Pillion + gear changes

Discuss riding techniques, styles and tips here.

Pillion + gear changes

Postby Jonnymac » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:09 pm

h.b.bear wrote:I have a girl where i contract work at and she tells me if they go for a trip to port Macquarie or coffs she will hop on as a pillion and goes to sleep whilst he weaves his way over the hills and she would weigh more than him quiet easly :lol: I am not a experianced rider but wouldnt that make life hard for the rider or wouldnt it be to bad :?

My wife use to fall asleep leaning on me when we were on the freeway. It's been a while though as I don't have a road bike anymore
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Victoria

Re: Pillion + gear changes

Postby Naked Twin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:59 am

h.b.bear wrote:I have a girl where i contract work at and she tells me if they go for a trip to port Macquarie or coffs she will hop on as a pillion and goes to sleep whilst he weaves his way over the hills and she would weigh more than him quiet easly :lol: I am not a experianced rider but wouldnt that make life hard for the rider or wouldnt it be to bad :?

My wife would fall asleep on longer rides, she could all but fall asleep coming back via the old road, I never noticed as she was relaxed and didn't move about. I could tell when she was really paying attention though as the first lesson I told he was to look where she wanted me to go, that is if you want me to hit the tree look at it. It was a good way to make her in sync with me. When she would look through the corners, that would naturally put her weight on the inside of the bike making it easier to throw the bike into the corner. It helps to have them awake if you are hooking into the corners though.
Naked Twin
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Suzuki
State: New South Wales

Previous

Return to Riding Technique Discussion