SAORC

SAORC

Postby Jonno » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:33 pm

South Australian Off Road Campionships round 2 at Scorpion Park near Pinnaroo. (17 kms south on the Border track road.)

Camping, bar, catered, all ammenities provided.

We have a few AORC guys entered into this event and is definately worth coming for a look.

150+ entrants to date, this is going to go off :D

Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Re: SAORC

Postby timmyrocks » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Looks awesome mate :) which steeds you taking??
anyone can go fast in a straight line,,,,

Team Crash "09"

TE310 2011 Husqvarna trail bike :)
WR125 2004 Husqvarna :P
timmyrocks
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

State: New South Wales

Postby Jonno » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:48 pm

timmyrocks wrote:Looks awesome mate :) which steeds you taking??

Cr and husky where there as i was bobcat driver all week preparing the track and rode the tracks prior to the race.
I was part of the comms on the day(marshalling) crew for our Club and I didnt participe in the race thank fark.

Its 27kms per lap over 3 hrs in very sandy conditions which turned into massive 1.5 meter whoops very quickly. only 9 made 6 laps.
Quite a few of the 105 odd seniors entrants pulled out after the sighting lap and more as the race progressed, the last hour the ones that persisted looked like if they layed down the would sleep for a week they were that rooted.

The Junior classes raced on a 6 km loop and some of those kids would put a lot of seniors to shame, a good turn out with 55? entrants.

Anyway 5 time Hattah desert race winner Warren Smart obviously won it with Ivan Long quite a way behind with Nathan Trigg in a stirling effort making the top 3.
Watching these 3 ride was awesome to see how easy and smooth they did it. there were a lot that flapped around and made it look hard, which is more my style :lol:

Photomike came over and took a few thousand pics on short notice (champion effort mate), he should have them up on his website soon. :kuda:

Some of the Pics floating around so far.

Sighting lap

Warren Smart

Rowan Pumpa

Sean Pitman

saorc9.jpg
saorc9.jpg (241.64 KiB) Viewed 8122 times

the event turned out very well for our club and a few comments were made by a few gun riders that it is harder than Hattah and it was the best run event and venue for some time. So we would call that a success. 8)
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Postby Possum » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 am

Well done Ariel! and everyone who put so much time and effort into organising, preparing, running the event and cleaning up. Awesome Effort.
Feedback from a few participants that I caught up with at the Pinaroo Servo were rapped with the event. From the sounds of it they were all challenged, a bit banged up, but all had a ball and will definitely be back for another crack.
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Postby photomike666 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07 ZX10R since new, tracky TBA, KX450F, 87 CR250 restoration, GT MTB - I've got serious thrill issues, dude
photomike666
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Postby Jonno » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:40 pm

thanks Mike :kuda:
Jonno
Mobile Chicane