Going racing again! another Bike Build

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Re: Going racing again! another Bike Build

Postby robracer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:34 pm

OK so there goes Round one for 2014, it was a short affair, due to many crashes & down time, including a hospital trip for one racer & a helivac for another, scenes reminiscent from last years first South Circuit race just a hell of allot hotter.
Due to the stoppages & down time the number of laps per race was reduced back to 5 & by 2pm they had called off the last round of races as they knew there was not going to be enough time to complete the program & from a safety view point it was probably a good call. I have to say that all the officials, timing team & flaggies do such a great job so us mugs can go racing it would be a massive job to put on one of these race meetings & without them we would be stuffed so a big thanks goes out to you all!

It was great to see all the usual suspects / members giving it a go, Leanne, Stacey, MickC, Gos, Mark1, & SteveK with good results posted by most it made for a great start to the year.
For me it was a day for getting my head around the 750’s new brakes & concentrating on dropping lap times, unfortunately by the end of the qualifying session the clutch was slipping & by the end of race 2 there were ignition problems with it braking down in high revs so I had lost top speed on the straight which cost me a second place in the last race. I did however knock off 3 seconds from my qualifying time on the 750 so I am happy with the day & how it went & ended up finishing third for the day.
The 350 was going strong but just doesn't have the pulling power of the 350 twins nor the legs of the TD3 two strokes so no matter how hard I try its difficult to compete against these other bikes, I am still having fun & ended up finishing third but its frustrating not being able to keep with the faster bikes, bring on the EC GP track rounds & the North circuit round ...... I know I can do well there as I know have more legs than the twins on the longer track so looking forward to the middle of the season. :D
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Previous

Return to General Racing Discussion