Stoner Vs Rossi crash Jerez 2011

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Stoner Vs Rossi crash Jerez 2011

Postby Sparks_333 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... b9g#t=185s

When I saw Rossi wipe out Stoner I was mad. When I saw the race marshals ignore Stoner and get Rossi going first I was furious!

But then I saw Rossi, the pro that he is, get off his bike and without even removing his helmet go straight into the Honda garage to apologise (link above). And Stoner threw it back in his face pretty much.

I can understand how enraged Stoner must have been, but I did lose a little respect for him at this point.
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R Green
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Black/Green (Track Bike)
1998 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R Green - "Fluffy" (Track Bike)

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly."
Sparks_333
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Re: Stoner Vs Rossi crash Jerez 2011

Postby s man » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:17 am

What would you have done, the guy took him out with a move that you dont even see at a club race!!
These guys are supposed to be pro's, & to be taken out by such a silly move. I would have more that givin rossi a mouthfull! new_argue.gif XXbazooka.gif
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
s man
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Z1000

Postby yzr750 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:55 am

s man wrote:What would you have done, the guy took him out with a move that you dont even see at a club race!!
These guys are supposed to be pro's, & to be taken out by such a silly move. I would have more that givin rossi a mouthfull! new_argue.gif XXbazooka.gif

Well said.
yzr750
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: It's not worth Mentioning
State: Queensland

Postby red_dave » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:55 am

They way Stoner spoke to Rossi would have further fueled the rest of the world's hatred of him...
red_dave
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

Postby Jonnymac » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Disagree completely, Vale did that for the TV cameras if you think anything else you need to realize how Vale works the media.

Number one- if you seriously want to apologize to someone you take your helmet off and look him in the eyes.

Number two- You don't do it in front of millions of people via the tv crew that is following as you get off the bike.
Which he knew would be waiting to see what he did.

Number three- Stoner spoke the truth his talent on this bike did outweigh his ambition. I reckon it's one of the best quotes in this current boring PR defined motogp class.

Your kidding yourself if you think that was anything other than a PR exercise.
Rossi couldn't have cared less he took out stoner just like everyone else he's taken out over the years.
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

State: Victoria

Postby Sparks_333 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:02 pm

Jonnymac wrote:Disagree completely, Vale did that for the TV cameras if you think anything else you need to realize how Vale works the media.

Hmm interesting point, he is good at playing the game.

Sparks_333
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Sparks_333 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:04 pm

Jonnymac wrote:Number three- Stoner spoke the truth his talent on this bike did outweigh his ambition. I reckon it's one of the best quotes in this current boring PR defined motogp class. .

Also yeah I feel slightly sick every time I see the winner waving their shitty little Red Bull can around... :-|

Sparks_333
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Wattie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Sparks_333 wrote:
Jonnymac wrote:Number three- Stoner spoke the truth his talent on this bike did outweigh his ambition. I reckon it's one of the best quotes in this current boring PR defined motogp class. .

Also yeah I feel slightly sick every time I see the winner waving their shitty little Red Bull can around... :-|

Check out the product placement in NASCAR. MotoGP is heading down the same path. It's where the $$ come from.

Watch the moto2 press conference, Marquez and Esparago always have these massive watches on. You can't tell me the watches were on under their gloves while racing.
And Stoners sunnies are always propped on the top of his hat to still show the red bull or Bridgestone logo on his hat.
And they shall not dare to put their drink bottle on the table in the post race interview, a magic hand swipes it out of the way.

The sport is very Sponsor focused. But it has to be to earn the $$ to keep going at that level.
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby red_dave » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Jonnymac wrote:Number three- Stoner spoke the truth his talent on this bike did outweigh his ambition. I reckon it's one of the best quotes in this current boring PR defined motogp class.

Rossi couldn't have cared less he took out stoner just like everyone else he's taken out over the years.

The quote was "Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent."

It also sounds like you think the crash was a deliberate move by Rossi (i.e. to take Stoner out)... :?
red_dave
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

Postby Sparks_333 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:51 pm

red_dave wrote:It also sounds like you think the crash was a deliberate move by Rossi (i.e. to take Stoner out)... :?

It wouldn't have been deliberate but very bloody stupid in the wet. I watched him going in for the late pass thinking it was never going to work... and it didn't...

Wattie wrote:The sport is very Sponsor focused. But it has to be to earn the $$ to keep going at that level.

Yeah it's a reality but still makes me squirm...

Sparks_333
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby born green » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Jonnymac wrote:Disagree completely, Vale did that for the TV cameras if you think anything else you need to realize how Vale works the media.

Number one- if you seriously want to apologize to someone you take your helmet off and look him in the eyes.

Number two- You don't do it in front of millions of people via the tv crew that is following as you get off the bike.
Which he knew would be waiting to see what he did.

Number three- Stoner spoke the truth his talent on this bike did outweigh his ambition. I reckon it's one of the best quotes in this current boring PR defined motogp class.

Correct on all points mate... stoners comment was gold...not knocking rossie, im a big fan.. But he is good at at the media stuff, and getting into others riders heads, BUT who taught him to fuck with other riders minds.. our own mick :lol: :lol: who also was a master at it.
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Jonnymac » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:22 pm

red_dave wrote:
Jonnymac wrote:Number three- Stoner spoke the truth his talent on this bike did outweigh his ambition. I reckon it's one of the best quotes in this current boring PR defined motogp class.

The quote was "Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent."

It also sounds like you think the crash was a deliberate move by Rossi (i.e. to take Stoner out)... :?

Really.......! You drew that conclusion from that.

Of course he didn't mean to take him out but he did cause he was going too quick.
I made a statement that he wouldn't have cared about taking him out. He crashed too, monumentally stupid if he was trying to take him out.
Look up the top ten dirtiest moves in motogp I reckon you'll find Rossi in at least three of them.

I didn't quote Stoner I said what he said was correct,while adding the part of the bike, and said I think it's one of the all time greatest quotes.
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Gosling1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:26 pm

rubbin's racin'

:roll:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby philbo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:48 am

you see a move you take it. you don't get opportunities all the time. i liked the fact Rossiwas willing to race even though it was wet. if hedidnt go down you'd all be saying how good that pass was. Casey could have pulled the bike up right and braked and let Ross go past. their races they get paid to race. otherwise it just remains boring
KEEPIN'IT REAL ON THE WESS SIDE

DONT LET FEAR HOLD YOU BACK

Storm-010 white zx6r
philbo
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

State: Western Australia

Postby laidback » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Sponsors have been part of top level racing for years.

Watch riders and drivers and they do anything to get their sponsor noticed. Things like touching the Dunlop/Pirelli/Bridgestone cap a number of times. Also wearing their 'favourite' (sponsors) watch on the podium. Hold the drink can up.

If Mrs Mac paid enough they would eat a pie on the podium... :twisted:
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Next

Return to General Racing Discussion