Pedrosa, MotoGP's biggest parasite.

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Pedrosa, MotoGP's biggest parasite.

Postby Kermit » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:40 pm

by Bedlam

In 60-odd years of the motorcycling world championship, no one has taken more from MotoGP and contributed less than Dani Pedrosa.
In his eighth year in the big game, all on a factory bike, he’s won occasionally, but infrequently, only when the Honda is the quickest bike on the track, and never been a serious championship contender. Worse, he’s been a miserable sportsman since day one. He was generally a prick throughout his career, despite his junior category titles coming with the benefit of superior equipment, backed by a shitload of Spanish sponsorship cash. And the whole time he went out of his way to be an arsehole to other competitors, most notably Casey Stoner in the 250cc championship, when Stoner was challenging him on far inferior machinery and a shoestring budget.

MotoGP is the grail to which all racers aspire, and it’s what inspires the motorcycling purist. It’s the pinnacle of competitions that run the world over in innumerable categories. It is, therefore, more than just a sport. It’s an industry. Riders, teams, manufacturers and to some extent, sponsors are stakeholders in this industry. And the spectator is integral, because without the punter, MotoGP would not exist at all. In this context, Dani Pedrosa is a parasite. He is the Spanish tick that draws lifeblood from the entity that is Motogp, but contributes nothing.

Just as a tick works tirelessly to find a suitable position on it’s host, so too Pedrosa worked hard to get to MotoGP. Being Spanish, he enjoyed support and financial backing not available to many other nationalities, but he had both the ability and work ethic to make it. The point is that in the eight years he’s been there, he hasn’t contributed much beyond riding the bike. As a personality, he’s given nothing to the sport the way the likes of Rossi, Edwards, Hayden, Capirossi, etc have over the same period. Pedrosa’s contribution to MotoGP is all about Pedrosa. And without MotoGP, what would Dani Pedrosa be? A motorcycle courier? An author of children’s books? A midget in an Ewok costume in the next Star Wars movie?

Gifted the best bike on the track when he entered the big league in 2006, he’s spent the last eight seasons looking like a spoilt little bitch. When he wins, he’s arrogant and aloof. When he loses, he’s a whinging fucking sook. He has the personality of an ingrown toenail and has contributed nothing in terms of character or colour to the championship. Even Biaggi brought character to the circus, and he was an arrogant prick too. And what’s the go with his sycophant bumchum Puig following him all over the world to tickle his balls and dry his eyes when he gets beaten. That’s pathetic, he looks like an over-protective tennis parent. Remember that spoilt little kid in primary school who ran to his mother every time he didn’t get his own way? That’s Dani Pedrosa. But instead he has Puig to run to, to defend his feelings. Fair enough, it was tragic to see Puig’s own career cut short by his own crash in 1995, but racing vicariously through Pedrosa isn’t going to deliver the championship he still desires.

All Pedrosa’s victories have been soft. When the pressure’s been applied he’s caved. Can he ride a bike? Oh fuck yeah. He shares a degree of the super-human abilities of those chosen few, and while some of his wins have been impressive, they’ve all been when his bike’s been the best on the day. He hasn’t pushed an inferior bike to the front, and I can’t recall him ever being involved in a decent battle. He either leads from the front, or trails around behind the leaders. He demonstrates frequently that he has an incredible ability to ride a motorbike fast, yet he can’t mix it when it comes to banging fairings. With clear track he’s as fast as anyone in the world, but he lacks the racecraft to compete seriously with fellow aliens Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner, and now Marquez.

Perhaps he’d have more championship success if he channeled his energy into riding, rather than being a prick. Remember King Carlos of Spain forcing him to shake Lorenzo’s hand on the podium of the Spanish GP? What a disgrace. Royal intervention to force a display of sportsmanship on the world stage? Is that the way for a prospective world champion to behave? Is that how he sees himself as a role-model to aspiring bike racers the world over? Fucking pathetic. He could take a leaf from the book someone like Colin Edwards, who even in the heat of battle, win, lose, crash, or get taken out displays nothing but respect to his fellow competitors, and the motorcycling public who enable him to have that job. He, Rossi, Hayden and their like are great sportsmen, and great men.

Pedrosa by that measure is neither. There’s nothing wrong with a stoush in the course of events. The ferocity of competition at that level demands it. It’s part of the game, like Casey Stoner walking down to the Ducati pit to slag Rossi off for taking him out at turn one, and Rossi taking it with good humour. But sooking is unbecoming a sportsman of that calibre. And it undermines the courage he has to lean off the side of a machine that’s more projectile than motorcycle. To get back on a GP bike so soon after serious injury takes intestinal fortitude the rest of the world can barely imagine. Sulking and dummy-spitting betrays that courage. Perpetually walking around looking like he’s just been force-fed a turd sandwich is not what you expect from someone who’s paid millions to fly around the world and race the world’s most exciting machinery.

Stoner broke his fragile spirit when he arrived on the scene at Repsol Honda and handed him his arse. Suddenly he couldn’t make excuses about the bike, so he just spent more time sooking in the pits. Now Marc Marquez has arrived and made him look like a complete twat. It took him all of 5 minutes to beat Pedrosa on a bike that was developed around him. Moreover, the Marquez scenario is the Sharknado that terrifies Pedrosa: a teammate who swept into the class with a wave of excitement, is also Spanish, faster than he is, younger, and more popular than himself.

Marquez is the real deal. Pedrosa is a pretender. He’s had a successful career, but he’ll never win the one championship that matters. And despite what Sete Gibernau used to cling to, there’s no such thing as a ‘Vice-champion’. Pedrosa’s handful of fans want to rely on his injuries as an excuse? Oh please. Mick Doohan won five consecutive championships, he obviously never had an injury.

It’s time for Repsol to fuck him off and get someone with some ticker on that bike. Bradl, Bautista or Espargaro would do more with that machinery. As to the question of whether any of those guys would win the championship on the Repsol bike, well, probably not. But they’d add more to the competition and display the true spirit of motorcycle racing, which gives much more to the sport generally.

If I wanted to watch a prima donna sulking in the pits I’d watch F1.

Fuck off Dani Pedrosa. Don’t hit the airfence on your way out.

Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Re: Pedrosa, MotoGP's biggest parasite.

Postby Wattie » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:44 am

Harsh criticism...
But the points are valid...
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby steve086 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:18 am

the guy that wrote this article is a pole smoker, he points out some good points but look at his stats he has always been at the pointy end and hasn't been fortunate to win a championship so if you come top 3 a few times in moto gp your a parasite :roll: I say guy who wrote this article get your hand off your dick and he should fuck off!!!! :kuda: end rant!! GO PEDROSA!!!!
steve086
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda

Postby EDU » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:21 pm

steve086 wrote:the guy that wrote this article is a pole smoker, he points out some good points but look at his stats he has always been at the pointy end and hasn't been fortunate to win a championship so if you come top 3 a few times in moto gp your a parasite :roll: I say guy who wrote this article get your hand off your dick and he should fuck off!!!! :kuda: end rant!! GO PEDROSA!!!!

+1. I'd seen someone post that on Facebook but I refrained from making those comments 'cause it's not someone I should even have on my friends list...

IMO Pedrosa is the unluckiest rider in MotoGP. Yes he had plenty of opportunities to win the whole thing but the reasons he didn't make it are not always due to his own fault or lack of ability. Take this last race for example, what are the chances of that small contact resulting in no traction control??

Now if you're gonna take the simplistic view of looking only at the points standing at the end of the championship and say he's not good, then you'd better be prepared to say that last year he was a better rider than Stoner.
EDU
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby MickLC » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:43 pm

It's just some bloke off BikeME's opinion that they've made into an "article" on their newly designed website. I'd just ignore it.
'13 Z1000, '76 Z650+,'91 KLR250, '95 ZX6R Racebike
MickLC
Team Crim

Bike: Z1000
State: ACT

Postby Kermit » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:02 pm

EDU wrote:Take this last race for example, what are the chances of that small contact resulting in no traction control??

Another perspective.

Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby dutchy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Kermit wrote:
EDU wrote:Take this last race for example, what are the chances of that small contact resulting in no traction control??

Another perspective.

As a side note, if Marquez wasn't sharpening his elbow slider every corner maybe that wouldn't have happened. :lol:
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Postby Six Addict » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:03 pm

i think he makes some valid points... sure its a bit long winded, but i cant find any holes in any of his arguments or statements.

many many people will be proven right when he retires having never one a motogp title... hell creville only got his after doohan retired, just for dani, lorenzo, marquez and rossi wont all retire... :lol: :lol: :lol:
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby ZXR750 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Pedrosa is and always has been the number one rider for Repsol Honda. This year will be the third time the number two rider has beaten him to a championship. You can talk about bad luck all you want. Also Kevin Schwantz wrote a similar article at the beginning of the year. His was not as colourful, but it basically said the same thing. Puig responded claiming Schwantz was talking shit but the longer Pedrosa races the less likely he looks like winning a campionship in Motogp.
Remember, half the people you know are below average.
Bike 93 ZXR750
05 ZRX1200
05 DRZ400
ZXR750
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZXR750

Postby Wattie » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:57 pm

Hehe even Nicky Hayden won a championship.

Give Pedro the boot. Send him to SBK
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby laidback » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:17 pm

While not a Pedbot fan I think it's a bit harsh.
Like all armchair critics I say beat him and then slag off at him.

Still I think it's time he gave up trying to win the championship and retire.
Been handed his arse by both Casey and MM.
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby Nelso » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:46 pm

EDU wrote:IMO Pedrosa is the unluckiest rider in MotoGP.

:shock: I think Ben Spies might argue that fact. :lol:
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby EDU » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Nelso wrote:
EDU wrote:IMO Pedrosa is the unluckiest rider in MotoGP.

:shock: I think Ben Spies might argue that fact. :lol:

I did say "MotoGP rider" no "ex" :lol: :lol:
EDU
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby MAXUMIS » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Pedrosa reminds me of Biaggi , Wrong place at the wrong time for winning anything in the top class of GP.
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX12R

Postby Nelso » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:40 pm

MickLC wrote:It's just some bloke off BikeME's opinion that they've made into an "article" on their newly designed website. I'd just ignore it.

Boris?
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER