Jack Miller....superstar ride...

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Re: Jack Miller....superstar ride...

Postby Gosling1 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:50 pm

He is a 19 year old kid, not a seasoned veteran of 10 years at MotoGP level. 19 year old kids say what the fuck they think, simple as that. They don't give a shit what anyone else thinks and never will.

When old mate has had a couple of years at the elite level and has actually matured into a man and not a boy playing with toys - then judge him on his attitude.....but for the moment - nobody should expect a 19 year old to sanitise everything he says in order to come across as some type of emotionless robot. That - is the last thing the sport needs. We already have Pedrobot for that and quite frankly he is the single most batshit-boring cunnox out there in the premier class at the moment.

Do we really want JM to be another Pedrobot ????? I bloody well hope not.

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Jonnymac » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Nobody wants another pedbot.......
But he doesn't need to be a sulky 3 year old to have emotion.
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Victoria

Postby Gosling1 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:01 pm

He will mature - that is all I am saying......he is just a kid at the moment. Rossi spat the biscuit when he was this age.....people forget that.

8)
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby rooster » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:09 am

I agree he is young etc but in this country you play hard on the field and you leave it there, he reminds me at the moment of all the winging tennis players, Doohan made his thoughts known without looking like a tool, Gardner did as well, Pat Rafter is still respected because of the way he held himself yet if you ask people about Hewett you will get a very different response, Stoner too had more still has his share of detractors because of his after race comments before he achieved the results, in the end in a tough sport where more than half of your success is going to be your appeal to sponsors etc its not a good "tactic" for want of a better word, he looks to have the talent for talent to any chance of success he needs to know when to just hold back, chucking a dummy spit in your garage is one thing, but when you have just won a memorable race and you are the centre of attention not a smart move, for Jack's sake I hope someone near him is having this same conversation because it will be a real shame to see his talent wasted. :D :D
If life is like a box of chocolates, why do I always get the laxettes?
rooster
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Postby Gosling1 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Doohan and Gardner were years older than Jack when they made their debut on the world stage and it showed in their attitude....

People will forget the random dummy-spit *IF* he gets good results over the course of his career. If not - then it will be different.....

Aussies are far too quick to criticise their champions - the tall-poppy syndrome lives and breathes in this country like no other country on the planet. It shits me no end. JM's talent is not going to be wasted because he throws the odd tanty - I would bet that every other rider has done exactly the same thing in their career - the difference is, those riders come from countries that celebrate emotion - not look to bottle it up or make the rider look like a douche because he has spat the biscuit.

Even when those riders spit it - the local tv coverage is unlikely to broadcast it out of respect for their own riders - here, its an industry to capture the moment someone acts how they feel - with nothing more in mind than cutting them down. For 99% of the time, the rider is everything his fans expect - but for the all-important 30-seconds rating grab - all they want to show is a meltdown. Its total crap.

Doug Polen anyone ?? FFS if there ever was a more bland dickhead who won a world title I don't know who it is - but Polen made an ironing board look like an excitable 19 year old kid......he was totally devoid of any character or emotion or anything at all really. The guy was as boring as batshit and did nothing to encourage anybody to watch WSBK back when he won. Massive yawnfest.....
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Postby tim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Amen brother 8)
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby rooster » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:01 am

Not so much tall poppy syndrome but he is in an environment where appearances is very much part of the deal, lots of kids his age handled disappointment way better than he did one V Rossi comes to mind, I am hoping he takes his frustration out on the Marquez punching bag in his pit box and shows a public veneer of wit charm and just a bit of aussie cheekiness, not the petulance that has come out. End of sermon :D :kuda:
rooster
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Strika » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:12 am

Gosling1 wrote:He is a 19 year old kid, not a seasoned veteran of 10 years at MotoGP level. 19 year old kids say what the fuck they think, simple as that. They don't give a shit what anyone else thinks and never will.

When old mate has had a couple of years at the elite level and has actually matured into a man and not a boy playing with toys - then judge him on his attitude.....but for the moment - nobody should expect a 19 year old to sanitise everything he says in order to come across as some type of emotionless robot. That - is the last thing the sport needs. We already have Pedrobot for that and quite frankly he is the single most batshit-boring cunnox out there in the premier class at the moment.

8)

Well said......to add.......I prefer my Aussie racers to call it how it is. I recall Doohan copping similar criticism and he was much older.

Leave the kid alone and let him get on with winning another world championship. Fuck the kid can steer a bit good.....
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Postby kaneg » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:46 am

Have to agree with all of the above guys, :kuda:

His championship was however lost at Aragon and am not aware of the KTM team putting in much of a protest regarding AM's move which resulted in Jack crashing. I feel it would have been just to take away some if not all of Marquez's point for that round.
my 2 cents worth.... :kuda:
kaneg
KSRC SPONSOR
KSRC SPONSOR

Bike: Suzuki

Postby greenmeanie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Strika wrote:
Gosling1 wrote:He is a 19 year old kid, not a seasoned veteran of 10 years at MotoGP level. 19 year old kids say what the fuck they think, simple as that. They don't give a shit what anyone else thinks and never will.

8)

Well said......to add.......I prefer my Aussie racers to call it how it is. I recall Doohan copping similar criticism and he was much older.

Leave the kid alone and let him get on with winning another world championship. Fuck the kid can steer a bit good.....

Well said guys.
I noticed when i was watching testing the other day he had Alberto Puig in his box giving him some advice.
His comment on riding a MotoGP bike for the 1st time..."It's Stupidly Fast" :lol:
Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby rooster » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:44 pm

Hmmm Pedrobot out for a couple of rounds ..... Miller the replacement so my sauces tell me :kuda:
rooster
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby paulsj » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:50 pm

That would be fuckin rad! Way better than the stoner rumours!!!
paulsj
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX9R

Postby pkay » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:57 pm

Or an April Fools tale.....
PK
"Too many bikes is never enough"
ZXR750H1,GPX750R,GPz600R,750,900R,1000RX,KR250,Z1a,Mach3,Z1300 and..
pkay
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZXR750
State: Queensland

Postby Glen » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:23 pm

rooster wrote:Hmmm Pedrobot out for a couple of rounds ..... Miller the replacement so my sauces tell me :kuda:

Who are your sauces?.......Bernaise?
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby tim » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:15 am

There's multiple so at least two....

... And thousand island?
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER