MotoGP returning to 1000cc??

Discussion area for Moto GP, WSB, WSS and national racing - non Kawi related

Re: MotoGP returning to 1000cc??

Postby Zoidberg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:44 pm

photomike666 wrote:Let them spend what ever they want - it is the pinnical of racing. If you want the development to have benefit to the real world, limit the amount of fuel they are allowed to use. You can guarentee with in a season they will be back up to full power/speed, and will have developed technology that will be useful on the road.

Also, banning rider aids is a must - otherwise they might as well run the machines by remote computer control.

Isn't this contradictory to the your first part? I would have thought rider aids are highly useful on the road.
Ah, computer dating. It's like pimping but you rarely have to use the phrase "upside your head" - Bender Bending Rodríguez
Zoidberg
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby photomike666 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Zoidberg wrote:
photomike666 wrote:Let them spend what ever they want - it is the pinnical of racing. If you want the development to have benefit to the real world, limit the amount of fuel they are allowed to use. You can guarentee with in a season they will be back up to full power/speed, and will have developed technology that will be useful on the road.

Also, banning rider aids is a must - otherwise they might as well run the machines by remote computer control.

Isn't this contradictory to the your first part? I would have thought rider aids are highly useful on the road.

Rider aids are very useful on the road, but in a premier class of racing it should all be about the riders on fast machines. That doesn't mean there are not areas on the engine/suspension/chassie that can be further deveolped.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07 ZX10R since new, tracky TBA, KX450F, 87 CR250 restoration, GT MTB - I've got serious thrill issues, dude
photomike666
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Postby mick_dundee » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:42 pm

photomike666 wrote:Rider aids are very useful on the road, but in a premier class of racing it should all be about the riders on fast machines. That doesn't mean there are not areas on the engine/suspension/chassie that can be further deveolped.

Is why I said in another thread to bring back the 500's, 2 stroke, what Doohan and co rode, need serious balls and ability to ride them from what I understand.
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki
State: Victoria

Previous

Return to General Racing Discussion