The Lean

Discuss riding techniques, styles and tips here.

Re: The Lean

Postby EDU » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:44 am

Ha! Knew it... (learned from Shawn Giles during a CB school back in 2006 or 2007, since we're name droping and all :kuda: )
EDU
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby AznCruiser » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:48 am

kiwi-jono wrote:ill have to come on more rides i think, get a few of the guys/girls to follow and see what they think of my current riding style and then go from there, and as i progress i think an advanced course of some sort could be a good idea. with the weather being so shitty i havnt had a chance yet to go out and put any of the tips into practice but will try and get to pits this weekend if the weather is good and see if any of the boys are up there
thanks guys

Yay more rides............best way to learn plus theres usually other more experinced guys in these rides who could help us.

For me anyway, if going hard I put weight on the outside peg (putting weight momentarily on the inside peg was one reason for one of my crash at EC). The difference is notable...........in saying this i dont have the balls, skills or the stamina to go flat out on public roads.

Crossing all my fingers for a dry day this Sunday........are you going?
AznCruiser
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Yamaha

Postby Naked Twin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:51 am

Nelso wrote:I just happened to be talking with Troy Corser about this topic a couple of months ago and he confirmed it is the outside peg you want to weight. He said that he pushed on the outside peg to get his body weight as far forward and inside the bike as possible. He and Dale also demonstrated with an old tyre how much more grip you have by weighting the outside peg which was pretty convincing.

Sorry about the thread revival but I read Stoner's comments (below) and that seems to be the opposite of what Corser suggests. I think it proves everyone is differen

This is taken from Motogp of an interview with Stoner
"I'm not feeling too optimistic for Brno after a tough weekend in Indy. The crash in qualifying last week has left me with a serious problem in my ankle and we were fortunate that Indy was a left hand circuit, so a lot of the weight was off it but we still had changes of direction, which hurt a lot. In Brno there are many changes in direction and a lot of right hand corners so there will be a lot of weight on my ankle and it's going to be very difficult. It's a shame as Brno is a circuit that I usually enjoy due to it's fast and flowing nature, so I'll be resting as much as possible this week and wait to see how we feel when we get on track on Friday."
Naked Twin
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Suzuki

Postby dilligaf » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:05 am

might be more if your hanging off to the right, to get your body back to the left you need to push with the right foot?
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900
State: Victoria

Postby tim » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:16 am

Naked Twin wrote:
Nelso wrote:I just happened to be talking with Troy Corser about this topic a couple of months ago and he confirmed it is the outside peg you want to weight. He said that he pushed on the outside peg to get his body weight as far forward and inside the bike as possible. He and Dale also demonstrated with an old tyre how much more grip you have by weighting the outside peg which was pretty convincing.

Sorry about the thread revival but I read Stoner's comments (below) and that seems to be the opposite of what Corser suggests. I think it proves everyone is different

There's getting "into" position weighting (steering), there's in corner position weighting and exiting weighting. Steer the bike using one set of movements, hold yourself up one way or another using another set, and get back on the bike using another set.

It's hard for us to know exactly what we do without paying special attention to when we use different muscles while cornering, but doesn't suprise me we use force on that inside ankle mid corner and expecially coming back onto the bike...

2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Previous

Return to Riding Technique Discussion