Postby Jonno » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:07 pm

haha good work, Looks like you all had fun :kuda:
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Re: Dirt Bike School - Photo's attached

Postby Leanne » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:28 pm

What a great day! I would definitely recommend this school to anyone starting out on the dirt or anyone who already rides dirt.

The day started with some exercises on clutch and throttle and braking control. We then moved onto some riding exercises that worked on body position. This was interesting at times as and I would slip back into the road riding body position which just doesn't work on the dirt. The next lesson was learning to corner with your foot out. We did some slalom and some slow speed control doing different patterns/circles. Then we learnt all about standing on the pegs while riding and did some exercises on that. By this stage we were all starting to feel a bit tired so we stopped for lunch.

After lunch we learnt to do controlled sliding into corners. Some could say that this was at times out of control. We did some work on standing while braking. We split into two groups with Dale Corser taking one group and Troy Corser the other. We did an obstacle course and then some more on cornering. After that it was a free for all riding around the track. This became a little bit competetive with a few good spills had by some, but no injuries which was good.

I had a great day at this course and learnt lots. There was more than enough riding time and by the end of the day most of us were fairly exhausted. There was a varying level of riding experience with all of us being road riders from short to long periods of time and some of us having ridden dirt before and some not. I think I can speak for everyone that went and say that no matter what your level of experience there was lots to learn and lots of fun had by all.

What a great way to learnt to ride dirt. :kuda: :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:

If Nelso and I get dirt bikes we will definitely do another course, maybe the two day course that includes trail riding and camping overnight. That one sounds like it would be a great time with a good group of people.
Road '10 ZX10R
Dirt '99 KLX250
Race '90 CBR400
Leanne
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby MIZ RX3 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:34 pm

Looks like you guys had a blast! Sounds like you all learnt heaps, and had a great time with friends, none the less.

Troy Corser gets around a bit, one week giving me advice, next week you guys, we'll all be race prepped and pro's before you know it!!
Pink on the outside, but still green on the inside!
MIZ RX3
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Ninja 250
State: ACT

Postby robracer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:36 pm

That would have to rate right up there as a must do! we were in luck that Troy Corser was still in the country so both he & Dale were the instructors, I have learnt so much in one day & cant wait for the next level! still buzzing & cant wait to put it all to practice 8)

Special thanks to Leanne & Rob for putting this together & Disco mate .... Love you for the swap! :kuda:
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Trox » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:56 pm

What a blast!!! learnt loads....like how confident (or over confident) I am :shock: I think there was something wrong with my bike :lol:
Seriously though I learnt a lot like how much I still need to work on my throttle control....and other controls (no surprise) and how a sliding bike feels
Absolute blast and a great lesson
Thanks Leanne and Rob :kuda:
Road; 08 Z750
Track; 02 ZX6
Trox
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Z750

Dirt Bike School - Photo's attached

Postby fireyrob » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 pm

So tired but still smiling! What a blast :D :kuda:

Not too sure living in the burbs Ill get another chance anytime soon but it was so much fun!!! Leanne summarised it all best but thanks to her and Rob for organising it all! Recommended ;) 'Like'
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000

Postby Six Addict » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:24 pm

And bracksy dropped by to take some photos of dale and Troy for an article in amcn!

Great fun, I only wish free practice was followed by superpole :lol:
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Dirt Bike School - Photo's attached

Postby fireyrob » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Sooooo the Mrs said No to a 3rd bike but now she lingers about getting her L's... The plan will slowly come together :lol:
09 ZX6R
03 Zthou
fireyrob
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Bike: Z1000

Postby Leanne » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:56 pm

fireyrob wrote:Sooooo the Mrs said No to a 3rd bike but now she lingers about getting her L's... The plan will slowly come together :lol:

Get her on the beginner's dirt bike school and you will be set. ;)
Road '10 ZX10R
Dirt '99 KLX250
Race '90 CBR400
Leanne
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R

Previous

Return to Dirt Bikes and Motards