Bike stolen - ZX7R - NSW

Post details of stolen bikes and other items here.

Re: Bike stolen

Postby webcase » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Well done Wattie.Hopefully they catch the guy
webcase
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda
State: New South Wales

Postby dutchy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Police don't encourage the public to take things into their own hands, and will always say you should leave it up to them. It's a shame the bike didn't "fall" over on his leg during the struggle. It could have pinned him nicely. I'd like to say good try Wattie, but I can't. :twisted:

I just read this post and I know it's lengthy. There's some common logic points below. If your too lazy, don't bother. If you want to know some points on how to help then read on.

Like I said above, it is preferred by police that individuals don't get involved in a confrontation. It should be obvious that these people don't follow the same moral or ethic standards as the rest of us. You don't know what weapon they're carrying with them, what fighting experience they have, or what they're on, and you can bet your left nut that they are more desperate and motivated to keep themselves out of trouble than you are when your trying to get them into it.

Just a note to anyone that may recognise any stolen bike. Get straight on to 000, it's the quickest way to get any response. Don't call the local station thinking things will move faster. Your actually adding a 'middle man' into the mix (in Victoria anyway). If you call 000, they take the info and pass it directly onto the people on the ground. If you call the local station they take the info and relay it onto 000, who then have to collect the info from the station member, then repeat everything to the troops on the ground. It takes longer, and sometimes minutes count. (Like if your trying to catch a turd with a stolen motorcycle on the hop).

Take note of as much detail as you can. Get the plate number. If it's still the same, or another stolen one then so be it, but you never know what might come out of it (some of these people are not that smart) If you've seen them talking to somebody in another car get the rego of the car as well.

If you know a shop they have just been in, an address they attended, know where they have come from or have seen which way they were heading write it down. Also, Crooks need petrol too but unless someone knows the vehicle is stolen they'll go in and out of petrol stations all day, be recorded on cctv, and not draw attention to themselves.

DESCRIPTIONS PEOPLE!!! Get on it!! It's frustrating asking someone for a basic description such as "what colour hair" and having people say "......yeah......i don't know". Really? Because you just told me you were in a stand up, face to face argument for like 5 mins, and your telling me you can't remember if he was friggin blonde or brunnette. :x Descriptions are gold, especially scars, tattoos or other marks. If any crook has any from you can bet your sweet ass that the police have their scars and tattoos recorded. In the heat of the moment it might prove difficult, but try any way.

Sometimes crooks leave the dumbest shit lying about OR sometimes if they are in a hurry or involved in a struggle for some odd reason (like being attacked by a vigilante motorcycle enthusiast ninja kickboxer) they'll drop shit. Or during the struggle you might find that something of theirs has ended up in your possession somehow ;) If you get your hands on anything of theirs, like a phone, wallet, bank card or anything, hand it over. It might be a lead to the identitiy directly, or might have good fingerprints on it. Just remember, police prefer you don't get involved in any confrontation.

If they touch anything shinny or smooth, like your helmet, while your attempting to reverse spinning heal kick them to the head, take it into the station but understand that some times it just doesn't work as well as CSI might let you believe.

Police can't get the description, location, diet and centrelink details from a single strand of hair, that's bullshit, BUT more and more criminals are being DNA profiled everyday, so you never know.

If for some reason you confront a crook and explain to them that he is on a stolen bike then they might attack you. That's assault. If they happen to push you over while your attempting your best Bruce Lee flying axe kick maneuver and you fall and hurt yourself, report it to police. Then, when shit bag goes to court for the handle stolen goods, there'll also be other assault related charges attached. I'll say it again, police prefer you don't get involved in any confrontation.

I said handle stolen goods for the following reason. Just because someone has been found in possession of the property doesn't prove they actually stole it. Don't be discouraged when you hear that they are charged with handle instead of theft. The handle charges have just as much punch as the thefts themselves.

If you have seen or been involved in anything, write it all down asap. Write down every detail that you can recall. Where you were, the time/date, all the details. If anyone else has witnessed any thing, try to get their details as well even if it's just a name and phone number. They might have noticed something you missed.

Disclaimer: I don't know every thing. I might be wrong. I'm not advising or encouraging any one to do any thing. Hot chips are better with vinegar. I'm not taking responsibility for people actions after reading this post.
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Postby Wattie » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:13 pm

I said the to officer at the police station, that I understood it wasnt the right way to go about things, but she was just as pissed off as me that the other 2 guys didn't offer any help.
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby dutchy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Wattie wrote:I said the to officer at the police station, that I understood it wasnt the right way to go about things, but she was just as pissed off as me that the other 2 guys didn't offer any help.

It's a terrible trend. More and more people now days are preferring to take the easy road and not get involved, or maybe they're just too lazy. It is frustrating to say the least. I shit you not when I say that I have only recently heard a call to a job which was reported as a possible single car accident. A member of the public has stated that they saw a vehicle that appeared to have left the road. When police enquired to coms as to whether or not there was any injury and if ambulance was required the reply came back as "unknown, the complainant did not stop as they did not want to be involved". :x :x :x :x :x

Luckily, there is an offence for failing to render assistance at a crash scene.

As for what's the right and wrong way to go about things, I shouldn't comment ;)
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R

Postby tim » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:13 am

Awesome detective Wattie, I was wondering what was with the swollen ankle. I hope this 7 gets back to it's rightful owner ASAP!
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby smithy5 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:45 am

Wattie wrote:Coppers are pretty confident of getting DNA from hair in the helmet and hopefully getting a match.

You been watching too much CSI, they wouldn't bother for a stolen bike, unless the thieving bastard is suspected of other crimes as well. You should have chased (followed at a safe distance ;) ) the arsewipe and when he binned it without a helmet on, he would get what he deserved. Hopefully it's insured. I wouldn't want it back after what its probably been through.........
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter

Postby Wattie » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:51 am

smithy5 wrote:
Wattie wrote:Coppers are pretty confident of getting DNA from hair in the helmet and hopefully getting a match.

You been watching too much CSI, they wouldn't bother for a stolen bike, unless the thieving bastard is suspected of other crimes as well. .......

They were her words not mine mate.
All known crims are on a register.
They have fingerprinted the shit out of the place where the bike was stolen from also.
They must care a little at least.
Sounds like its not just a stolen bike, heaps of other stuff stolen also.
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Nelso » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:43 am

Nelso wrote:That's really fucked. Good luck with catching the bastards.

Naked Twin wrote:For what benefit, seriously how much coin are you going to make from stealing an older bike?

Chances are they had no idea what they were taking. You hear of plenty of idiots pinching bikes and then riding them around for months themselves. There are a lot of very stupid thieves around. :?

;)

Well done Wattman. The D's should be able to get the DNA out of the helmet from the skin or the root of a hair so hopefully they get this prick and get the bike back soon. Chances are they will have the DNA on record from other crimes and will be able to link them.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby KiwiMat » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Well done wattie, ur a fkn legend, hope some positive results evolve

KiwiMat
ZX12R - 2005
GSXR750 - 2022
FZR250 - 1990
ZXR250A... project
KiwiMat
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX12R

Postby MAXUMIS » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Wattie wrote:
smithy5 wrote:

You been watching too much CSI, they wouldn't bother for a stolen bike, unless the thieving bastard is suspected of other crimes as well. .......

They were her words not mine mate.
All known crims are on a register.
They have fingerprinted the shit out of the place where the bike was stolen from also.
They must care a little at least.
Sounds like its not just a stolen bike, heaps of other stuff stolen also.

Wattie is write they rampaged the hole unit,there were several things stollen including a 15000 dollar pushbike,the one thing that has me stuffed is they left a brand new triumph tripple naked thing there with monoblock brembo front calipers?
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby laidback » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:42 pm

MAXUMIS wrote:........the one thing that has me stuffed is they left a band new triumph tripple naked thing there with monoblock brembo front calipers? :roll:

Seems they should be charged with 'stupid' as well... This really should be a capital offence... :twisted:
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby MAXUMIS » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:47 pm

laidback wrote:
MAXUMIS wrote:........the one thing that has me stuffed is they left a band new triumph tripple naked thing there with monoblock brembo front calipers? :roll:

Seems they should be charged with 'stupid' as well... This really should be a capital offence... :twisted:

:lol: true mate!
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby dave#3 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Awesome job Wattman, you're a fuckin' genius!!
dave#3 | '03 z1000 roadie | '08 zx6r tracky | '03 KLX400R dirty
http://www.oz4x4.net/gallery2
Winner - KSRC Murphy's Law Award 2008
dave#3
Team Ninja

Bike: Z1000

Postby funky » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Well done Wattie, they sure are some big kahoonas you've got there mate 8)
06 ZX10R Green
93 ZXR750 Green
funky
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Cath » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Wattie, you rock!
I'm totally calling my firstborn "Wattie" in honour of your awesomeness!!! 8)
Road: 2005 ZX10R - not named yet
Road: 2008 Z750 - Kwak
Track: 2006 ZX6R - Yoshi (with a very Genki undertail)
Cath
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Stolen Bikes and Stuff