Police departments, plus 1 state department of corrections disagree with your rather quick, uninformed and incorrect assessment.

#3 as you say… there WAS a time when people used their helmets for robberies. But how many have you heard of happening in the last 10yrs? How many people do you ask to remove their hoodies, baseball caps/beanies and sunglasses before you serve them? Yes I worked at a servo for a short time back in 1991, mainly night shift, so I know the feeling, however I didn’t hit the panic button if a bike rider walked in wearing his helmet, unless there was a group of them and they all did it. Yes I can sympathise, however it seems you can’t understand what I was saying. I just want to know if it’s good for one member of society, why isn’t it good for everyone. BTW the event I referred to was 9am on a weekday with the servo full of mothers fresh from dropping theirs kids of from school. It wasn’t at midnight with no one around.

#4 As for your baseball bat… hmmm well firstly... it might take a lil more than that... But please try anyway if I was wearing a helmet or not. I always enjoy a challenge. Secondly. You might like to look up the laws for assault and also self-defence. You better be sure the person you are about to hit is a) armed b) has threatened you or anyone else in the store and c) has the ability to carry out said threat. Otherwise you’ll be the moron behind bars.

As for your overall response, I’m sure you’ll be receptive and tolerant if/when you ask the forum a question and some over opinionated, uninformed guy hiding behind his keyboard fires off thinly veiled threats at you purely because it disagrees with his view.
BrisZX9R
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R

Postby Jonno » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Ok, my bad and I had brain fade, all I can say is I typed it with misdirected anger with some emotional past memories with similar incidents many years ago. Some of that was made in jest.. It was wrong to attack you and I apologise for the outburst. :oops:

BUT....

If you have been in these situations as you claim that's unfortunate, then why would you complain about having to remove your helmet knowing what you have experienced with insecure situations???
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion