Is this site officially dead.....

General Discussion

Re: Is this site officially dead.....

Postby Davethegreat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:35 am

I love this place, dead or alive it's still represents friendships of like minded people vs f@rkn FB with it's senseless trivia tsunami, which quite frankly gives me a head ache after a few minutes, thus I do not go in there any more. It's a bit like walking into a massive shopping centre for your now famous "milk & toilet paper" and having to walk by all the non relevant outlets trying impress upon you to get some of their shit, regardless whether you need it or not :roll:

:kuda: :kuda:
Davethegreat
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Yamaha
State: New South Wales

Postby javaman » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:05 pm

What do y'all mean theres no ride??? I ride more than ever now in fact tonight I'm riding to canberra on my old gpz750. Anyone want to catch up? I am doing canberra-putty on sunday. Leaving 5am ish
alien.gif andi - Red ZX6R, R6, GPZ900R
"my dad's motorbike is cool it is all ways clean.oheter pepole' s motorbikes
are't like my dad's one it's because their is one not always clean."
-ariel circa 2007
http://GPZninja.blogspot.com/
javaman
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: GPz900
State: Victoria

Postby billwest » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:34 am

Not quite dead yet, but there isn't much activity on here.

I manage a similar forum, here, and it has been overtaken by FB. It now only gets the odd post.
That FB page is a "group" setup, which means that if you're not on FB (I'm one of quite a few), you can't see it, ie it is a bit of a clique.
In response I set up a forum topic called NFB (Non FaceBook), and it is only visible to non-facebookers. The rest (facebooker) are giving me flack over it, telling me to "get with the times", and complain that they can't see its contents.
I have worked in IT (including IT security) for a long time, am "with the times", and don't want FB.

Anyway, I have just returned from my almost annual 8000km ride Perth to Phillip Island for the MotoGP (Great Ocean Road, Great Alpine Road) on the rebuilt ZZR1200, which ran superbly. Every time I come home from one of those rides, I tell the missus "no more", and she simply says "yeah, sure". I looked for KSRC flag at turn 1, didn't see it.

And, I became a Grandfather for the first time, while I was away. :D

I care more about riding than putting up with FB crap.
Don't ride as if you own the road.......
Ride as if you own the bike!

ZZR1200 ('02), ZRX1200S ('01).
billwest
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZZR1200
State: Western Australia

Previous

Return to General Discussion