Switch to full style
Info and discussion on KSRC tipping comps.
Post a reply

Re: Moto GP tipping comp 2013..

Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:14 pm

Can't log into tipping....but can login to forum via mobile. :cry:

Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:18 am

Maybe if you use the 2014 link....

Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:38 am

That works for me.... :oops:

Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:05 pm

kawadave wrote:That works for me.... :oops:

Well i was late...hehehe :kuda:

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:18 pm

DOH
Last edited by laidback on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:40 pm

perfect round and almost top 10!! :kuda: :kuda: best I've ever done

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Good round. Dovisioso is the man

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:48 am

Like I said before, I'm REALLY regretting missing a round :-(

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Hey guys were back on the '13 thread...hehehe

Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Just noticed that. Whoops

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:59 pm

laidback wrote:Maybe if you use the 2014 link....

lol... ;)

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:47 pm

In the interests of competition and increased equity, I wanted to make a suggestion for the next years tipping competition. I don't have a big problem with the way that it's set as it is and I do appreciate the work that Dave does in running the comp and I don't want to discourage him from doing it. I hope this is taken as constructive criticism or just an idea for thought.

The issue is that it becomes a complete lottery whenever it rains. Not because its impossible to pick a winner when it rains but because we currently put our tips in a day before the actual race and have no idea that its going to rain or be dry. Putting in the tips a day before also means that we have no idea who will actually be in the race because they have to do qualifying and warm up and in either situation people can crash and get hurt (eg Miller in WU last weekend) and not be able to run. So the early picking makes it difficult for both the weather and injury.

So I was going to suggest that, if it is possible, we pick a pole person as a separate pick the day before the race and then we pick a race winner etc on the day of the race.

OR we could drop pole and just pick race winner etc etc on the day.

I'm not particularly worried if it stays the same as I will still play for the fun of it but just thought that the two wet races this year have highlighted a small issue that could be fixed. Don't know whether its easy for Dave to do that or not or whether it would cause to much work (which I wouldn't want to ask Dave to do either) but just thought I'd ask. Thanks

Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Its meant to be hard.

we are all in the same boat 8)

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:50 pm

well I think only two things should be that hard:

1) your dick when you want to have sex
2) beating the lap record

No doubt we are all in the same boat but I would rather be beaten by someone who chooses the right riders to win in a race because of the pickers superior intelligence and understanding then it just be a guessing game and a lottery.

Anyway it was just a suggestion if you don't like it don't change it.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:11 pm

I don't see how it's a lottery.

Some riders are known to be better than others in the wet. That's not guessing - that's knowing past performance.
If you're really keen, you can also google "forecast Misano Sunday" and get a good idea of what the weather will probably be like on race day. Not really guessing there either.
Post a reply