Track Day Tracks

Discuss riding techniques, styles and tips here.

Track Day Tracks

Postby Possum » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:47 am

Next year im having a crack at a track day!

So What do I need and need to know?
What do I need to know about the tracks round the country?
Broady, Winton, or Mallala will be the first track..

Open for advice
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
User avatar
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:17 am
Location: currently Kalgoorlie WA
Bike: Z1000
State: South Australia

Re: Track Day Tracks

Postby Jonnymac » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14 am

I haven't been to Mallala, but between Winton and broady I would be choosing broady for my first time.
Small track not too many corners to learn, great surface with elevation changes.
I would say not as intimidating as Winton. Wintons bumpy and from my point of view a bit of a goat track, real front end reliant.
User avatar
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor
 
Posts: 1165
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:33 pm
Bike: ZX6R
State: Victoria

Re: Track Day Tracks

Postby Blurr » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:16 am

Track direction at winton Broadford and Wakefield is clockwise.

Glad I could help :)
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived
User avatar
Blurr
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
 
Posts: 7246
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stockton
Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: Track Day Tracks

Postby laidback » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:56 am

Mallala was a hoot Poss 8)
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
User avatar
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER
 
Posts: 3307
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Re: Track Day Tracks

Postby Possum » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:15 am

Jonnymac wrote:I haven't been to Mallala, but between Winton and broady I would be choosing broady for my first time.
Small track not too many corners to learn, great surface with elevation changes.
I would say not as intimidating as Winton. Wintons bumpy and from my point of view a bit of a goat track, real front end reliant.

Awesome and noted 8) I have been to both as a spectator. The elevation screws a few up at Broady particularly the drop into the right hander near the run off to the pits, from all the tracks ive seen its certainly unique.

Blurr wrote:Track direction at winton Broadford and Wakefield is clockwise.
Glad I could help :)

Hmm thought you were sposed to be a wise man not a wise arse :lol: :P
So wise man, what determines which way a track goes?

laidback wrote:Mallala was a hoot Poss 8)

Yeah.. Im thinking it might just be the go, just a logistical thing and starting out. Im sorry i missed coming to see you :( I could have taken some pics
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
User avatar
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:17 am
Location: currently Kalgoorlie WA
Bike: Z1000
State: South Australia

Re: Track Day Tracks

Postby tim » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:34 am

Possum wrote:
Blurr wrote:Track direction at winton Broadford and Wakefield is clockwise.
Glad I could help :)

Hmm thought you were sposed to be a wise man not a wise arse :lol: :P


Dunno who you've been talking to :P

Couldn't be helped Russ :lol:
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
User avatar
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER
 
Posts: 5791
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: Sydney, NSW
Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales


Return to Riding Technique Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest