Rossi: It's me or Lorenzo at Yamaha in 2011!

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Rossi: It's me or Lorenzo at Yamaha in 2011!

Postby Lone Wolf » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:15 am

During an interview with the BBC, Valentino Rossi warned that Yamaha must choose between keeping him or team-mate Jorge Lorenzo for the 2011 MotoGP season.

"Yamaha have to decide between me and Jorge for 2011," he said. "I have a great option to join Ducati."

Lorenzo has been Rossi's closest rival this year, only losing the title to the nine time world champion at the penultimate round of the season.

Rossi has repeatedly stated his displeasure at developing a bike that will also benefit his closest championship rival. 2009 marks the first time that Rossi's team-mate has finished second in the championship.

Both Rossi and Lorenzo will remain at Fiat Yamaha next season.
"Women are temperamental... half temper, half mental."

http://www.corporateboxgym.com.au
Lone Wolf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Queensland

Re: Rossi: It's me or Lorenzo at Yamaha in 2011!

Postby laidback » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:52 am

Interesting times eh...Yamaha management won't like being told that by a rider.

Rossi to Ducati (with Burgess), but only if Stoner is not there as he would be in the same boat. Stoner to Honda. Spies to Yamaha main game.

My guess is that Rossi doesn't want to move to Ducati just yet as he sees that it is not a bike (yet) that he could win on given the problems everyone other than Stoner has riding it. Interesting to see Stoner's comments...

“We tried a new engine configuration designed at improving the rideability of the bike and for the moment it is going really well,” said Stoner. “The feedback is smoother and we improved traction with the same set-up we used over the weekend, so that is positive. We also tried some different forks and in general I am satisfied.”

I think it will be a close battle for the championship next year whichever way it pans out... :kuda:
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:46 pm

What a girl scout!!!
Fat Monkey Industries - Suppliers of carbon fibre parts for late model sports bikes. Check out our website
Inquires welcome. sales@fatmonkeyindustries.com.au

Join Team Ghetto Racing
Mike
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: ACT

Postby Zoidberg » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:10 pm

Valentino's never wanted a competitive teammate hence his approval of Edwards and Hayden as his teammates but vetoing talks between Yamaha and Stoner a couple of times. Add to that, Yamaha allowing Lorenzo to sign his contract after their usual deadline period and for a one year deal, two things Valentino was never allowed to do, and Mr Rossi is not a happy camper. It will be interesting to see if Yamaha go with the long term in Lorenzo or the shorter term with Rossi. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Lorenzo/Spies Yamaha team in 2011. I also can't see Stoner hanging around to play second fiddle to Rossi at Ducati (especially after winning his second world title for the red brand ;) ) so I think there will be a big rider shuffle after next season.
Ah, computer dating. It's like pimping but you rarely have to use the phrase "upside your head" - Bender Bending Rodríguez
Zoidberg
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby lifeofcrimeguy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Awww. Poir little rossi can't handle having a decent team mate? The prick's not a team player full stop.
See here, young man,
From Walgett to the sea,
From Conroy's Gap to Castlereagh,
There's none can ride like me.

-- Banjo Paterson
LMFAO
lifeofcrimeguy
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby badinov » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Rossi is the winning..est rider. That doesn't "just happen" !
He is going to use every edge that he can !
I don't think he would be world champion this year...if he was on a Ducati. :P
Nor do I think he would be as "fast" as Stoner, on the same bike ( be that Yamaha, Ducati etc ). :kuda:
I think Casey's feelings would be "negotiated" within his contract with Ducati ! :lol: :kuda:
Beam me up....Scotty,ENERGISE..
badinov
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby mick_dundee » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:30 pm

lifeofcrimeguy wrote:Awww. Poir little rossi can't handle having a decent team mate? The prick's not a team player full stop.

Fair call but personally speaking, I don't see it as a team sport, sure you're part of a team but reality is everyone is out there to win it rather than laying down for your team mate.
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki
State: Victoria

Postby Lone Wolf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:59 am

I read somewhere that Stoner's main guy is moving to Honda next year, possibly setting up a move for Casey in 2011. That would make a Rossi move much smoother.
The only other way I could see this working would be more of a 2 separate teams within the 1 sort of thing
"Women are temperamental... half temper, half mental."

http://www.corporateboxgym.com.au
Lone Wolf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Queensland

Postby Zoidberg » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:09 pm

Grey Ghost wrote:I read somewhere that Stoner's main guy is moving to Honda next year, possibly setting up a move for Casey in 2011. That would make a Rossi move much smoother.
The only other way I could see this working would be more of a 2 separate teams within the 1 sort of thing

Yeah, Livio Suppo was definately one of the main men at Ducati and will be the 'money chaser' for Honda next year. There was talk that Vito Guareschi, who has taken Livio's place, was favoured due to his good relationship with Rossi whereas Suppo was reportedly against the idea of going for Valentino. One rumour was of Rossi riding a satellite factory Ducati similar to the Nastro Azzuro Honda setup he had a few years ago.
Ah, computer dating. It's like pimping but you rarely have to use the phrase "upside your head" - Bender Bending Rodríguez
Zoidberg
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Troy Pearson » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:04 am

Screw honda. I'd like to see Casey stay where he is and for Rossi to come to the team in two years after Stoner serves it to him in the next two seasons.
Then Rossi comes to Ducati and struggles like a bitch. Oh that would be good, with the odd battle thrown in just to make Rossi frustrated and throw some blame towards the bike.

I wish him all the best though, he's gong to need it. I think Stoner will be ready next year for a real charge and win his 2nd title!
Troy Pearson
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX10R

Postby mfzx6r » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:56 pm

By By Rossi violent5.gif
Mario
'01 zx6r
klx300r
If it aint "Lime green" it must be a "Lemon"
Friends dont let friends ride Hondas

The most famous KSRC member of all...
Part of the "Fookarwe" tribe
mfzx6r
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict