Illegal dirt bikes in SA

Illegal dirt bikes in SA

Postby Jonno » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 am

Intersting ABC report on illegal dirt bike activity in South Australia.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-02/i ... es/4350896

Even these enviro groups see the need for designated areas for dirt bikes, although hearing farmers complain about weeds being spread by bikes is a tad ironic especially coming from canola growers. They mention clubs are not discouraging riders, well according to the state governments inaction it appears on the surface it isnt a problem :roll:

We have increasingly less public land to ride every year, anything we can access often gets trashed by a few so they fence it off. We have no public forests to ride in as such pretty much all of it has been locked up by the state government or councils. The ride parks are very few, boring, small, and full of lunatics or there are a few MX tracks.

http://www.motorcyclingsa.org.au/docume ... 121213.pdf

It seems from this paper there are many stake holders getting involved so it is now up to the reluctant state government to do something other than ignore the issue.
There has been a campaign steadily growing here to introduce designated marked tracks, recreational reg, enforcement of licencing and rego to reduce the idiots who ride illegally, cut fences and have no respect for anything.

So in the meantime any area I know of is kept a very close secret amongst a few, or we have to go 3+ hours out of Adelaide or head for Vic which is like Disneyland for us.
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Re: Illegal dirt bikes in SA

Postby Jonno » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:32 pm

4wd's not as bad, it is a fine I think and I have never heard of anyone being given a ticket and it is more of a local council issue with road side verge riding, dont see the enforcers at all where we go, its easier to lock it all up I suppose. Fortunately some bike dirt clubs have access to private land so that helps.

No rec reg here either, I can tell you my dad got his farm quad rego'ed in Vic he argued it had lights and stuff but the had to put it as a tractor as there was no section for quads back then.
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Postby Jonno » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Anywhere in the high country.
My comment was about travelling 3 hrs out of Adelaide to where we would normally ride, separate from Disneyland trips :lol:
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Postby aardvark » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:19 pm

About time you sold some of your toys and bought some land Jonno. :)

I find it a tad ironic that farmers (some of the greatest rapists of our land) are complaining about losing native vegetation!! They pull out the native vegetation on "their land" right up to the roadside, then complain about the little bit left between the road and their fence getting ripped up.
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

Postby Gosling1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:21 pm

aardvark wrote:....About time you sold some of your toys and bought some land Jonno. :).....

why, so he can get cranky about dirt bike riders ripping his place to shreds ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

50 acres out near Goolwa sounds good to me Jonno - get on it !

:kuda:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Jonno » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Gosling1 wrote:
aardvark wrote:....About time you sold some of your toys and bought some land Jonno. :).....

why, so he can get cranky about dirt bike riders ripping his place to shreds ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

50 acres out near Goolwa sounds good to me Jonno - get on it !

:kuda:

:lol: :lol:

At Salt creek on the Coorong would be nice :D

good fishin', good dunes, good general store/pub with swede backpackers everywhere :lol:
Just that ridin' the dunes isn't legal :(
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Return to Dirt Bikes and Motards