Weekend@The Farm

Weekend@The Farm

Postby Possum » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:13 am

So.. I went riding on the weekend.

This is Jayne and Patch (Albino Heeler).
Awesome Day..

**I have a few more pics, but the program I'm loading off isnt paying nice today
You can check them out on my FB page..

Open terrain was easy.. the scrub was a whole different beast.
Chasing a foxes and roo's you soon learn to think on your feet in the seat... Where's the GoPro when you need it :twisted:
The fact that the ground was covered in shit rocks and massive thistles made falling for me not an option :shock: (However Jayne did hit the deck when she lost the front bringing it back to earth..can side-saddle mono that girl)

Wasnt a hardcore ride day, more about practice and picking up tips on riding. Cornering and poping the front wheel were my main goals.
So.. Cornering in the sand; moving more in the seat and shifting your weight, using the outside peg and front wheel placement. Getting the hang of it.
Its weird when your told that over and over, it really doesnt sink in until you get out there, try and practice. (so frustrating)

Speed; Speed is good, especially in sand (its actually easier), but it's just getting the guts to push comfort zones and having a bit of faith in the bike.. Getting smacked in the head and arms with the odd branch is a great indicator your NOT doing it right. I couldnt wear goggles, but safety glasses were the bomb!

Popping the front wheel... well.. had a few cracks and Jayne shaking her head. I was SO not doing that right. :lol: After a pep talk and clutch adjustment I DID IT... was only about a foot off the ground, but hey got to start somewhere :lol: :lol:

XR ran like a dream and gave no trouble starting :kuda:

Ditching work Friday to head out to another private property for more practice 8)
4x Chicks Nuts on dirtbikes, Cant wait! Might have to borrow a GoPro :twisted:

Ardy/Jonno. I have a feeling the terrain would be much similar to what makes up Mallee Masters and you guys are 100% correct (not that i really doubted you). Im not ready at the moment to tackle something of that magnitude. Need more skills and improved fittness. I will do it though. 2013 is the goal!
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Re: Weekend@The Farm

Postby laidback » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Never have any fun do you Poss... :kuda:
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby Gosling1 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:38 pm

I thought you meant "The" farm......not just "a" farm ! :lol: looks good anyway. I really need to sort out the 500 and go for a good dirt ride.....
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Possum » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Gosling1 wrote:I thought you meant "The" farm......not just "a" farm ! :lol: looks good anyway. I really need to sort out the 500 and go for a good dirt ride.....

lol.. everyone as "The" Farm.. :lol: "Looks good" looks pretty Nana like terrain in that pic, but those shrubs way off in the distance were another story!... i still have puncture wounds in my knees from the thistles :shock: I should have taken more pics.. but was having too much fun 8)
Yes you need to get the thumper out... whats to do?

laidback wrote:Never have any fun do you Poss... :kuda:

Life's what ya make it John 8) Thursday has been scrapped for FRIDAY now .. and ive just confirmed WooHoo. Lets see who else i can get to have a sickie and drag out there ;)

.. and just talking to another one of our fine SA members.. they dont have dirty wheels, but they're happy to have a crack on the XR.. :twisted: :twisted:
Stay tuned :kuda:
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Return to Dirt Bikes and Motards