Hamilton: 'To do what Marquez does is surreal'

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Hamilton: 'To do what Marquez does is surreal'

Postby Kermit » Wed May 22, 2013 11:10 am

Hamilton, who resides in Monte Carlo, caught up with Valentino Rossi and Lorenzo in the Yamaha Factory Racing garage, swapping one of his yellow F1 helmets for the black of Lorenzo’s MotoGP equivalent.

"The atmosphere is incredible and it’s so great to see so many people here," Hamilton told motogp.com in an exclusive video interview. "This is my first time at a MotoGP race so I’m buzzing. I love racing all together, but I’ve been watching this sport for a long time so to be here at one of the races is just incredible. I’m a big fan of motorbikes and have a couple at home."

Hamilton also spoke of Repsol Honda Team newcomer Marquez, who has taken the establishment by storm much like he did in F1 with McLaren in 2007:

"You know, it’s a huge roller-coaster ride and that’s probably the same for him. He has come in, is up there with the big boys straight away and that is how it was for me. To do that is very surreal. All you have to do is just take it in your stride and enjoy every single moment of it."

Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Re: Hamilton: 'To do what Marquez does is surreal'

Postby dickfaber » Wed May 22, 2013 11:27 am

Hamilton also spoke of Repsol Honda Team newcomer Marquez, who has taken the establishment by storm much like he did in F1 with McLaren in 2007:

so does that mean marquez will end up in some sh1te fringe team in 5 years, going slowly backwards and whinging he is being given second rate crap and his public just dont understand him?
I am a bilingual illiterate; i can't read or write in two different languages
dickfaber
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ER6

Postby Blurr » Wed May 22, 2013 2:22 pm

dickfaber wrote:

so does that mean marquez will end up in some sh1te fringe team in 5 years, going slowly backwards and whinging he is being given second rate crap and his public just dont understand him?

Huh, do you even watch F1?
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived
Blurr
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Kermit » Wed May 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Blurr wrote:
dickfaber wrote:

Huh, do you even watch F1?

For a second i thought he was refering to rossi, then thought wtf.
Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby EDU » Wed May 22, 2013 5:28 pm

Have to say that if Ferrari hadn't thrown that Championship down the drain with multiple team mistakes Hamilton wouldn't have won it. But they did and he did! There's no if in life and that means he's a World Champion... but whether it is because of his car or not, he hasn't shown the same form since. Mercedes looks good on one lappers but they have a pretty pathetic race pace (6th and12th last race! Despite the pole position)... and of the 2 Hamilton's podiums this season one came with a massive help of team orders, with him admitting that it should have been Nico's podium and not his.

But the thread is also about Marquez and I was more impressed with his calm under the conditions than with his riding... pretty good stuff for such a young rider!
EDU
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Blurr » Wed May 22, 2013 6:15 pm

That merc was never meant to e competitive this year and yet he is.

He has signed with merc for the hope that there 1.6l turbo car next year is the pace setter and early predictions say that he has made the right move.

Plus he smashed vettel by almost 2 seconds on Top Gear so he gets bonus points for that.
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived
Blurr

Bike: ZX10R

Postby EDU » Wed May 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Blurr wrote:That merc was never meant to e competitive this year and yet he is.

yes but so is his teammate, so maybe the car isn't as bad?
Blurr wrote:Plus he smashed vettel by almost 2 seconds on Top Gear so he gets bonus points for that.

Hate Vettel... I'm not one to go against a racer/rider in general. I may have my favorites but don't dislike the rest. Vettel is the exception that proves the rule.
EDU
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Kermit » Wed May 22, 2013 11:05 pm

2 second difference in the top gear shit box amongst pro drivers is huge!

Anywho.

Astars is not happy with the amount of leathers M&M is chewing through.

Before

After

Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Return to General Racing Discussion