Dovisioso to Ducati - Confirmed

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Dovisioso to Ducati - Confirmed

Postby red_dave » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:20 pm

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Andrea+Dovizioso+and+Ducati+together+beginning+in+2013

Andrea Dovizioso, who currently sits in fourth place overall in the MotoGP championship standings, will join Nicky Hayden on the team. The pair will face next season together, working on development of the Desmosedici and the MotoGP project for the championship in which Ducati has played an important role since 2003.

"The agreement reached with Andrea Dovizioso confirms the company’s primary interest in racing, which is an active and strategic part of Ducati’s DNA and heritage," said President Gabriele Del Torchio. "It is with great pleasure that I welcome Andrea, as we marshal our best efforts in confronting the MotoGP World Championship. Along with Nicky Hayden, with whom we have renewed a working agreement, we are confident that we will be able to proceed with our development program, to compete, and to obtain the results and rewards that will repay our efforts and the faith that our partners, sponsors and fans have never failed to demonstrate."

"Andrea’s technical sensibility and test-riding abilities are of great value, as are his talent and determination," added Filippo Preziosi, General Manager of Ducati Corse. "The knowledge that we will have him on our team and be able to count on his collaboration serves as an additional incentive to continue with the growth and development of our MotoGP project. I’m pleased that he has chosen to be a part of our team. He is aware of the work to be done, and he approaches it with enthusiasm and confidence, which are fundamental requirements for achieving success and for competing in this challenging championship."

:kuda:
red_dave
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

Bike: ZX6R
State: Queensland

Re: Dovisioso to Ducati - Confirmed

Postby valkau » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 pm

An Italian rider for Ducati is as essential as an American was for Marlbro sponsorship!
valkau
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby born green » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Good luck... he is going to need it.. tho i got a soft spot for dovi... won money on his first gp win a few years ago, and won the tri the other night when i put money on ped, lorenzo and dovi for 3rd... he has earned a factory ride... but is it the right one??????
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

State: Victoria

Postby KEL10R » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:59 pm

poor bugger :lol:
KEL10R
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Don't have one
State: Please Select a State

Postby KEL10R » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:59 pm

poor bugger :lol:
KEL10R
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Don't have one
State: Please Select a State

Postby red_dave » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:04 pm

I'm a Dovi fan and have been since he was in 250's...

He finished higher than Pedrosa when he was at Repsol, yet still got punted from the factory team, He's riding rings around Spies, and still missed out on that factory ride...

I'm hoping he does well on the Duc.
red_dave
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

State: Queensland

Postby born green » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:11 pm

red_dave wrote:I'm a Dovi fan and have been since he was in 250's...

He finished higher than Pedrosa when he was at Repsol, yet still got punted from the factory team, He's riding rings around Spies, and still missed out on that factory ride...

I'm hoping he does well on the Duc.

Yep...
It would be great to see him go well on the duke.. the guy can ride, and yer i rate him higher than pedrossa... 5 top 3 finishes on a sat bike, tho prob a factory one anyway, but other than lorenzo, who;s on $50 mill more than dovi :lol: :lol: , he has preformed as or more than what was expected of him this year, go dovi....
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Gosling1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:30 pm

it will be interesting to see how he goes.......
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby MadKaw » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Crutchlows not happy...

By David Miller

Britain's Cal Crutchlow looks set to turn his back on the MotoGP championship and return to World Superbikes unless series boss Carmelo Ezpeleta can find the tools Crutchlow needs to challenge for race wins in 2013.

The Coventry man was gazumped for the factory Ducati ride by current team-mate Andrea Dovizioso and with no other works bikes available, Crutchlow is considering a move back to the production-based series where he will be able to win races and have a chance at the championship.

He is set for a meeting with Ezpeleta at Brno this afternoon in order to try and find a solution to the problem but the anticpated announcment of his MotoGP plans for next year will not materialise in the Czech Republic.

"There's no decision to make. I am not going to stay here and earn no money to ride against people who are on 40 times my wages, it's as simple as that. To go and challenge for fourth, fifth sixth in races, have the odd podium next year and you're racing against guys who are cruising around in limos every week. Unfortunately, for me it doesn't work like that," said Crutchlow, speaking to Brno.

"The situation got worse today, not from my side, but it's not the situation of Herve (Poncharal, Tech3 team boss) is not good enough, it's just that private teams don't have enough money and sponsorship to be able to do it. Gone are the days of guys earning a decent living in privateer teams. Why would I stay and bust my balls when I can go somewhere else, earn a decent living and challenge for a title?

"I'm not racing for money here, I'm racing for a chance to win. Herve and Tech3 can't give me a factory bike, you're not going to win on a satellite bike, it is as simple as that. I'm not saying I'm going to win, I'm saying you have to have the chance to win on a factory bike. I'm not saying I'm racing for the money but at some point in my career I need to earn a living out of it.

"I can go back to World Superbike, earn a living and challenge for a title and win, potentially, races and a championship. So at least you have a shot at winning. I need to assess the situation and see from now on but the decision won't be this weekend."
Dave
2010 Z1000
ex bikes
05 ZX-10R Race Bike - No.77
95 ZXR750R M Race Bike - No. 75
98 ZX9R Race Bike - No. 000
zx6r, zx7r, GPX750, GPX500, lots of KX's.
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol
MadKaw
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wattie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Crutch low said on twitter, to listen out for announcement soon. Surprise!

So I wonder?
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Jonnymac » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Announced tonight he's staying with tech 3
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby 98ninja » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:17 pm

red_dave wrote:Image

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Andrea+Dovizioso+and+Ducati+together+beginning+in+2013

Andrea Dovizioso, who currently sits in fourth place overall in the MotoGP championship standings, will join Nicky Hayden on the team. The pair will face next season together, working on development of the Desmosedici and the MotoGP project for the championship in which Ducati has played an important role since 2003.

"The agreement reached with Andrea Dovizioso confirms the company’s primary interest in racing, which is an active and strategic part of Ducati’s DNA and heritage," said President Gabriele Del Torchio. "It is with great pleasure that I welcome Andrea, as we marshal our best efforts in confronting the MotoGP World Championship. Along with Nicky Hayden, with whom we have renewed a working agreement, we are confident that we will be able to proceed with our development program, to compete, and to obtain the results and rewards that will repay our efforts and the faith that our partners, sponsors and fans have never failed to demonstrate."

"Andrea’s technical sensibility and test-riding abilities are of great value, as are his talent and determination," added Filippo Preziosi, General Manager of Ducati Corse. "The knowledge that we will have him on our team and be able to count on his collaboration serves as an additional incentive to continue with the growth and development of our MotoGP project. I’m pleased that he has chosen to be a part of our team. He is aware of the work to be done, and he approaches it with enthusiasm and confidence, which are fundamental requirements for achieving success and for competing in this challenging championship."

:kuda:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Understeer ... understeer
99 zx9r - back
98ninja
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX9R

Return to General Racing Discussion