10th Annivesary Mallee Masters

10th Annivesary Mallee Masters

Postby aardvark » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 pm

This year marks the 10th year of the Annual Ariel Mcc Mallee Masters. It promises to be bigger and better with plenty of surprises in store to commemorate 10 years. This year’s event has been specifically aimed at Non-Members with lots of fast flowing single track mixed with some tight sections which we are renowned for.

The event will be held on the 4th and 5th of August and will cover some 300km with a full days ride Saturday and a little shorter on Sunday so you are able to get home at a reasonable hour. Base camp is approx 1 ½ hrs from Adelaide in the Mallee region. There will be ample camping facilities available as well as toilets and hot showers for the clean up and recuperation of the tired bodies at the end of each day and I guarantee you will know you have been on a ride.
This ride is fully catered from Saturday morning breakfast through to Sunday lunch including snacks on the trail and drinks. ……Except for the alcoholic ones around the fire of course! Back-up vehicles will be provided to carry everyone’s jerry cans of fuel and trailer any broken down bikes (or people).

To wet your appetite here’s the ride report from last year:
http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/show ... sters+2011

The entry fee this year is $150.00 I would suggest that this is suited to level 3 and above riders. You will need to have a registered bike and motorcycle license. This year there is a strict limit on rider numbers so if you are keen it is best to get your entries in sooner rather than later. More information and entry forms go to our Ariel Mallee Masters web site at this link http://www.arielmcc.asn.au/component/co ... -2012.html
For the first time ever you can pay your entry fee by Paypal at this site.
You can also follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/ArielMalleeMasters
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

Re: 10th Annivesary Mallee Masters

Postby Possum » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Do you think i'd be out of my league giving it a crack this year Aardy?
(be honest)
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: Western Australia

Postby aardvark » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Possum wrote:Do you think i'd be out of my league giving it a crack this year Aardy?
(be honest)

To be perfectly honest, it is far different from riding the hills in QLD or Victoria. Most of Mallee Masters is very soft sand and it is exhausting. A lot of riders find themselves trundling along on the road, instead of riding the single track. Some pack up at the end of the first day and go home.

Sitting on your seat and letting the bike plod through would not end well.

Having said that, the oldest bloke last year was nearly 70. Mind you, he's an ex state motorcross champ and rides all the time.

Only you know where your fitness level truly lies. If you don't, you sure as hell will after Mallee Masters!
aardvark

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

Postby Jonno » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:37 pm

aardvark wrote:
To be perfectly honest, it is far different from riding the hills in QLD or Victoria.

I agree, it is exhausting and there is no where to rest, all about pacing yourself and lasting the distance, finding your limits and going way beyond them again and again over the 2 days, it is an endurance trail ride and not a race which is a mistake many make.
But ya cant go slow or you will be stuffed within an hour paddling in the sand.

If anyone is getting too fast we get them on the drink saturday night for peak performance sunday ;)
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby Jonno » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:52 pm

This event is done and dusted, very well organised and sponsored by our very own RT screen printing (RobRacer) :kuda: .

DSC_6724.jpg
DSC_6724.jpg (187.97 KiB) Viewed 3876 times

Here are a few pics and more will be posted soon from the others, videos and RR will come later. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/ArielMcc10thMalleeMasters2012

Oh yeah, here is one of some clown that showed up showing off for the camera :roll: .
DSC_5084.jpg
DSC_5084.jpg (223.69 KiB) Viewed 3876 times
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby Blurr » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:20 pm

I didn't know that Frank was creative :| go Frank
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived