getting a new bike next week.

Re: getting a new bike next week.

Postby Jonno » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:58 pm

Congrats on the new pumpkin mate. 8)

This will get them deep rumblings happening inside ya to fire the Yz up :twisted:
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby Gosling1 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Glen wrote:....Nice work mate. Good to see an old dunger get out for a run. Nice to see an early model KTM out there as well :P....

yeh yeh I felt like an old dunger after 1/2 an hour mate.... :shock:

Jonno wrote:......Congrats on the new pumpkin mate. 8) ....This will get them deep rumblings happening inside ya to fire the Yz up :twisted:.......
\

cheers mate - its a great bike and I am heading out for another strop this weekend. The deep rumblings are there......the Kato is quick as buggery but comfy - the YZ is just a manic crazy nutcase bike. But the rumblings keep going........ :lol:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Gosling1 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:34 pm

well got through the first full morning's ride today with another bloke from CR who also has an EXC250, but his is an 09 model. Nice to ride .....

We did some easy hillclimbs and fire trail stuff, a couple of other locals (Sherco 300 and Husky 449) joined in for the rest of the morning, it ended up being a great morning with 4 of us belting around.

Did a lot more single-trail hectic rutted bullshit with big drop-offs than I was expecting for the first real ride - aah what the hell just jump in the deep end. I was a bit more conservative in the tight stuff than the others, but the bike worked really well - it is far more bike than I am rider.

Didn't fall off once - on the ride that is - until the very end of the morning. We had just come back down from the hills to the main junction with the Cotter road. About 500m from base......

I had stopped, one of the boys rode out onto the road, one waited for me - I took off and within 2 seconds was thumped onto the deck with a car coming up the hill !! Right as we had slowed and stopped - a length of fencing wire maybe 8m long somehow found itself in my front wheel. I never felt it until it just locked the front end, I slammed onto the tar directly in front of soccer-mum in her SUV with the kids pointing and laughing - and the 250 landed fair on my R ankle and knee.

It is the most bizarre prang I have ever had. We dragged the bike off the road and then saw the fencing wire !!! FMD there was a lot. Pulled it out, finished the ride and had a bourbon. Heaps fun and looking to do it again soon. The bike works really well, has heaps of mumbo and is just a huge buzz to ride. I will bung up some photos soon, it has some nice stickers now ;) :lol:
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby Wattie » Sun May 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Haha nice one Gos!
That stack cracked me up LOL
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby Gosling1 » Sun May 04, 2014 9:42 pm

fuck me it was totally weird :lol: :lol: poor chick in the car would have just seen me just fall off for no reason ! It would have looked funny from the car, no wonder the kids were laughing :lol:
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby dutchy » Mon May 05, 2014 5:36 am

"fencing wire" eh? A likely story ;-) :lol:
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Previous

Return to Dirt Bikes and Motards